Ferazel 2 in some form or another

This is from another topic, but I decided to move it here so that one doesn't go off topic 🙂

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
If anyone wanted to work on a great open source Platform Scrolling game with support for plugins that could change the physics, animation, etc, I'd probably help.
::looks at Merciless::

What're ya looking at me fer? 😉 Seriously though, work on my game is going well now (seeing as how I'm on a four month summer at the moment), but, I would prefer to keep it closed source for various reasons.

However , I would consider making it highly - or at least somewhat - expandable (level editor included, of course) with support for some sort of plug-in architecture. I have some ideas tossing around in my head right now of how to deal with this, but here is where you come in! What features in terms of plug-in ability would you want to see? What sort of features do you want? Although I won't act on this information directly right away, it will make creating the plug-in setup easier since I can start coding the stuff I'll be adding from now on to support it (and go back to change appropriate things that have already been added). Also, in terms of features, what would you want to see in the game itself? What did you like about Ferazel? What didn't you like and how would have have rather seen it implimented (if at all)? I already have most of my game's details fleshed out, but getting feedback from the people who will possibly be playing it would benefit both you and me. (Are you still interested in my endeavour, Zelda? :))

So...fire away!

------------------
-- Jeff
"All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows." -Merciless

Originally posted by Merciless:
**(Are you still interested in my endeavour, Zelda?:) )

Are you kidding? Me who follows you all around from bar to bar and won't let you be? I think you're on to a rather good idea. I'm watching and interested. 🙂

---Zelda

------------------
I am your Fairy Godmoderator.

All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless