Storm Valley Rest Area revisited

The original topic is (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum7/HTML/000645.html")here(/url)

MonsterLady struggled against the never ending wind and rain.

"Hmm, this seems TOO familiar", she thought to herself. "If it wasn't for the fireseeds I'd never come to this level. I sure hope OBW gets released sometime soon."

Ahead, through the rain, she sees a dark hulking lump sticking out from the ground. Hunching her head between her shoulders, she pushes through the rain until the outline of the building takes shape.

The door is hanging off of one hinge, swinging crazily in the unceasing wind. A low eerie howling noise is heard. MonsterLady realizes it is the wind whistling across the top of the chimney. "That fireplace always did draw well." she thought.

"Hmmm.... It's been awhile... Maybe I'll just stop in for awhile and see if there's anyone else around."

The room was dark, illuminated only by the occassional flashes of lightning.

She pushes through the cobwebs into the middle of the room. Suddenly spiders start dropping on her from the ceiling. Her wand is out in a flash, but there are too many of them... she feels her health depleting...

------------------
Age and treachery will usually overcome youth and enthusiasm.
Official Member of WIRP

(This message has been edited by MonsterLady (edited 05-13-2003).)

macmaxbh (formerly John Darling), recovered from his sadness of the breakdown of Storm Valley Rest Area, found himself fighting the Giant Chief. "Ha! Take that!" he said as he flung a fire seed at the giant, the last of many. The Giant Chief died- and macmaxbh did short happy dance. He realized his fireseed supply was gone, so he decided to run back to Storm Valley and collect some more. As he started down the rainy path, he noticed that the run-down wreck of Storm Valley Rest Area was very active. Spiders were swarming around it, and he could see a telltale orange glow from the inside. Someone was under attack.
"AAAMMMMBRRROOSSSSIAAAA!!" he yelled as he ran towards the spiders. Boomerangs shot out of his wand, one after another, hitting spider after spider. His magic ran out, and he gulped one of his precious magic potions, caught up in the heat of battle.

Twenty-five minutes later, all the spiders were gone. He ran to the shack and saw, in the middle, MonsterLady. She was pierced by many wounds, her blood shining all over her clothes.
"NOOO!!" he screamed. "Stay with me!". But it was too late. She fell to the ground. Quickly, macmaxbh took his one and only Rez Necklace from around his neck and slipped it around MonsterLady's neck. The necklace's gems shined brightly and the necklace evaporated in a puff of smoke. MonsterLady groaned and started to sit up.
macmaxbh closed his eyes and began to reconstruct the defensive spells protecting the hut as a swarm of amardillos started to gain interest in the hut and started walking towards it.
(edited for name, see later post for details)
------------------
Oh he put on his bright pink robes / And he curled up his yellow hair
And he ran about with his wand / As if we really care
He says he killed some old hag / And we guess it could be true
If Lockhart came after us / We?d choke to death laughing, too.

(This message has been edited by macmaxbh (edited 05-17-2003).)

Suddenly one of the armadillopines turned stone grey and had a blue glow. A cloaked figure leapt from somewhere onto the statue and threw a fireseed, damaging two. After blocking a number of spikes with his shield, the figure threw a seed and a blue explosion shook the world as two armadillopines burst into flames. During a flash of lightning, the armadillopine he was standing on reformed as statue wore off. As the person hit the ground, the familiar sound of a Rez necklace was barely heard under the pouring rain. Getting back on his feet, the cloaked figure pulled out an ice pick and began stabbing and blocking, finishing the remaining armadillopines. After a moment of silence, "It's good to be back." came Thok's voice from under the cloak. He pulled out a wand and began to fix up the walls.

(This message has been edited by Thok (edited 05-13-2003).)

Only by the flashes of lightning is the dark figure visible in the distance, approaching the hut slowly through the pouring rain, and at last, standing in the doorway, his tattered grey cloak dancing clumsily in the wind, as he slams the door inward, the other figures within th room look upward to see The grey-cloaked habnabit, under his hood, a red glow is just visible from the dark Habnabits eyes. He stares intently at th figures around the fire, before seating himself by the fire, oblivious to the stares still following him. After a few minutes of warming himself by the fire, he utters a low greeting "Hello my fellow habnabits," he is cut off by a low rumbling in the distance, that is definitly not thunder...

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

macmaxbh lowers his arms. "I have repaired the spell as well as I can. But the spell will only slow down enemies, not scare them away completely. We need the legendary Garendall Crystal to complete the spell and keep all enemies away. I am not sure where it is located, except for what a traveler told me once. He said 'The Garendall Crystal is in the cave.' Now, I must rest." he said as he collapsed into the murky and dirty ziridium hot-tub.

