The Awesome Arada

The Arada is vastly underrated. I can take out all of the Strand Warships in it. Four swivle phase cannons and two phase turrets make it quite powerful. It's high speed, good manuverability, and high acceleration make it handle like a fighter, but it's shields are good enough to last in sustained combat with human ships. I went from under 100K to over 6 million in under an hour in my Arada. Raiding Strand Warships is very profitable. Now, back to EVO...

------------------

Wedge Antilles

E-Mail:
wynn4@earthlink.net

AOL Instant Messenger Screenname:
Greg Halcyon

http://GregHalcyon.homestead.com

Underrated? Where did you get that idea? The Arada is generally acknowledged to be the best light general-purpose vessel in EVO.

------------------
ColdFusion

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Underrated? Where did you get that idea? The Arada is generally acknowledged to be the best light general-purpose vessel in EVO.

Absolutely, and if you board and 'use as your own ship', the Enhanced Arada, then upgrade it, what a treat you're in for.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Alan (edited 01-28-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Alan (edited 01-28-2000).)

Hey, I never tried the Arada! I personally liked the Lazira. It is a UE Destroyer that is a 1-jump ship, stick rockets in it and it's GREAT!! But after that I got the UE Cruiser. A ship updgrade list for me might be:

Shuttlecraft -> Scoutship -> UE Destroyer/Lazira -> UE Cruiser

------------------
🙂 Max B-H

well acually the best ship is all about the igazdra. Just add on all of the epgrades, get rid of the dispy rockets and buy four shield enhancers and Ure good to go

well acually the best ship is all about the igazdra.

well not every ones would agree, like me for one, personally i like the Azdara, although the only real big ship i've piloted is the Crescent Warship, i don't like them as much as the Zidra, i'd probably be flying one right now if i could dump the fighter bay. although the best ALL-AROUND ship, in my opinion, is the Arada.

Hmmmmm... i wonder where this string is headed?

------------------

The Arada is the most cost-effective ship in the galaxy. The Lazira has better equipment, but its price is much higher than the Arada. So for general trading, look for me in an Arada. When I'm fighting, I'll get a Lazira.

ElG7

------------------
Be nice - it doesn't cost anything!

(QUOTE)Mordon wrote:
although the best ALL-AROUND ship, in my opinion, is the Arada.

Have you ever tried an Igazra? One of those with some rockets, the SAE modules and some other nice "additions" can easily take out a Voinian Cruiser(with careful strategy, of course).

------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

Bozorg wrote:
**(QUOTE)Mordon wrote:
although the best ALL-AROUND ship, in my opinion, is the Arada.

Have you ever tried an Igazra? One of those with some rockets, the SAE modules and some other nice "additions" can easily take out a Voinian Cruiser(with careful strategy, of course).

I have. It's okay, but I like the UE Cruiser better. Much more space for weaponry and better armor. As for taking out the Voinian Cruiser, you would need to sell the phase weaponry and get blaze or neutron. I prefer Neutron weaponry, more accurate, longer range, and packs more power. The blaze cannon's only good feature is it's high firing rate.

------------------

Wedge Antilles

E-Mail:
wynn4@earthlink.net

Greg Halcyon

I would have to agree with Wedge. The UE Cruiser, while it takes little bit to get is worth it with its better speed and upgrade capability. Besides, it looks a lot like it is a predecessor of the eventual Rebel Cruiser from the original EV. That makes it cool.

------------------
Live long and perspire,
--Marcus B.
The Monkey

I find that Aradas are extremely powerful and useful with Dospect Armour and Neutron Cannons.

------------------

*** 8 Lightnings - Point at Confed Frigate and hit 'F' to destroy

hay 8 Lightings, do you loss any of your Lightings in an assolt on a confed frigate?

------------------

I said somewhere here before, but since where talking about it i think the cresent warship is the way to go. if you get the ship and strip the fighter bay, phase wepons, (and i usaully take out the sad luanchers) then put in 4 sheild enhancers, all the missle scramblers, dospect armor, hop up all engines, and add nuetron canons. you can add which ever your choice of rockets are, i realy don't know wich is the best, but i usualy go with the puirsut missles. anyways after all that you will have a ship that can easly deal with all the different fighters and go head tohead with every warship exept for the idgzardi and the voinain cruiser, but you can still take them out without to much trouble.
p.s. aradas are great ships, if you can try and get the zatchit arada, it looks the best, among other things.

------------------

Sigh..

Reading this board is like someone typing up all the boring questions and sticking them in a never ending loop.

There is no 'best' ship. Some are better (shuttle pretty much sucks), and some are worse. Mostly, however, it is skill.

If anyone would like, I'd be glad to prove this. Just name a ship you want me to use, and what you want me to take out. I'll nab a snapshot of the enemy blowing up, my ship, and my ship's outfits.

No plugin's in, too.

~S~

------------------
There is no limit to what someone can do, as long as they do not mind not getting the credit.

Skunko7 wrote:
**Sigh..

Reading this board is like someone typing up all the boring questions and sticking them in a never ending loop.

There is no 'best' ship. Some are better (shuttle pretty much sucks), and some are worse. Mostly, however, it is skill.

If anyone would like, I'd be glad to prove this. Just name a ship you want me to use, and what you want me to take out. I'll nab a snapshot of the enemy blowing up, my ship, and my ship's outfits.

No plugin's in, too.

~S~

Yeah, now that I've thought about it, it is possible to take out the Voinian Dreadnought in a shuttle. It would take a while with only one neutron cannon, blaze cannons don't have a long enough range. The fighters would also take a while to take out. It would be difficult, but far from impossible.

------------------

Wedge Antilles

E-Mail:
wynn4@earthlink.net

Greg Halcyon