Luck/stat raising

I keep seeing all these people saying they're at level 20 with every stat at 100+ , however unless there is a very sudden boost of stats somewhere, I seem to be very behind as i'm at level 13 with only 12 strength, 15 dex, 15 vitality, 8 speed, 10 marksmenship, and 13 luck. Am I just behind, or are there things i should do to up my stats. My main concern is raising my luck, so any hints/spoilers as to how I can raise that, or any stat for that matter, would be appreciated.

------------------
All hail Phill, master of insane rantings, Ruler of Heck, and Prince of insufficiant light

Yes, I too fell that way. The "stat hunters" say that there is a place where you can buy potins that will raise various stats. I was able to find several potions of that kind. But don't knw where to buy them.

------------------
"I'm not the one who runs from a fight, but also I'm not the one who stay in a losing battle." Galeish

If anyone needs help creating a web site with HTML or needs help with HTML please e-mail me at (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi?action=email&ToWhom;=rebel+council")rebel_council@mac.com(/url)

You can buy stat potions at Kalixa's house, which is on an island right offshore from the Witches Finger

------------------
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that." -G. H. Hardy
"Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself." -Peter da Silva

heh... I had a feeling my signature would be too big...

------------------
"Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself."
-Peter da Silva

Just out of curiousity(and a bit of boredom), what is the max for each stat?

Also, what does each stat determine? I know more than 15 strength adds a damage bonus to all your attacks and vitality increases the amount of health you gain each level. But what about the others? Does Dexterity effect both your attack rating and your armor class? What does luck do?

4500 gold - Dexterity affects attack % and defense %.
3500 gold - Luck affects how much stuff monsters drop, excluding gold, and non-equipment carrying monsters. When you become stat hunters yourselves, pour your gold into luck first.
3000 gold - Vitality affects how many Hitpoints you gain when you levelup.

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

actually I believe that vitality potions are 3.5k... slight possibility I'm wrong, but I doubt it

------------------
"Ahhh. A man with a sharp wit. Someone ought to take it away from him before he cuts himself."
-Peter da Silva

Ok, so it's on an island. But how do I get to it?

------------------
All hail Phill, master of insane rantings, Ruler of Heck, and Prince of insufficiant light

You get to the island by going as far west as you can from the Plains of Endlesswind tunnel entrance until you get to a little cave, and then go in there and get past the demon dogs (as I call them), until you get to two sets of stairs leading up. The first set leads up to the Witch Finger Tunnel Entrance and a whole lot of treasure piles (which is helpful for getting back to that), while the second set (a little farther south) leads up to the witch's hut.

TIE - how high should I get my luck up before I start on my dex? I have it at 17 right now, and though I see an imporvement on the amount of gold dropped by those demon dogs, it still takes forever to acquire 3K for the next potion.

------------------

Garfi-
Luck doesn't affect the amount of gold that monsters drop, at least not substantially. Luck makes monsters drop more stuff, except for monsters like the demon dogs, who don't have any stuff to drop. My advice is to go to the area south of Varendeep lake where the mages have their temple (where you retrieved the second dragon tooth from). I've found that this class of mage drops the most gold, and equipment too. Just to give you an example:

Just keep going in and out of that tile, killing all the mages each time. When I did this at 50 luck, I averaged about 40-50 gold per mage, and so I figure I killed about 200 mages to get $10,000. But at 50 luck, when I went to sell the equipment that the 200 mages dropped, it sold in total for almost $50,000 more. That's where the money comes from.

BTW- if anyone knows of a class of monster that drops more/ better items than the mages, and a good place to hunt them, let me know.

------------------
-Macros
"No, no no...not the road less traveled....take the subway. It's faster."

The minotaurs drop better items and more gold. They are next to the south tunnel entrance. The cyclops are slightly easier, and drop pretty decent stuff for their difficulty, they are on the cyclops coast.

------------------

i like hunting lilith warriors on Reef island. they have a good mix of exp, gold and items(inc lilith shield and dwarven ring and chain all worth 2000+ gold). Plus the cave on the island is fill with mind zombies? which drop great potions.