The rumbling in the background was definetly much louder.
(edited for name, see later post for details)
------------------

The door burst open into splinters, and through the doorway was visible the bottem five feet of one of the terrible Manditraki. The rumbling in the backround is now thundrous as The Grey habnabit Leaps up from his seat at the fire and aims his wand at the beast, He blasts at the Manditraki with his greatest of magic, but they glaze harmlessly off the demons exoskeloten. The habnabit reaches into his pouch for a ziridium seed, while trying to drive the creature backwards with an array of fire and magic. the habnabit clutches the seed in his hand, lets a vast fireball loose from his wand, blasting the manditraki back well away from the house, and throws the magical seed at the manditraki, covers his eyes, and dives behind a rock. A huge explosion rocks the ground, and when the smoke clears, the Warrior still stands, unharmed. The grey habnabit reaches for another seed, but to late, the manditraki reaches down and grasps the habnabit in its hand. With another of its many hands, he picks up the habnabits wand and crushes it in his hand. A huge blast throws even the Manditraki into the air, as the wands spirit and magic is destroyed. The habnabit screams in rage, but the Manditraki only holds him tighter, grinnng maliciously.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

macmaxbh, woken by the commotion, despirately casts a magic spell. A rock appears over the Manditraki's head. It falls and hits the Manditraki. The Manditraki roars in pain and starts running towards John, dropping The Grey Habanit. macmaxbh then tries another spell. A green essense begins to form around the rest area, and then encloses the Manditraki and solidifies. The Manditraki is frozen solid-- for the time being.
"Now, that's done it. I just surrounded the Manditraki with the protective spell. Now we have no magic protection. We need the Garendall Crystal if we want any protection at all from unfriendlies."
He collapses back into the hot tub.
(edited for name, see my next post for details)
------------------

Somehow, the Manditraki manages to let out a terrifing roar that echoes all the way from one end of Teraknorn to the other.

Within a few minutes, a huge army of Manditraki appears on the horizon, wondering why their leader had called them. They slowly start to advance towards him - and the Habnabits...

At that moment, a figure jumps from over the bar and lands in front of the Manditraki, armed with a Vorpal Dirk and a broken wand. He starts to attack the Manditraki, but soon the sheer number of them starts to overwhelm him. He is surrounded by a group of them, still fghting, but very soon he will be defeated - mere moments after his arrival...

------------------
Key Part in the making of (url="http://"http://xr.ferazel.net")Xichra's Revenge(/url).

(This message has been edited by MDWGMalc (edited 05-17-2003).)

MonsterLady sits up. "What is that noise?" she mutters, rubbing her head.

"Garendall Crystal", macmaxbh shouts. "We need the Garendall Crystal!"

An attacking Manditraki warrior crashes through one of the walls.

"Oh. Hold on." MonsterLady fumbles for her wand, and creates a rock chute in the ceiling above the Manditraki warrior. "Okay, everyone up on the roof. We can stay above them up here for a while. They're not very good at jumping. Just watch out for the rocks."

Everyone scrambles up onto the bar and helps one another up onto the roof. The wind is blowing fiercely. They huddle together away from the wind and rain in the haven created by the side of the huge rock chimney.

MonsterLady reaches into her cloak and pulls out some poppyseed muffins. "Hmmm... This whole fight scene really wasn't what I had in mind. I get attacked by some spiders and wake up to find the place surrounded by Manditraki warriors and almost totally wrecked." She hands the muffins out to the starving adventurers, then pulls out a roll of duct tape and fixes MDWGMalc's wand. "That will have to do for now" she says as she hands it back, admonishing "But you know only rocks work on the Manditraki warriors."

"Now, about this Garendall Crystal..." MonsterLady says to macmaxbh.

------------------
Official Member of WIRP

(Okay-- I'll just officialy change my character's name from John Darling to macmaxbh to aviod confusion)

"I do not know much. Only that in a cave, the Garendall Crystal awaits. Wait.. I've heard something else.. the crystal is a protection even without spells. Maybe it is near the caves/underground tunnels were we habnabits lived-- that could explain why the enemy is weakest there".

"I am healed enough to portake on a short quest. I will go over to the Wizard's Mountain and collect rocks from the base. I need one person to go with me and one or two people to stay here and knock the rocks over the Manditraki's heads. We'll teleport the rocks back as we collect them-- I have just learned a spell that will do the trick, although I am exhausted still."

