Getting rid of unwanted EQ

How do you get rid of ship equipment if you can't get to the start system where you got it? I accidentally got a few of the independents sort of upset at me <g>, and now I can't get rid of the needler turrets that I have (much less buy ammo, etc). Am I screwed?

Josh

You're fine. All you need is a mission which takes you to the appropriate planet, so go to the mission computer and look for a cargo or passenger mission which goes there. They'll still try to kill you when you enter the system, but at least they'll give you clearance to land. Hope that helps,

~R~

(This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 01-21-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 01-21-2000).)

jhigham wrote:
**How do you get rid of ship equipment if you can't get to the start system where you got it? I accidentally got a few of the independents sort of upset at me <g>, and now I can't get rid of the needler turrets that I have (much less buy ammo, etc). Am I screwed?

Josh**

You're welcome to give any unwanted cash to me! 😄

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

andrew wrote:
You're welcome to give any unwanted cash to me! 😄
(/B)

I'll let you know, but at least currently it seems like everyone wants my cash 😉

I figured out what I did to piss the independents off though; I cancelled a mission, since I can't seem to beat it. It's the mission fighting off the units in 'Durba'(?), and I go there, kill all the enemy units, and nothing happens. Who knows.

Josh

Well I think that you should be able to eject weapons that you don't want and that it's more important that you get rid of the stuff imediately than get your money back. Would this be hard to implement into EV:O 1.0.2? I realize it's pretty late for it to be put in, but hopefully it wouldn't be to hard. Basically you'd just click on whatever you'd want to get rid of in the player window, and there'd be a little button you could click to say eject. Then, it could use the same sprite as te boxes for ejecting cargo. And maybe if it isn't sellable it wouldn't be ejectable 'cause usually those are modifications to the ship.

-Shade