A very strange phoenomenon...

When i try to run PoG, it promptly quits. No splash screen, no error messages, nothing to indicate any problem. It just quits. I have the demo, and it has been running fine previously. I've tried all the typical "turn the virtual memory off" and "increase cache size" and all to no avail. Any ideas? (Short of downloading it again?)

------------------
Oh ArcAngel Counterstrike, who only recently said "ni!"
Did I say it? The one word that you cannot hear? What is it anyway?

Originally posted by musicman:
**When i try to run PoG, it promptly quits. No splash screen, no error messages, nothing to indicate any problem. It just quits. I have the demo, and it has been running fine previously. I've tried all the typical "turn the virtual memory off" and "increase cache size" and all to no avail. Any ideas? (Short of downloading it again?)

Could it maybe be that that's what it does when you've had the unregistered version too long(like in EV, Cap'n Hector attacks you if you've played too long without paying)? Sure, it sounds nuts, but I've seen it happen before. Although, I am pretty sure I'm worng - ASW doesn't have a history of having games just quit when thier unregistered trial time runs out.
/me runs...

I had the same Problem.

It is a problem with the preferences. Just delete the files in the preferences folder linked to POG each time before launching the app. I think emitgop is the problem. But I haven`t investigated further as I removed all related files (carbonlib prefs, PRG.pog, emitgop). I am using system 9.

But this is a weird problem

Originally posted by -Mouse:

Originally posted by musicman:
**When i try to run PoG, it promptly quits. No splash screen, no error messages, nothing to indicate any problem. It just quits. I have the demo, and it has been running fine previously. I've tried all the typical "turn the virtual memory off" and "increase cache size" and all to no avail. Any ideas? (Short of downloading it again?)

Could it maybe be that that's what it does when you've had the unregistered version too long(like in EV, Cap'n Hector attacks you if you've played too long without paying)? Sure, it sounds nuts, but I've seen it happen before. Although, I am pretty sure I'm worng - ASW doesn't have a history of having games just quit when thier unregistered trial time runs out.
/me runs...**

Perhaps that is the case, but I'm registered. I am still running the demo as I am ::grunt:: awaiting the cd. (Low bandwidth sucks.) So, I really don't have any idea why this is happening

------------------
Oh ArcAngel Counterstrike, who only recently said "ni!"
Did I say it? The one word that you cannot hear? What is it anyway?