[ANN] Still Nameless 1.0 released!

Still Nameless is my wonderful 256x64 tile level, currently with a rating of 100. I might point out that nothing else has such a rating. I'd have posted this ANN sooner, but I've been busy making my next level. We also happened to get a new cat today. Download it and give me your comments! I must need to improve SOMETHING! 😉

------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like grandpa; Not yelling and screaming like the passangers in his car.

Originally posted by Thok:
**Still Nameless is my wonderful 256x64 tile level, currently with a rating of 100. I might point out that nothing else has such a rating. I'd have posted this ANN sooner, but I've been busy making my next level. We also happened to get a new cat today. Download it and give me your comments! I must need to improve SOMETHING!;)

Nice one Thok! I think that with about 99 rez necklaces I might be able to get near the end maybe. The mushrooms are evil though! How about calling it "Spiked Fungus".

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

I can run through the whole thing without dieing or saving, and I'm not god at this game or anything...

Ok, maybe I am.

I guess I didn't add enough save points at that area of the level. That or I'm just more evil then I thought.

------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like grandpa; Not yelling and screaming like the passangers in his car.

There's places I have plenty of problems on this level - not necessarily just the mushrooms - but my question is - is it possible to get 100% on this level the way it is? I've found a secret exit right at the very beginning which I can't get the door open on, and then when I've finished the level the game crashes and I can't start the level over again to see if the barrier has opened somewhere along the way.

------------------
"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way 'we' are." Anais Nin

Ah, that. Yes it is possible to get 100% on everything. That secret exit is (going to be) the way to the secret level that is connected to that level. Both that secret level and the second level will be accesible in version 2.0. Currently that door cannot be opened, so don't bother trying to.

------------------

Originally posted by Thok:
**currently with a rating of 100.

It's good - but not that good - I think there is some bug in the rating thing because I tried to rate it and it told me that someone else at my IP address had already rated it. I haven't and no one else here is likely to want to. So I think that's a false rating.

Interesting. Very interesting. This is (probably) not an error on my part. False rating or not, it says the rating is 100, therefore it is, even though its cruel enough to not-count some votes. If you don't like my opinion, then shoot me. If you shoot me, then you will suffer the dreaded onion and garlic potato chip breath of DOOM.

------------------

Originally posted by Desdemona:
It's good - but not that good - I think there is some bug in the rating thing because I tried to rate it and it told me that someone else at my IP address had already rated it. I haven't and no one else here is likely to want to. So I think that's a false rating.

Hey Zelda do you know what's with this? I tried to rate it too and got back the message "a person from the IP address ( ) has already rated this. I sure as heck haven't, and anyway if you do try to rate something twice it actually gives you the IP address which has been used, whereas this just gave a blank. Is this some kind of bug on the server?

------------------

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**Hey Zelda do you know what's with this? I tried to rate it too and got back the message "a person from the IP address ( ) has already rated this. I sure as heck haven't, and anyway if you do try to rate something twice it actually gives you the IP address which has been used, whereas this just gave a blank. Is this some kind of bug on the server?

It's a bug! It's one of the things that Ambrosia's new intern Mike will be working on this summer. So...until it's fixed, it's safe to say that the ratings are fairly meaningless. I think that when everything is working again, the best thing to do would be to wipe out all the ratings and start over. What do the rest of you think?

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hug your local Pipey.

Originally posted by Zelda:
**It's a bug! It's one of the things that Ambrosia's new intern Mike will be working on this summer. So...until it's fixed, it's safe to say that the ratings are fairly meaningless. I think that when everything is working again, the best thing to do would be to wipe out all the ratings and start over. What do the rest of you think?

---Zelda

Sounds fair to me!

------------------

Fixed. But not.
I fixed the ratings' bugs, there were a couple. The one you were experiencing prevented any more than one vote per file. The new code is yet to be moved onto the actual server though (I don't have to proper priviledges). I would expect things to be working smoothly within a week.

mike

------------------