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.

(This message has been edited by straytoaster (edited 09-19-2001).)

QUOTE:

Orifinally posted by Macros:

BTW- if anyone knows of a class of monster that drops more/ better items than the mages, and a good place to hunt them, let me know.

when i kill sea giants, they give me 400+ gold with 41 luck

A trip to Reefs Island, clearing every screen as you go, gets you about 120000 gold, once you sell everything.

You can buy quite a few potions with that (;-))

Elias.

------------------
"You only have the rights
you defend in others"

Note: This is my first post here. Apologies if I screw up the UBB Code (or go completely overboard with it :)).

Originally posted by Elias:
**A trip to Reefs Island, clearing every screen as you go, gets you about 120000 gold, once you sell everything. You can buy quite a few potions with that (;-))

With Luck 30, a trip to Reefs Island fetched about 10K GP with an additional 20K GP from equipment sales. The latter including two Daggers of Ferret, a few of the nicer Elven and Dwarwen items, and two Lilith Shields. Nice payoff, but not spectacular IMO...

Repeating the trip, now with Luck at 40 -- as a result of buying Elixirs of Luck for the money from the last expedition -- yielded about the same amount of cash (~10K GP), but equipment value was up to about 35K GP(!). The big value came from a DrivaTan Full Plate (1600 GP), two Dwarwen Ring Mails (2750 GP), a Dvarwen Splint Mail (2650 GP), and no less then five Lilith Shields (2250 GP); in addition to the usual assortment of little things and a random spread of the nicer ELven and Dvarwish items (~1K GP).

Note that none of these figures includes Potions of Healing as I usually never sell these. This makes the comparison slightly inaccurate as you can make a small fortune in Potions of Healing in the caves on Reefs Island.

Oh, and if anyone is curious about what it takes to be able to stroll around Reefs Island killing Liliths and Mind Hunters just to see how much cash they're worth -- 😄 -- key stats for this experiment were:

• Level : 23

• Life : 176

• Damage : 21-48(+5)

• Armor : 127

• Strength : 20

• Dexterity : 20

I was also packing the Dwarven Runic Sword, the Elven Full Plate, a Lilith Shield, and assorted other goodies. I needed every point of Health I had, and gulped generous amounts of Healing Potions, but still had more potions coming out then going in.

Given the numbers above, I'd say the break even point is somewhere between 20 and 25 in Luck (depending on Hero Stats and Equipment); below that and you'll probably waste more on Healing Potions than you earn in cash and equipment on a trip.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by PoGers Anonymous. We now return you to your regularly scheduled PoGing.

------------------

Your stats don't have to be that high. I first went to reef island at level 19 with about 125 life(don't remember the exact number anymore). I didn't even have to use health pots on the surface. Just draw them off one at a time and kill them. After the area is clear you can cure yourself using the tent. On average I took about 20 some damage total per area. I took more damage in the caves cause you can't block the mind guys, but they're so much easier to kill that I was just able to use the tent technique there to.

------------------

where exactly is reef island (in relation to the nearest warp tunnel)

Originally posted by -esw-dragoon_77:
where exactly is reef island (in relation to the nearest warp tunnel)

in berglum, you take the boat to the island

heres better directions caution spoiler (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum61/HTML/000246.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/000246.html(/url)

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.

For me the easiest way to get about 50K /hour was on Reef Island, killing 6 Liliths a minute.

Go to the ring of stones in the southeast section and set off the alarm.
Kill the 6 Liliths that spawn. (They are weaker than the regular Liliths (worth 600xp instead of 1000xp) so it shouldn't be too hard to take several at a time even with fairly low stats)
Pick up loot.
Drink a potion if needed.
Save the game while inside the stone circle.
Load the game.
Set off the alarm again.
Repeat 500 times.
Leave filthy stinking rich.

I don't seem to get many Lilith Shields from them, but plenty of dwarven and elven chain worth 2-3k

The only downside is having to listen to the alarm everytime, but its easy enough to turn the volume down.