Success!

At last, success! I have produced a 3rd party music file, and played it successfully during a level. However, some things of note:

• The music is 40 MB large.
  • The music is stolen from a CD. I wanted to use something just to see if I could do it. So I am technically stealing.
  • When installed, it produces an error code, although it still plays fine.
  • Some graphical portions of the game have temporary side effects that disappear within seconds.

In short...no way I'm putting this with Basic Nothingness.

------------------
I propose that Al Gore and Dubya Bush be dumped in favor of the Whig Party. Who's with me?

(This message has been edited by spamguy (edited 12-08-2000).)

MIDI's do too convert to AIFF! Open one up in MoviePlayer (not QuickTime Player!) and choose Export from the FIle menu. You can then choose MIDI to AIFF.

------------------

Originally posted by AVN:
**...Open one up in MoviePlayer (not QuickTime Player!) and...

I think QuickTime Player works.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Napster has a lot of songs and might have one like that , but if you're set against steeling then I guess you don't care.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Napster is just not a thing I like to use. I have yet to download a single MP3. And I don't have a DVD player, a cell phone, an SUV, a non-obsolete Mac...man, am I behind in the times. 🙂

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

And, for the record: I have successfully ported MIDI to AIFF. Thanks, AVN! Once I mess with it to make it loop and make it louder, I'll put it where it belongs.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

(quote)Originally posted by spamguy:
**I don't have a DVD player, a cell phone, an SUV, a non-obsolete Mac...man, am I behind in the times.:D

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

That's what I got for christmas last year! iMacs rule! On a completely unrelated topic, check out the topic "ONE BIG WORLD..."

------------------

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 12-09-2000).)

Originally posted by spamguy:
**an SUV

Yay! I hate SUVs.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"