Manditraki Wizard

Hi. Any suggestions on how to kill the wizard? I've tried fire seeds, but they just roll away and I usually end up jumping on them trying to avoid the Wizard. I've tried moving next to the Wizard so the boulders drop on him (Her?) Even tried the statue spell. (Nada) Anything actually work better? Even with a Res necklace I'm dead. Help!!

(Not looking forward to finishing this level really - have to go back to Parched Earth and face the clock. Gave up there - is there something on the other side that would help with the Wizard?)

------------------

The idea with the wizard is to try to stay directly above him on the platforms, because the fireballs don't hit you there. As for killing him, you have the right idea--you have to get the boulders he tries to drop on you to drop on him instead! This can be tricky, but eventually you'll get it. Good luck!

------------------

(This message has been edited by Rilla (edited 05-18-2000).)

Rilla pretty much covered it, but I would like to add that your spells and goodies have no effect what so ever on him. If you still have trouble, you can email me your saved game and I can play it for you keeping all your items. Then I'll email it back, no problem. If you want, I can beat Parched Earth for you too. Good luck!

-Cal 😄

------------------
Calvin Crane
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong!"

Originally posted by JJimWWhite:
**Rilla pretty much covered it, but I would like to add that your spells and goodies have no effect what so ever on him. If you still have trouble, you can email me your saved game and I can play it for you keeping all your items. Then I'll email it back, no problem. If you want, I can beat Parched Earth for you too. Good luck!

-Cal 😄

Thanks. Went back to the Labyrinth (using a saved game because I couldn't leave the level) and got another Res Necklace. That (with the one from Purple Haze) saw me through. Then I went back to the Labyrinth to try to get the rest of the secrets & goodies. Now I've got another problem - I've discovered Dimbo but all he'll say is "Dimbo no talk to strangers". Is there supposed to be more than this? Thanks.

------------------

You have to talk to Nimbo first, so Ferazel can introduce himself and tell him Nimbo sent him. Then Dimbo will talk to you and run back to Nimbo's house. Then you can max out fire/zir seeds. Good luck with the rest of your game!

-Cal 😄

------------------
Calvin Crane

Originally posted by JJimWWhite:
You have to talk to Nimbo first, so Ferazel can introduce himself and tell him Nimbo sent him. Then Dimbo will talk to you and run back to Nimbo's house. Then you can max out fire/zir seeds. Good luck with the rest of your game!

-Cal 😄

But I've already talked to Nimbo - AND gave him back his money. Do I have to visit again??

------------------

Originally posted by MonsterLady:
**But I've already talked to Nimbo - AND gave him back his money. Do I have to visit again??

Yeah. Unfortunately, this is a bug. If you took Nimbo's stash, the trigger that allows Dimbo to recognize you won't work unless you talk to Nimbo a second time. You have to have that second conversation even though after you give him the money he asks you at that time to help him find his brother. You leave thinking everything is fine. But if you go back, Nimbo will act as if he doesn't know you either.

The solution is that you have to talk to Nimbo again and get the whole "My poor brother, help me find him," conversation. That sets off the trigger. If you know about it before hand, all you have to do is walk away from Nimbo after you give him the money and then approach him again. It's not so fun to find out about it after you've already found Dimbo for the first time. I hated Labyrinth for a long time and would NOT have wanted to go back. I feel your pain! But I hope this helps.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

I know someone has a map of the Labyrinth somewhere, so that may help. In any case, rescuing Dimbo does you exactly no good until you get to the Ends of the Earth, so you can take a little break from the Labyrinth if you want!

------------------

Thanks to all for your help :D. Now onward to Parched Earth (yikes).

------------------

There is and excellent map of the labyrinth at Elizabeth's site. The URL is:
(url="http://"http://www.employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel/")http://www.employees...~ereid/ferazel/(/url)

That is for if you ever need it. As for the help, no problem!! 🙂

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane

Question about the Wizard Level. If you cast a bunch of tree spells you can climb them to get to some ledges. They don't count as secrets apparently and there is nothing there. What are they for?

------------------
"Someone seems to have sent a hired assasin-"
"Not killed anyone yet!" cried the Goon defensively.

Hey I thought I was the only on who knew about those... Anyway, for some reason, even after I searched every inch of the level, when I exit it always says: Xichrons Collected: 0%. Is this a bug?

Originally posted by Dr.Stevio:
Hey I thought I was the only on who knew about those... Anyway, for some reason, even after I searched every inch of the level, when I exit it always says: Xichrons Collected: 0%. Is this a bug?

Yep. You have the update? It should be fixed in the update.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

Yeah, if you mean 1.0.3 I have it.

Whoops! Never mind, it fixed itself when I was playing Ferazel over again.