Parched Earth

I need help with Parched Earth. What are people's strategies for beating it under 5 minutes? Also, help with The Labyrinth would be nice, but I think I'll get it one of these days.

------------------
Remember, this conversation never took place.

Originally posted by Eldar:
**What are people's strategies for beating it under 5 minutes?

Just keep trying.
Also, learn the timing of the cannons...

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Or...you could send it to me or FriendlyGuy and we can do it for you 😄

But seriously, it's a great feeling when you finally finish the level, so I'd say keep trying, and like aschaff said, learn the timing of the cannons.

The only problem with that is the timing doesn't work for everyone. If you look through older posts on the board about Parched Earth, there are many techniques for learning the cannons. Some work for some people, others work for other people. I guess you'll have to pick and choose what works for you 🙂

------------------
-- Jeff
"This is a teaching hospital, you're here to learn. We'd call it a learning hospital, but that would scare the patients."

The way I did it is:

I went all the way as far as possible until I got the the rotating cannons. I then dropped down into the pit and built a tree all the way up to the edge on the left. I then jumped and ran all the way to the end. I did it with about 1.5 minutes to spare. Took me about three trys to get it right.

------------------

"No joke Scotty, now beam down my clothes!"

I just beat it, using tips from the archives of old topics. Matt, your strategy is ok, but it's really hard to build a tree that high. What got me through it was this strategy: at the rotating cannons, when a non-rotating cannon gets to the highest point, Ferazel can go from one non-rotating cannon to another, avoiding the rotating ones. The rest was pretty easy. I beat it with 1:30 to spare. By the way, this is the 8th day I've had the game, if I haven't told you already. I should be beating Xichra in a week or two. 🙂

------------------

Originally posted by Eldar:
**I should be beating Xichra in a week or two.:)

I doubt it.
She's REALLY hard.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Hasn't even gotten to the fire levels yet....

------------------

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**I doubt it.
She's REALLY hard.

I was just kidding. But you never know...

------------------