Storm Valley

I'm surprised that no one else is posting about difficulties on this level. I can get all the way through, mostly by brute force, but I'd like to get to some of the goodies. Am I missing something that will make it easier (read "possible") for me to jump into the wind? Timing doesn't help, the power jump thingie gets me up part way, but I'm not making enough headway to get to the upper level before it expires. Can't seem to get a foot from shore, literally! Hints, anyone?

Lynzy

------------------

Originally posted by LynzyIdaho:
**I'm surprised that no one else is posting about difficulties on this level. I can get all the way through, mostly by brute force, but I'd like to get to some of the goodies. Am I missing something that will make it easier (read "possible") for me to jump into the wind? Timing doesn't help, the power jump thingie gets me up part way, but I'm not making enough headway to get to the upper level before it expires. Can't seem to get a foot from shore, literally! Hints, anyone?

Lynzy

The jump powerup is useful for getting some items that are up and behind where you get the powerup. That should be easy enough to get - just jump up with the wind. You're right - doesn't last long enough for the other area, but you can do it without it.

The other secrets - you can climb those steps in the middle, but you have to time it just right. Use your shift key to "run" right, then jump. It is all timing. Once you get to the top, go left for some goodies, then right for some more. If you get frustrated trying to get the rez necklace to the far right use the treetrunk spell to climb up and avoid the springs. Takes a while to figure out where to build the trunk, but it can be done.

Just leap over the armadillos. You can kill them later with the fireseeds you get in the second ice level.

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Once you get to the top, go left for some goodies, then right for some more. If you get frustrated trying to get the rez necklace to the far right use the treetrunk spell to climb up and avoid the springs. Takes a while to figure out where to build the trunk, but it can be done.

I'm thinking I'll need the ice platform for the creatures on the right. I've tried the tree, and I get closer by jumping anyway.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."