EVO isn't running right...

I finally got EVO onto my IIci (Yeah, I know it's not the best mac in the world, but it was free 😛 ) But there seems to be a problem. First, a little background. I got the program of of a Macaddict CD. Everything seemed to run fine, except for two things. First, there was no sound except for the sounds that are in the Override Music file. The second (and worse) bug was that when I tried to leave the Sol system, my shuttle would keep going until it hit the corner of the system. It would just sit there, glued to the corner of the system, until I had to force EVO to quit. Is it possible that I got a corrupted sound file? If so, is there somewhere that I can get a working sound file without downloading the whole program?

------------------
(Insert witty remark here)

Okay man this is your lucky day cause I know how to fix all your problems. First the sound. For all the sounds you need an extension called Sound Manager (You probley need a better version if you already have it and the sound still dosen't work, I have version 3.0 so i know anything that or higher will work but older versions might work too). And now to solve your problem of getting stuck in the corner of the screen. you need to jump to hyperspace to go to other places (If you don't know what jumping to hyperspace is read the EVO documentation).

I think EVO matches the length of time a ship is in jump to the length of the hyperspace soundfile. If the soundfile won't play, EVO might be interpreting that as an infinitely long time in jump, which would lead to you being jammed in the corner of the system as you describe. Get the sound working as Kap describes and your troubles should end.

~R~

Thanks for the help. Apparently I forgot that I had removed the Sound Manager when I was installing an older version of Encarta, thinking the installer was going to put an older one in its place, after which I was going to put it back. The point is, it works now.

------------------
(Insert witty remark here)