Multicrystals and a spoiler request

Whenever I get a multicrystal, I break it almost immediately. Does anyone have a solution? Also I found an area with a number of multicrystals and I have three choices (if I can keep some of them intact): take them into Storm Valley or take them into If you Can't Stand the Heat or leave them alone until a later level. Are there some levels that are better than others for using the crystals?

Spoiler Request*****
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
---------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

Okay, I know that there is a red xichron in Parched Earth but even with directions from some prior posts, I can't find it. Can someone give me detailed instructions?

Thanks,

Javajoe

------------------

Originally posted by Javajoe:
Whenever I get a multicrystal, I break it almost immediately. Does anyone have a solution?

Well, there is no way to keep the multicrystals...well, actually, there is, but it deals with patching the game, and cheating and so forth, and I'm sure that's not what you want to do 🙂

Okay, I know that there is a red xichron in Parched Earth but even with directions from some prior posts, I can't find it. Can someone give me detailed instructions?**

SPOILER!!!! I guess the easiest way to find it is look for the row of floating spike balls that just move up and down over and over again. The first ones have enough room for you to stand between them (well, so do the second ones, but these ones give you more room). To the very right of these balls (just before them), you can see the wall goes up out of the screen. Jump up onto that wall and climb up. You should pass some more spiked balls (2 I believe) and voila! Red Xicrhon!

------------------
-- Jeff

Originally posted by Merciless:
**SPOILER!!!! I guess the easiest way to find it is look for the row of floating spike balls that just move up and down over and over again. The first ones have enough room for you to stand between them (well, so do the second ones, but these ones give you more room). To the very right of these balls (just before them), you can see the wall goes up out of the screen. Jump up onto that wall and climb up. You should pass some more spiked balls (2 I believe) and voila! Red Xicrhon!

Thanks, I finally got it. I had tried to get up that wall before, but I had a harder time. Now that I knew what was up there it made it easier.

I still don't understand why they have multicrystals if they always break before you can use them. I can deal with the general frustration of doing things over and over (most of the time), but I don't get the purpose of that one.

And you're right, I'd rather do this without cheating. Thanks again.

--Care

------------------

Well, they only break when you get hit by something (or step on spikes, etc.) so I guess you just have to be more careful 🙂 The first time I got a multi-crystal, I was wondering why it broke too. Actually, I had no clue what it was because by the time I got hit with something, I hadn't shot to see that it doubled my fire power. Ah well, now I know better 😛

------------------
-- Jeff

Each multi-crystal doubles your fire power. So it makes sense that you can't hang on to it for long. You just have to figure out how to make it work for you in the short amount of time that you have it.If you take a hit...you usually lose it. So it's a short-term benefit. Like a power-up.

---Zelda, Look! I'm posting!!

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 05-29-2000).)

Originally posted by Merciless:
**SPOILER!!!! I guess the easiest way to find it is look for the row of floating spike balls that just move up and down over and over again. The first ones have enough room for you to stand between them (well, so do the second ones, but these ones give you more room). To the very right of these balls (just before them), you can see the wall goes up out of the screen. Jump up onto that wall and climb up. You should pass some more spiked balls (2 I believe) and voila! Red Xicrhon!

Thanks, I finally got it. I had tried to get up that wall before, but I had a harder time. Now that I knew what was up there it made it easier.

I still don't understand why they have multicrystals if they always break before you can use them. I can deal with the general frustration of doing things over and over (most of the time), but I don't get the purpose of that one.

And you're right, I'd rather do this without cheating. Thanks again.

--Care

------------------

My strategy for multicrystals is to leave them all behind and collect them before I attack Xichra. From my unpleasant experience with a Mandatraki Wizard I REALLY hope Xichra's not immune to my magic. But even so, I've always wanted to have 20 multicrystals.