"Who will join me and who will stay?"
(edit-spelling error)
------------------

(Oops - sorry. I'm not so good at RPG - I just looked at who posted and didn't look at your name, John, darling! 😉 )

"I'll stay here and use the rocks on the Manditraki as they appear." volunteered MonsterLady.

------------------
Official Member of WIRP

('tis okay-- I'll not go against the crowd. Also, that was the name of my character in a play I was in at the time, at that was a looong time ago :), I'll stick with macmaxbh)

"Good. Who will come with me, who else will stay, and who will search for the Garendall Crystal?" asked macmaxbh.

------------------

"I'll go with you."
Thok stepped out of the shadows and pulled the cloak of his hood down, wand ready.

------------------

"Good. I have all I need." said macmaxbh. He jumped down off the roof towards the nearest access to the world map. Thok came with him. They soon found themselves at the food of the Wizard's Mountain. He said to Thok "You find the rocks, and I'll transport them back."
"Okay," Thok said.

They began to find and transport back several head-sized rocks.
"I hope MonsterLady can hold them off," macmaxbh said.

------------------
If Lockhart came after us / WeÂ’d choke to death laughing, too.

"When am I gonna retire?" muttered the Habnabit to himself. "Greetings, I am salrillian the clever, from Kher Bral in the Habnabit caves" he said cheerfully to monsterlady. He walked into the small and now damaged lodge and settled into a rocking chair, then picked up the pieces and began to mend his wand, humming to himself slightly out of tune.

------------------
Albert Einstein

"How'd you get through?" asked a habnabit to Salrillian. "Also, we're under attack by Mandraki, so you might want to come up here on top of the bar. Would you happen to have seen a magic crystal near where you lived?"
Elsewhere, macmaxbh and Thok were busy teleporting rocks. They both were hot and sweaty, but they had done a lot of work.
"That's enough for right now. Let's go back and help send the Mandraki off."

------------------
If Lockhart came after us / WeÂ’d choke to death laughing, too.

Ferazel enters the rest area, looks around, and takes a muffin off of a wooden table. He then magiks his new aluminum PowerBook into the rest area and sits down in a large, soft chair. Using Classic, Ferazel tries to continue making his XR leves with his broken arm... :frown:

(that post took me four minutes to type one-handed.)

------------------
Key Part in the making of Xichra's Revenge.
---
(url="http://"http://www.ferazelhosting.net")Oblivion awaits...(/url)

The rocks finish off the remaining Manditraki.

MonsterLady jumps down from roof and walks over to Ferazel.

"Oh, you poor thing." she says. "I've got a health potion here, but it might take a few weeks to work." 😉

"Gee, thanks." Ferazel says. In return he edits in a transporter in the corner. "That should take you to the cave where the Garendall Crystal is."

"Be right back." ML says, and climbs on the transporter. A few minutes later she re-materializes, the Garendall Crystal clutched in her hands. "You could have told me about the goblins," she says, glancing at Ferazel "Fortunately I had just enough magic and health to make it."

"Oops, sorry." says Ferazel.

ML puts the Garendall Crystal on a table in the centre of the room, and climbs into the Ziridium pool to renew her health and magic levels. The rest of the habnabits work on rebuilding the walls where the Manditraki had crashed through.

Eventually the cabin returns to it's normal cosy atmosphere, a fire crackling in the fireplace, the ziridium pool cleaned out and sparkling, and a fresh batch of poppyseed muffins baking in the oven.

ML looks around the room, is satisfied and goes and sits in an armchair by the fire, resting her feet on the hearth of the fireplace.

"Now, tell me Ferazel" she says, cracking open a Kokanee, "How on earth did you break your arm?"

------------------
Official Member of WIRP

All of a sudden,a unknown habnabit appears in front of Thok and macmaxbh. His face is not visible but they can see his glowing,bloodred eyes. He says to them with a deep laugh:"I am DeepDeath,....you look tired". Wands at the ready, Thok and macmaxbh prepare to do battle with this new foe. "Who are you,and what is your business here" Thok says. "Fools!"DeepDeath exclaims,"I am not your enemy". He throws them a pair of health potions."We shall meet again" and in a flash of red light he dissapeared.

------------------
Coming soon:DeepDeath666's (fairly good)level set!

"Greetings Ferazel, ML" said the grey cloaked habnabit, who's red eyes appear to have faded to a more normal color. "Sorry about the red eyes and all, im allergic to armadillopines, happenes every time" He then sank into an easy chair by the fire. "I see you've found the garendall crystal" ML nods slowly "I traveled to garendall a few times, suddenly turning slightly misty-eyed. "Nice place, but no Habnabits, and I heard they've been having some trouble with giants and all."

------------------
Albert Einstein