A tiny question...

My uncle is a big-time D&D; player and had made monsters ect. and I'm wonding if I should ask him to make all the stats nd stuff for habnabits in D&D.; I think this would be really cool. Should I ask him to make habnabits in D&D; or not?

what's D&D;?

------------------
moderaters rule!!!!
and pc's are insignificant others!!!

Originally posted by floop:
**what's D &D;?

D&D; means Dungeons and Dragons™ which is a huge RPG concept.

For Thok´s question:
Why not?

------------------
"Let´s not bicker and argue about who killed who.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion."

Isn't D&D; that thing where all those kids got totally obssessed and I mean clinically obsessed with playing the game?

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**Isn't D &D; that thing where all those kids got totally obssessed and I mean clinically obsessed with playing the game?

To put it bluntly, yep.

Forgive me, but why would you want to play a game like that?

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

It's all about stimulus-response. This is why kids got hooked on Pokemon. You fight evil; when you do something correctly, you are rewarded, which encourages you to repeat the action to reproduce the result. Pokemon doesn't have a resolution and just forces you to fight insipid creatures forever; D&D; at least causes you to reach something after a string of S-R actions.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**Forgive me, but why would you want to play a game like that?

Well..if people get obsessed..obviously it's fun!! And it is. It's a game. A game where you use your imagination. It's not of the devil or any other such thing. Those assertions are simply absurd. You become a character and react to situations that are made for you. It's a like a story where you become one of the characters. Obviously this sort of thing won't appeal to everyone, but you can't be surprised that it appeals to some of us.

My only concern about using a habnabit in a game is the copyright thing. I'm not sure how that works, but there have been a great many fights and lawsuits over who has rights to which races.

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

Yes. I have heard a lawsuit was filed when D&D; used Hobbit instead of Halfling. :rolleyes:

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " Is this ViaVoiceian?