A Question about Moderators

Let me first say, I do not write this message to be rude in any way.

Can the people of the webboard elect or support, someone to become a moderator?

I have no idea who David Dunham is. I have not seen him post recently. Since I can't search messages :frown: I have no prove. Also, it seems he is the moderator of lots of boards. I would recommend several other people for the role of moderator. Again, I don't mean to be rude, however...

(This message has been edited by Emperor Ent (edited 04-19-2001).)

I am not a moderator (duh) but I can answer some of those questions. David Dunham is one of Ambrosia's staff (I'd say executive but they only have like 10 people) and I think he and Andrew are like the highest up and since Andrew is the administrator he's a moderator everywhere but David is a moderator everywhere, not an administrator for some reason. He doesn't visit the boards often...er ever... Yes the people of a webboard can support someone to become one but only the administrator (Andrew) can make someone a moderator. It would most likely be a moderator who would recommend you to being a moderator. There's probably no one who would mind being a moderator, myself included 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

(This message has been edited by Dr Tall (edited 04-19-2001).)

David Dunham is the tech support person at Ambrosia. He replaces Ben Spees, who is the game developer of Ferazel. His addition as moderator is merely token at best. I agree that he probably rarely, if ever visits these boards. It's not a huge deal, moderating the Ferazel boards isn't terribly taxing and I think Will and I do fine on our own. But I feel it's sad that the game developer is not allowed access to the boards. My opinion only though.

---Zelda

------------------
All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows--Merciless

Originally posted by Zelda:
**I think Will and I do fine on our own.

Will being spamguy? i barley ever see him around here but when I do he's always helping out. I'd be glad to be a moderator if you want 🙂 :rolleyes:

------------------
All quite on the western front.
But not for long...
LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Originally posted by Overrider720:
**Will being spamguy? i barley ever see him around here but when I do he's always helping out. I'd be glad to be a moderator if you want:) :rolleyes:

Yeah..Will's spamguy. That's sort of weird, I don't think I've ever called him "Will." Even in mail I call him "spamguy." 🙂 I must have been tired.

---Zelda

------------------

Well, if they were choosing a new moderator they might go for someone with more experience than you (ie: me) 😄 (Shhh! Don't tell them about the people who have been here a lot longer than I 😉 )

------------------

well if anybody I think Monsterlady should be a moderator and merciless would be a good choice too

------------------
But not for long...

Aschaaf should be a moderator, I think.

------------------
Quote ViaVoice, "Hal Cohen help build Satam sand scratch a flat surface scratches that some scratch that scratches that scratch facts scratcher wraked this scratched tax costs tax this. " 😕 Is this ViaVoiceian?

I was going to reccommend MonsterLady, Merciliess, and Aschaaf. They all do a tremendous amount for the Ferazel Community. Also, their greatness has been regonized in the past, look at their karma, they have some! And MonsterLady is on her way to becoming the first blessed non-moderator. Can we have some say in are moderators? Zelda and spamguy are doing a great job, mind you. But could we elect a replacement for Mr. Dunham? Could a current moderator pass the word to those in power?

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

(This message has been edited by Emperor Ent (edited 04-20-2001).)

Originally posted by Overrider720:
**well if anybody I think Monsterlady should be a moderator and merciless would be a good choice too

You and I think alike. I've said as much very loudly.

---Zelda

------------------

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**I was going to reccommend MonsterLady, Merciliess, and Aschaaf. They all do a tremendous amount for the Ferazel Community. Also, their greatness has been regonized in the past, look at their karma, they have some! And MonsterLady is on her way to becoming the first blessed non-moderator. Can we have some say in are moderators? Zelda and spamguy are doing a great job, mind you. But could we elect a replacement for Mr. Dunham? Could a current moderator pass the word to those in power?

You're right...all three are very good choices. But when it comes down to it, I think Ben should have remained a moderator. Call me an idealist. But I should point out that Andrew makes the decisions about moderators. I have no influence. 🙂

---Zelda

------------------

I agree with Zelda, Ben should have stayed a moderator. And as far as replacing David Dunham, I think that Monsterlady and aschaaf_86 make good choices as well. I don't see much of merciless so I have no comment him.

------------------

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**And MonsterLady is on her way to becoming the first blessed non-moderator.

Actually Emporer Ent, OctoberFost is one his way to becoming the first blessed non-moderator he's got 8 but then monsterlady is close too.

How many points do you need to be blessed?10?9?

------------------
But not for long...

Originally posted by Dr Tall:
**I don't see much of merciless so I have no comment him.

/me raises his hand.

I'm right here! 🙂

------------------
-- Jeff
"All I know is that wherever Ben goes, great software follows." -Merciless

(This message has been edited by Merciless (edited 04-21-2001).)

Originally posted by Merciless:
**/me raises his hand.

I'm right here! 🙂

And extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I've always appreciated your input.

---Zelda

------------------

------------------
mikeeJ | Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy | zergess@yahoo.com
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus

Who the heck is that guy that just posted?! I've never seen him around! Look at his number of posts!?

------------------

First: I'd like to say how honoured I am that my name has been suggested as a moderator (not that the position is officially up for review).
But I'm not qualified and certainly don't have the time. (I think Zelda has just been too nice by upping my Karma occassionally to make me seem like a nicer person than I really am.)

My vote would go to either Merciless, who has been here far longer than me (and is a fellow canuck), or to Ashaaf, who, despite his tender years, has a major influence on the FW board, especially over on the hacking board.

Second: While most of us have "member" (or "moderator") noted under our log in names, I see that Soviet Mikee has something completely different. I wanna be different too! (Not that I know 'what' - just different!)

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
First: I'd like to say how honoured I am that my name has been suggested as a moderator (not that the position is officially up for review).
But I'm not qualified and certainly don't have the time. (I think Zelda has just been too nice by upping my Karma occassionally to make me seem like a nicer person than I really am.)

Too bad. I disagree. You're generally right there for people when they need help which makes your contributions pretty darn valuable around here. And of course, since I shall be locking this topic right after I post this, (I know..rather underhanded of me) you can't nay say me. Ha!

But I don't believe Andrew has any plans to add a moderator here and as was said before, he generally makes those decisions. So..I shall also be locking THIS topic since it's probably not something we need to debate further. Gosh, so much moderating today..I think I need a nap. 😉

---Zelda

------------------

Originally posted by Zelda:
**...moderating the Ferazel boards isn't terribly taxing and I think Will and I do fine on our own.

Hmmm, you're right, you've never called me by my real name before. No one has on UBB to any other given member; reality is taboo, I guess.

Since we're at this point, both Will and spamguy and "Hey, you, stupid" are things I respond to. 😉

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!