Fire Levels

After getting through the Labyrinth and the Desert Levels, I'm now stuck on the two fire levels, If You Can't Stand The Heat and Out Of The Frying Pan. Is there any way to get some of the secrets, such as the resurrection necklaces without completely cooking yourself?

------------------

Don't know if this is considered a spoiler or not...

Don't read if you don't want to know what you're getting into later...

Once you have finished all the fire levels (Fire Guardians) you will get a fire charm which makes it possible to stand on lava spouts and walk through fire so you're less likely to be injured in the fire levels. However you will still be injured by lava pools.

You can go back and more easily get some of the goodies then. Also use the V-blade as it kills enemies on multiple levels as you're travelling through, and opens up some hidden secret passageways. The biggest drawback to going back is that you've usually used up all the save spots!

ML

------------------
Age and treachery will usually overcome youth and enthusiasm.
Official Member of WIRP

Originally posted by Kalixa:
**After getting through the Labyrinth and the Desert Levels, I'm now stuck on the two fire levels, If You Can't Stand The Heat and Out Of The Frying Pan. Is there any way to get some of the secrets, such as the resurrection necklaces without completely cooking yourself?

In 'if you cant stand the heat' i discovered a few handy tips and secrets. Number 1, like Monsterlady mentioned V-blade is extremely helpful, however, it is very difficult, it took me literally like 80 ries to beat, but I have disvovered an extremely handy trick. the wall of fire will stop moving at a certain point close to the end, if you do it right, you can wait for as long as you want towards the end and only take two damage from the fire, when you go through the door. Another exellent secret, at the end of part one there is a wall (duh) shoot at the middle oif that wall and you will find a secret passage to a large room containing a crate with a res necklace, that, though best if saved for fighting Xichra like all other potions and necklaces, can be quite helpful. It is also helpful to always keep firing with both V blade and boomerang. V blade can open up secrets and kill enemies above you as well as below on other levels. Boomerang can kill those pesky weak walls placed in your path that are easily destroyed, but can cause a severe delay.
Out of the Frying Pan, in my opinion is somewhat easier because there are less pesky obstacles, because V-Blade is spectacular in it and because you have gravity on your side, but dont get cocky, its still no picnic. A few hints, you should always run, the faster you go, the farther you are from death. Dont bother with powerups, like monsterlady said, its best to come back when you have the fire charm. always use V-blade and fire continually, it will kill enemies below you and break annoying weak floors. Dont Bother with enemies, they're there more to delay you then to hurt you. Use Gravity to your advantage, never climb down walls, always jump, in certain areas there is downward wind to speed your fall ALWAYS use those, they can be a life saver. Once your at the bottem, your perfectly save. The fire cant go any farther, so dont rush and get the rock needed to hold down the button stuck somewhere.

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."
Albert Einstein

Ok, I'll definitely try them out with the V Blade then. Thanks very much for all your advice and information, yet again!

------------------