'The Tain' Progress Log

Progress log opened
The Tain

By Nathilia and Salrillian
STORYLINE:
Damath, the great Habnabit hero has returned from his the war in Prioth to find the habnabit race nearly vanquished, saved only by the great Ferazel, but now, evil is returning to Teraknorn. Nathas and his brother, Nathalia have found the ancient artifact known only as 'The Tain.' They are using it to create an army of ultimate evil, soon there will be no stopping them. Now Damath and Ferazel must work together to defeat the twin evils.

PLANNED LEVELS:

Tombstone
Damath returns to his home caverns only to find that they have been overrun by the goblin hordes, there he meets Ferazel, who gives him his quest.

Deeper Darkness
Damath is drawn to the dark prescence deep in the habnabit caves despite Ferezels warnings

South-er Pole
Damath finds a secret passage at the bottem of Habnabit caverns into a new complex of huge caves engulfed in snow and ice.

Mathan
At the very depths of the frozen Earth lies Mathan, the high mage and all his apprentices and disciples. Kill him, for he, using the Tain, has the power to wipe all Teraknorn off the face of the Earth. A powerful telaporter in Mathons lair sends you across Teraknorn to the north mountains.

Fetid Peak
The highest peak of all the world, dark energies and demons flock to the caverns within. Make your way across these mountains into the caverns below.

Drachelnach
Within mount Vylorin lies the underground fortress, Drachelnach, of the fallen king Denethor of Teraknorn. strike down the acolytes of evil and face Denethor. Use the teleporter there to go to the forests of Naph-Lukash
(IN PROGRESS)
------------------
'...and so Nathilia was banished from Teraknorn, but in the neighboring land of Denelia, Nathalia found the artifact known only as 'Mascot Editor' and from there he began to strike doom into the land of Teraknorn.'

(This message has been edited by Nathilia (edited 01-11-2003).)

**Originally posted by Nathilia:
South-er Pole
Damath finds a secret passage at the bottem of Habnabit caverns into a new complex of huge caves engulfed in snow and ice.

South-er-Pole has been completed. Its loaded with secrets and traps, and is annoyingly complex. it's buggy, which im striving to fix. Anyone interested in testing email me at (url="http://"mailto:Junkmailreturner@netscape.net")mailto:Junkmailreturner@netscape.net(/url)Junkmailreturner@netscape.net

I have started work on Tombstone it is a medieum sized level littered with corpses. Medium traps, Medium hazards, few enemies, but they are well placed

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

Although i didnt plan to make this, it was a good idea in theory, I made a tower level, thin and tall. I havent yet thought of a name so suggestions are welcome. If you are interested email me at (url="http://"mailto:junkmailreturner@netscape.net")mailto:junkmailreturner@netscape.net(/url)junkmailreturner@netscape.net

Originally posted by Salrillian:
**I have started work on Tombstone it is a medieum sized level littered with corpses. Medium traps, Medium hazards, few enemies, but they are well placed

What does this have to do with this topic?

------------------
For lack of a better sig: gurgle. (1.1)

Originally posted by spamguy:
**What does this have to do with this topic?

Originally posted by Nathilia:
**The Tain
By Nathilia and Salrillian

------------------
Signature currently in development.

Originally posted by spamguy:
**What does this have to do with this topic?

You might not have noticed but on the top it says ' By Nathilia and Salrillian

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

For anyone who emailed me saying they wanted to beta test, my email adress is offline. Email Salrillian.

------------------
'...and so Nathilia was banished from Teraknorn, but in the neighboring land of Denelia, Nathalia found the artifact known only as 'Mascot Editor' and from there he began to strike doom into the land of Teraknorn.'

**You might not have noticed but on the top it says ' By Nathilia and Salrillian

"Do not ask me to think, I am much too intelligent for that."
-- Albert Camus

------------------
For lack of a better sig: gurgle. (1.1)

The Tain Version 1.0 is now available. It contains a full 6 levels (there will be much more eventually) it should appear on the addons page soon. Please report any bugs to me at (url="http://"mailto:sam.ennis@rcn.com")mailto:sam.ennis@rcn.com(/url)sam.ennis@rcn.com

I just had a great idea, ince this isnt Ferazel in this world, im gonna make him a different colors that u can switch anytime. (yes, that is possible)

------------------
Albert Einstein

**I just had a great idea, ince this isnt Ferazel in this world, im gonna make him a different colors that u can switch anytime. (yes, that is possible)

Just as a matter of interest why do you have two progress logs. Aren't they supposed to be only on the hacking boards? They say the same thing, even to the same spelling idiosyncrasies.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**Just as a matter of interest why do you have two progress logs. Aren't they supposed to be only on the hacking boards? They say the same thing, even to the same spelling idiosyncrasies.

To be honest, its cause no one payed much attaention to my old world, so i figured if its on both boards it would get more notice so i could get more testers and such.

------------------
Albert Einstein

**To be honest, its cause no one payed much attaention to my old world, so i figured if its on both boards it would get more notice so i could get more testers and such.

Did it make any difference?

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

Eh, isn't the Tain already in use as the artifact in Myth? Seems like this level set is a tad... derivative.

------------------
The autotrophic organisms are decidedly more verdent when located on an adjacent surface.

I just had a great idea, ince this isnt Ferazel in this world, im gonna make him a different colors that u can switch anytime. (yes, that is possible)

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
Eh, isn't the Tain already in use as the artifact in Myth? Seems like this level set is a tad... derivative.

Heh... ferazel and I have already done the changing-Ferazel's-colors trick too, Salrillian... but then again XR hasn't been released yet so I suppose you could still be the first to publically release new Ferazel sprites 😉

------------------
Key Part in the making of (url="http://"http://xr.ferazel.net")Xichra's Revenge(/url).

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
**Eh, isn't the Tain already in use as the artifact in Myth? Seems like this level set is a tad... derivative.

not that I know of

------------------
Albert Einstein

(This message has been edited by Salrillian (edited 01-22-2003).)

(Heh... ferazel and I have already done the changing-Ferazel's-colors trick too, Salrillian... but then again XR hasn't been released yet so I suppose you could still be the first to publically release new Ferazel sprites 😉

(/B)(/QUOTE)
well, ive never read your progress log (if you have one) so I didnt know that that had already been thought up. You arent Ferazel in my level set so I figured it would make sense to give him a slightly different outfit.

------------------
Albert Einstein

Posted Image

------------------
Albert Einstein

(This message has been edited by Salrillian (edited 01-24-2003).)

**not that I know of

Play the Myth series. The Tain figures very prominently in all of them.

------------------
The autotrophic organisms are decidedly more verdent when located on an adjacent surface.