Goblin Boss

After playing Ferazel's Wand for a long time (and beating the ice and desert levels) I find the key needed to get through "River of Fears". Now I have come across the Goblin Boss. Is there any secret to him like there waas to the Manditritaki Warrior? Thanks,
Zqipper

------------------
PJA

Possible Spoilers!

"Goblin Chief"

I think I remember finding a way to hang onto the bottom of the right wall and avoid some of his attacks as well as being stunned. Jump off the ground right before he lands so Ferazel isn't stunned. To beat the Goblin Chief, use fireseeds and "shoot-as-fast-as-you-can" tactics." Maybe you can duck under his knives (I forget, it's been a while ;)) then shoot him. Also, I believe some spells kill him off more quickly (maybe ice wall or statue?).

Can someone confirm any of this?

------------------
Come on over to irc.ambrosia.net !
(url="http://"http://ninthkingdom.ferazel.net")OBW: The Ninth Kingdom for Ferazel's Wand coming soon?(/url)

PCheese's advice sounds like it'd work fine, although you may die a couple times if any of it is incorrect.

Originally posted by zqipper:
**After playing Ferazel's Wand for a long time (and beating the ice and desert levels) I find the key needed to get through "River of Fears".

Um, if I remember correctly, (Which I do) the desert levels are after the goblin chief.

------------------
Signature currently in development.

Originally posted by PCheese:
**Possible Spoilers!

"Goblin Chief"

I think I remember finding a way to hang onto the bottom of the right wall and avoid some of his attacks as well as being stunned. Jump off the ground right before he lands so Ferazel isn't stunned. To beat the Goblin Chief, use fireseeds and "shoot-as-fast-as-you-can" tactics." Maybe you can duck under his knives (I forget, it's been a while ;)) then shoot him. Also, I believe some spells kill him off more quickly (maybe ice wall or statue?).

Can someone confirm any of this?

Yes I think you're right PCheese it only takes two or three fireseeds to kill him. If you don't have any fireseeds get in as close as possible without touching him (that way he won't be able to get you with the axe) and shoot like crazy.

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given.

And to add upon what Liz said, the Statue spell will kill him much faster than any other you have at this point.

---Zelda

------------------
STILL a proud member of WIRP
--------
Bege is right all the time.

Thanks to everyone who replied to help me; I finally killed of the Goblin Chief with (as PCheese and Lizwiz said) with 4 fireseeds.

Oh, and in responce to Thok, who cares?

------------------
PJA

Originally posted by Thok:
**PCheese's advice sounds like it'd work fine, although you may die a couple times if any of it is incorrect.

Um, if I remember correctly, (Which I do) the desert levels are after the goblin chief.

Yes I can confirm this, especially since ice wall does 3 damage and you SHOULD really jump to avoid being earthquaked by the lout.

------------------

When I batteled I the goblin Chief I used my Smite Rings, but they didn't seem to kill him fast enough.

------------------

Originally posted by Ice Ferazel:
**When I batteled I the goblin Chief I used my Smite Rings, but they didn't seem to kill him fast enough.

Thats a waste, you really should save all your smite rings, healing potions, res necklaces and seeds for xichra, it may seem like a lot, but trust me, if youve evr faced xichra, youll see why you should save all that.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein