Quick,....... a question!

It has been very quiet here lately. I am one of your "newbies". I have asked this question before on HELP but didn't receive a reply. Sometimes when playing Ferazel I don't get the music. It is there when I start or restart, but just sort of stops during the game.

Also I went to play on Sunday, having had a very long break, and I did not have a jump facility. Can't do much ferazlling without a jump facility.

Hope this stimulates your little grey cells. 🆒 (we are having a touch of sunshine here for a change)

------------------
"I think there is a world market for about five computers."
- Thomas J. Watson, founder of IBM

I have discovered your problem:

Your computer and or your FW is screwed up...have a nice day.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**I have discovered your problem:

Your computer and or your FW is screwed up...have a nice day.

Ish..I feel like taking away karma for that answer! But I shall resist.
I know you're trying to being funny. 🙂

As for the music..this happens once in a while to me as well.
My personal feeling is that it's a memory problem but I'm probably
wrong. If it bugs me, I just pause the game and then unpause it and
I have music again. I can't explain WHY it happens. Sorry!

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have every right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

Posted by Zelda:
**Ish..I feel like taking away karma for that answer! But I shall resist.
I know you're trying to being funny. **

Lower my karma? :eek: I was trying to be funny and I was trying to mask the fact that I have no idea what that problem is about, I've never experienced it....and Dr Tall doesn't like not knowing things. 😉

------------------

Originally posted by Zelda:
Ish..I feel like taking away karma for that answer! But I shall resist.
I know you're trying to being funny. 🙂

at least he's got extra karma! :frown: I havn't gotten a single one for all the help i've given out except for the one Zelda gave me A long time ago.

------------------
You have been overriden by Overrider. Prepare to die evil scum! -Me
rookie's smiles:(url="http://"http://www.ezboard.com/help/help_howto_useemoticons.html")Cool Smiles(/url)
(url="http://"http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm")Cooler Smiles(/url)
AIM: Ferazel17

(This message has been edited by Overrider720 (edited 07-25-2001).)

I've given way more than 3 long explanations to people but I've only gotten my karma raised 3 times. It doesn't really bother me since I don't explain things to try and get karma anyway.

------------------

A boohoohoo...boohoohoo... Sucks to be you!!!

🙂

---Zelda

------------------

Hey, if you're in love with someone, then you have every right to completely screw up their life.--cynical me!

You have 2222 posts right now, Zelda. 🆒

------------------

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**You have 2222 posts right now, Zelda.🆒

Your point being...? 🙂

---Zelda

------------------

It's quite possible that if Ferazel is accessing another program to play the music then it might be a slight problem between them. When Zelda mentions that if she pauses the game the music comes back it reminds me of when I use the CD player or SoundJam to play music while playing Mars Rising. The game won't allow either the processor, Finder, or memory to be used by another program at that point (simplifying here, sorry) and when it's paused the other program can then go ahead and switch songs or tracks.

Sounds to me like a compatibility issue between Ferazel and whichever program is being accessed to play the sound (perhaps QT?)

------------------
Look at the stars, that's your life. Look at the dirt, that's your life too. Look to all sides of yourself and see what really isn't your life, but a fantasy dreamt of by others and forced upon you in whole.

10/31/96

As long as we're discussing mysterious problems....when you get an "Out of memory error" at the world selection screen and you know FW is not out of memory, what is really wrong?

------------------

Thanks for the info regarding the music, any ideas about Ferazels missing jump?

------------------
"I think there is a world market for about five computers."
- Thomas J. Watson, founder of IBM

Originally posted by Anonymouse:
**Thanks for the info regarding the music, any ideas about Ferazels missing jump?

Not in the least because I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't normally play Ferazel, I just drop by this forum sometimes.

------------------
Look at the stars, that's your life. Look at the dirt, that's your life too. Look to all sides of yourself and see what really isn't your life, but a fantasy dreamt of by others and forced upon you in whole.

10/31/96

Originally posted by forge:

Sounds to me like a compatibility issue between Ferazel and whichever program is being accessed to play the sound (perhaps QT?)

forge has probably hit on the problem. QT has had issues with the iMac as I have found out the hard way. Make sure you have the lastest update of QT...because some of the earlier ones caused some sound problems with programs and with the audio CD.

---Zelda

------------------

Another (unrelated) question. (I can't register so I can't start topics... gr!)

In the .pdf documentation there's a list of all implements, potions etc. I am to Ends of the Earth now and I have never seen a mist potion, an axe, a hammer, or a vorpal dirk. Do any of these actually exist in the game somewhere?

Also, just as a curiosity for you guys - When I first played FW, and was still playing version 1.02, I got to Eastern Reaches and instead of finding the statue spell, I found an ice pick. Just sitting there in the chair-thing. Weird, huh? Which reminds me - in one or two places in the game there are empty spell-holders. Are these just for decoration, or what?

Originally posted by Simone:
**Another (unrelated) question. (I can't register so I can't start topics... gr!)

In the .pdf documentation there's a list of all implements, potions etc. I am to Ends of the Earth now and I have never seen a mist potion, an axe, a hammer, or a vorpal dirk. Do any of these actually exist in the game somewhere?**

All those things are never found in the game. Although, the Mist potion and Vorpal dirk do work, they are never found in the game. I guess Ben took out a lot of things out at the last minute.

Originally posted by Simone:
Also, just as a curiosity for you guys - When I first played FW, and was still playing version 1.02, I got to Eastern Reaches and instead of finding the statue spell, I found an ice pick. Just sitting there in the chair-thing. Weird, huh? Which reminds me - in one or two places in the game there are empty spell-holders. Are these just for decoration, or what?

That has never happened to me. The statue spell did vanish for me, but, it was not replaced by an Ice pick. You should get the 1.0.3 update.

------------------
"Ice, ice, baby! It looks cold in that cavern! I'd freeze my wings off if I were there. Those snow-covered boulders look scrumptious."- Hector D. Byrd

(This message has been edited by Ice (edited 08-05-2001).)

I've got it... like I said, I "was" still playing 1.0.2

I don't know if it's right but wouldn't the music problem cease under mac osX? Is anyone running FW under X? If so, does it solve that hitch?

------------------

Umm, who wanna raise my karma here?

:eek:

Anyway, here's my opoinion:

I have an ooooooooooooooooooooold G3/233MHz and Ferazel works like a charm on it; I gave the game 40000Kb and I never experience sound dropouts. As I think it is directly related to QuickTime, make sure that you have at least 4.0.

- iAussie

------------------

Posted by Aussie:
Umm, who wanna raise my karma here?

Is that the most intelligent question you can come up with?

------------------