'The Tain' Progress Log

Originally posted by Salrillian:
**Posted Image

That's...
Where'd you get that and what computer are you running?

-Ferazel_999

------------------

Originally posted by Ferazel_999:
**That's...
Where'd you get that and what computer are you running?

-Ferazel_999

What are you talking about?

By the way, place your signature below the line.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

(This message has been edited by Salrillian (edited 02-24-2003).)

Sorry about the first version of the Tain, I submitted the wrong version, so level 2 was not complete, Im making a new level 2 and one that I havent named yet, once I'm done with those, The tain vers 1.1.0 will be released.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

Well, the Tain version 1.1.0 is now on the addons list.

CHANGES FROM 1.0.0
1 level added, 1 level completed

Level 1 terrain changed from cave to ruins (I cant tell you how much better it looks)

General minor bug fixes, minor terrain changes and minor decorations added.

We forgot to alter the level names, well put that in with our next version.
------------------
Albert Einstein

(This message has been edited by Salrillian (edited 02-28-2003).)

I've made four attempts to download this file from the addons page and it seems to be corrupt. Someone must have been able to download it because it has been rated but I have scored a blank each time - Stuffit informs me that the file is damaged Posted Image . I get the same message each time.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**I've made four attempts to download this file from the addons page and it seems to be corrupt. Someone must have been able to download it because it has been rated but I have scored a blank each time - Stuffit informs me that the file is damagedPosted Image . I get the same message each time.

I just tried dling it, it says the integity of the resource ork 'Ferazels Wand World Data' Could not be confirmed, use cauthion when using this file" It didn't do that with the original .sit but I just tried and now it does, I'll try restuffing and resubmitting, however with me, the file worked fine. (were you referring to the tain 1.0.0 or 1.1.0?)

------------------
Albert Einstein

(This message has been edited by Salrillian (edited 03-02-2003).)

**I just tried dling it, it says the integity of the resource ork 'Ferazels Wand World Data' Could not be confirmed, use cauthion when using this file" It didn't do that with the original .sit but I just tried and now it does, I'll try restuffing and resubmitting, however with me, the file worked fine. (were you referring to the tain 1.0.0 or 1.1.0?)

1.1.0 Since there was a later file I didn't bother downloading the previous one. Perhaps I should

------------------

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**1.1.0 Since there was a later file I didn't bother downloading the previous one. Perhaps I should

Dont bother, 1.0.0's level 2 is messed up so you cant progress past it.

------------------
Albert Einstein

um, so are you going to put up a new download? i get the same error messages liz got.

thanks....

susan

------------------
you can take a line and
say it isn't straight but
that aint gonna change
its shape-jets to brazil

(This message has been edited by sproutsie (edited 03-08-2003).)

Originally posted by sproutsie:
**um, so are you going to put up a new download? i get the same error messages liz got.

thanks....

susan

I got the same problem.

By the way, I don't think you've received a proper greeting, so welcome to the boards, susan!

------------------
Come on over to irc.ambrosia.net !
(url="http://"http://ninthkingdom.ferazel.net")OBW: The Ninth Kingdom for Ferazel's Wand coming soon?(/url)

Originally posted by PCheese:
**I got the same problem.

By the way, I don't think you've received a proper greeting, so welcome to the boards, susan!

Yes, we have been remiss! Welcome to our little gathering, Susan! Stick around - post a bit!
ML

------------------
Age and treachery will usually overcome youth and enthusiasm.
Official Member of WIRP

Originally posted by sproutsie:
**um, so are you going to put up a new download? i get the same error messages liz got.

thanks....

susan

Hi Susan! wecome to the boards.

Sarillion you are going to put in a new download aren't you - you seem to have gone very quiet.

------------------

hey, everyone- thanks for the welcome- i've actually been a lurker here for years, and have played ferazel for years, too! i have played all of the add-ons, at least once or twice, so i (like you, i'm sure) am always anxious when a new one comes out....i forgot that i've never posted here except once a bazillion years ago. i wish there were other games like ferazel- i really don't like those 3-d-ish ones where you have to pick if you are a warrior or a sage or whatever and then collect health points and talk to merchants and have battle scenes. i know that i've just said i don't like 90% of the games now out there, but sadly, it is true. 2-d side-scrollers! that is for me!

thanks again for saying hi to me....

------------------
you can take a line and
say it isn't straight but
that aint gonna change
its shape -jets to brazil

Okay, sorry I havent been on for a while, I just fixed me world and it should work fine unless it gets messed up in the uploading. I made a couple of minor changes so I labebled it 1.1.1 email me about any bugs or suggestions or comments at sam.ennis@rcn.com

Im planning to eventually release my "Rainbow Ferazel" thing with this, since in this, you arent playing Ferazel but another Habnabit hero. Im planning to give him a red cape, but if you get rainbow Ferazel he can be any color you want. 🙂

------------------
Albert Einstein

Well, just so you all know I havent disappaered from the boards, although it seems most people have. Im nearly dine with the level that Im planning to be close to the end, "The Catacombs" It took me an hour to beat the unfinished version, so it is hard. Anyone interested in testing out the level, post here.

------------------
Albert Einstein

**Well, just so you all know I havent disappaered from the boards, although it seems most people have. Im nearly dine with the level that Im planning to be close to the end, "The Catacombs" It took me an hour to beat the unfinished version, so it is hard. Anyone interested in testing out the level, post here.

Will beta if no one else volunteers.

------------------
Age and treachery will usually overcome youth and enthusiasm.
Official Member of WIRP