Help With the Dread Queen, S'il Vous Plait!

Hello everyone.
To be frank, Xichra is crushing me. Even with three Rez Necklaces, a Health Potion, and 85 Fire Seeds, I can never come up with an effective strategy for vanquishing the Dread Queen. I looked in the subject "Beating Xichra is Easy..." but it went way off topic before I found what I was looking for. So; if you have any tips, hints, or even spoilers, could you post them here? I am in desperate need. Thanks!

By the way, how can you possibly escape the arrows coming from either side, when the sky is greenish-yellow? They are a pain.

------------------
---crecent 182
Why the '182'? BLINK 182 ROCKS!!!

This isn't an uncommon subject.

It'd help if you'd be more specific on what she's doing thats crushing you.

First, I suggest you talk to Nimbo after saving his brother.

To get past the arrows, I'd jump in a cannon. If you have any smite rings, you can use those too.

By the way, welcome to the boards!

------------------
Signature currently in development.

Originally posted by crecent 182:
... spoilers , could you post them here?

If you use the "Search" link (in the top right of a page), and search for something like "Xichra" in the subject only, you'll get quite a bit of stuff. This is what I found most important (you said post spoilers...):

Originally posted by Seth07:
**I dunno how many other folks noticed this, but there's a place to hide in Xichra's anteroom -- you go left, and jump at the wall while holding left (and running) -- you'll sort of run against the wall, like you do when you're climbing a tree spell. Keep jumping up while running left, and you land in a little nook, just a little more space to stand on than you need (barely). Xichra's fireballs can still hit you there (but the Manditraki Wizard's magic shield will block them), but all the horrendous stuff she summons to drop on your head can't hit you there!

You then just toss ziridium seeds at her when she makes a close pass near you -- you'll figure it out, but you have to jump and throw to get enough distance to hit her. When she flops down on the floor, you can hit her a time or two more. Then, as someone said earlier, she says a little speech, and then goes into high-stress mode, dropping those explosive eggs all over the place. She's nearly dead by that point, though. 🙂

I'm glad I found the hiding place before trying to dodge all that stuff falling out of the sky... I had just finished the fire levels, so I was already a little frazzled... 😉

------------------
Key Part in the making of (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mdwgmalc/")Xichra's Revenge(/url).

(This message has been edited by MDWGMalc (edited 11-16-2002).)

Thanks!
I tried the strategies mentioned above and they seemed to work very well. However, I still have not beaten the Queen. It is not because of a loophole in the tactics you all provided, but perhaps because of a bug. This is what happened:
I got up into the little cranny in the upper left part of the room, and had modest success in hitting the Queen with Ziridium Seeds (provided by Nimbo). After running myself out of Zir. Seeds, the Queen was flashing; the end was supposedly near. So I turned to my stash of 85 Fire Seeds, and hit her with about six of those before I had a problem. When I tried to throw more seeds, they had no effect! It showed Ferazel's hand thrusting out as if throwing one, but nothing came out. There was, however, an explosion on the other side of the screen, as if a seed had landed there! Naturally, Xichra was unhurt. I am very frustrated, because I think I almost had her!!!
You all were very helpful before; is there an answer out there to this?

------------------
---crecent 182

Ah, you have discovered the demon glitch in Ferazel's Wand. Honestly, it's been so long since I fought Xichra that I don't know if that one is fixed in FW 1.0.3.

But yeah, Xichra is a very challenging, yet not entirely impossible, game boss (the way they ought to be). Keep it up, when you stand over her broken body one day, you will feel perversely good inside. 🙂

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better
(url="http://"http://drtalll.tripod.com")Dr Tall Land(/url)

Yes, unfortunately that glitch is a game ender. It even happens in 1.03.

My special strategy is to use the "V" blade when I've got Zichra down on the ground.
It finishes her off way more quickly. I save my smite rings until the very end - when she's whizzing around really quickly. Five or six of those will finish her off.

(I also try to save all my health potions, rez necklaces and smite rings from the very beginning of the game. I don't think I could do it with only three rez and one health!)

BTW, it took me a couple of years to finally get Zichra killed, so don't feel bad if you can't get her the first time!

Good luck. Have fun.

------------------
Age and treachery will usually overcome youth and enthusiasm.

Try this:
Use the left wall to hide from her weapons while she's flying hidden at the top of the screen, but when she flies down to the middle of the screen, jump down and use the cannons to fling fire seeds at her. I think the "dribbling fire seeds bug" takes effect when you shoot too many fire seeds per level, and since using the cannons is more efficient once you get the hang of it, you'll use less seeds and avoid the bug.

------------------
Come on over to irc.ambrosia.net !
(url="http://"http://ninthkingdom.ferazel.net")OBW: The Ninth Kingdom for Ferazel's Wand coming soon (/url)

Once again, I am grateful for everyone's help.
I finally topped Xichra just last night. During the third, longest stage of the battle, when the sky was a pulsing red, I found it quicker and less risky if I simply stood facing the left wall on top of the cannon when the red things came down. With that method, it took less time to get back into throwing position and I had a little more time to wait for the cannon to be in the right position.
After Xichra's little revelation, however, it was time to get back to that little ledge at the top, or else I would have been toast.
I'm glad I know what that glitch is now. It had me thinking murderous things to my computer. 🙂

------------------
---crecent 182

Originally posted by crecent 182:
< snip!>

Glad to hear you beat her. Now that you're done with the normal levels, visit the add-ons section and try some user made level sets. Or better yet, grab the MASCOT editor and make your own.

------------------
Signature currently in development.

1 more way to beat her. i found out that you can jump high enough to hit her without using the cannons.i can beat her in 3 mins using it.i know u can beat her but just in case 🙂

------------------