Other games recommendations

As much as I enjoy playing Ferazel's Wand on my PB, I'm looking for other games that I can play when the frustration level gets too high. (While waiting for the ferry, or an airplane, or alone at night in my hotel room...I travel a lot!) Thought I'd ask for some recommendations from this board. In the past I've played mostly arcade style games - (Bubble Trouble, etc.) and Ferazel's wand is about the most complex I've gotten.
What I'm mainly looking for are games that don't require "mousing" - the pad on my PB is okay, but I'm much more dextrous using the keyboard.
Any recommendations?
TIA
; )

------------------

If your thinking of Ambrosia Games, I would say Escape Velocity. That's a great game that I had for as long as it's been out. I love that game! 😄 😄 😄 Or you could play Mars Rising. That game rocks! For non-Ambrosia products, I recommend Blackthorne, MDK, or Dark Forces. Those games were cool even if they weren't made by Ambrosia. (I'm not brown-nosing)

------------------
Have the lambs stopped screaming yet?

You mean..you haven't tried Harry the Handsome Executive? 🙂 A must! Harry's a side scroller that you can use your keyboard to play.

---Zelda

------------------
I'd rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, we get to wear cuter clothes, and we're the first to be rescued off sinking ships.

You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Originally posted by Zelda:
**You mean..you haven't tried Harry the Handsome Executive?:) A must! Harry's a side scroller that you can use your keyboard to play.

---Zelda

Thanks Zelda & Smasher.

Tried all the Ambrosia games you suggested (they were on my Ferazel CD).

Harry was a blast - but how do you escape the mailcarts?

Smasher - I've got Dark Forces upstairs in my "archives" (inherited from a relative who went over to the "Dark Side" and gave me all his Mac games) and will give it a try out.

What better to do on a holiday Monday than play computer games??? (Oh, I guess I could clean up the house and that sort of stuff, but really, who wants to?)

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**Thanks Zelda & Smasher.

Tried all the Ambrosia games you suggested (they were on my Ferazel CD).

Harry was a blast - but how do you escape the mailcarts?

Let's just say that those plastic plants have MORE than one use.

---Zelda

------------------
I'd rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, we get to wear cuter clothes, and we're the first to be rescued off sinking ships.

You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Originally posted by Zelda:
**You mean..you haven't tried Harry the Handsome Executive?:) A must! Harry's a side scroller that you can use your keyboard to play.

---Zelda

Your right, Harry rocks! The only problem is that I beat it too quickly. 🙂 I registered it almost immedatly after I downloaded it!

------------------
Hey man, what's with that 'thing'?

If you want a fun, relaxing, nice and easy game, Try Nethack.

(url="http://"http://www.skoardy.demon.co.uk")http://www.skoardy.demon.co.uk(/url)

Look under the links.

After your first twenty or so characters die, you'll be able to just relax and enjoy watching that floating eye trap you while that black pudding pulverises you (or the mindflayer eat your brains).

How many ways can you die?
Gotta Die Them All!

😄

---
All Power Corrupts... But we need electricity

------------------
"Someone seems to have sent a hired assasin-"
"Not killed anyone yet!" cried the Goon defensively.

have you tried pure sex on those rainy days or days of being lost???

just a thought !!

but one game my wife was infactuated with until ferazel's wand was a
game call tomb raider, alas this is a hybrid game to mac and second rates a pc version in time out put.

have found a number of games that make the enjoyment levels rise through ambrosia so give them your number and they should reply..

ports

------------------

Originally posted by ports:
**have you tried pure sex on those rainy days or days of being lost???

As opposed to.... impure sex?
Sorry - couldn't resist.

Actually I found a game about my level of skill (low) - Nanosaur - but made by another software company. Not quite as much fun as Ferazel's Wand, and no way to save a game (as far as I can tell) but pretty neat graphics. Being new to this gaming stuff I'm sure there's tons of cool stuff out there. Just have to keep trying out all the "non-productivity" software.

------------------

(QUOTE)Originally posted by MonsterLady:
(B)As much as I enjoy playing Ferazel's Wand on my PB, I'm looking for other games that I can play when the frustration level gets too high. (While waiting
(QUOTE)Originally posted by MonsterLady:
(B)As much as I enjoy playing Ferazel's Wand on my PB, I'm looking for other games that I can play when the frustration level gets too high.

I really liked Pangeasoft's Bugdom, and it can be played using the keyboard, but the creators recommend using the mouse. I never tried playing it using the keyboard so I can't comment on this.

Cathy

------------------

Originally posted by cats:
I really liked Pangeasoft's Bugdom, and it can be played using the keyboard, but the creators recommend using the mouse. I never tried playing it using the keyboard so I can't comment on this.

Bugdom is very fun, and I've never played it with anything but the keyboard. It's similar to Nanosaur in goal (i.e. you run around trying to find all of a particular kind of thing) but I liked it better. Downside is that the demo only has one level, so to really get into the game, you sort of need to cough up the change for the full version.

------------------
The (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url) (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

Yes I also recommend Bugdom. I play with a keyboard all the time, never the mouse. Its as addictive as Ferazel's Wand. 😄

------------------

Try Monkey Shines from Fantasoft. Works well just using the keys on a powerbook.

Only needs left, right, and jump.

Originally posted by RockyRoad:
**Try Monkey Shines from Fantasoft. Works well just using the keys on a powerbook.

Only needs left, right, and jump.**

Monkey Shines was a great recommendation - I am addicted. Fantasoft is coming out with MS 2 sometime before Christmas.

If only a new Ferazel were in the works.

Cathy

------------------

MacMAME is fun.

------------------
Andrew Schaaf
CEO of (url="http://"http://www.frontiernet.net/~pschaaf/imrom")IMROM Software(/url)
-------------------------
May the schwartz be with you!

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 10-04-2000).)

WOOHOO!! Bugdom was damn fun. Nanosaur is fun, but the only difficult part is not knowing where to go. (I drew out a map of where I had been after playing awhile) 😃 The only level where I didn't find everything was the night one, that one was kinda hard. Another fun game is Ares, but get into Escape Velocity, it is the best. Or Warcraft 2. 😃 <------gotta have a good mouse for that one though.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

Originally posted by theKestrel:
**Or Warcraft 2. 😃 <------gotta have a good mouse for that one though.

Kestrel - Part of my original request was for "keyboard" operation - playing on my PB and don't want to have a bunch of aux equip in my carrying case.

Thanks to everyone for responding - I think I've got enough recommendations to fill up all my "non-productive" time!

------------------
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

I know, hence me telling you that it needed a mouse. I just thought I would tell you about a kickass game. 😉 Oh, and Mars Rising is quite fun.

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans.