Bug with tree trunk & ice wall spells

I've have this happen a few times before in the Labyrinth, Flash Freeze, and I think some other places. But now it's happening a lot in Iceconoclasm. I'll use either the tree trunk spell or the ice wall spell for a while and all of a sudden the game will only choose the dagger. All of a sudden most of my spells can't be accessed except for fire seeds and the dagger or the ice pick. I have to quit the game and start from my last saved spot. I'm using the update and I haven't seen this problem mentioned on the board before. Has anyone else had this problem and is a there a fix?

In looking on the board for this I noticed someone else mentioned a problem that I had in the Labyrinth. There is an area where you get teleported to that has a cannon. Sometimes after going into the cannon a few times, the teleporter disappears and can't be found. Once again it's time to quit the game and start from the last saved spot. Just thought I'd let you know that this is still a problem.

Care

------------------

Originally posted by Javajoe:
**I've have this happen a few times before in the Labyrinth, Flash Freeze, and I think some other places. But now it's happening a lot in Iceconoclasm. I'll use either the tree trunk spell or the ice wall spell for a while and all of a sudden the game will only choose the dagger. All of a sudden most of my spells can't be accessed except for fire seeds and the dagger or the ice pick. I have to quit the game and start from my last saved spot. I'm using the update and I haven't seen this problem mentioned on the board before. Has anyone else had this problem and is a there a fix?

Um, this is probably a stupid question, but are you sure you're not just running out of magic power? If not, maybe for some reason the game thinks you're out of magic power because what you're describing is exactly what happens if you are out of magic power.

-Elizabeth

------------------
The (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url) (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

Originally posted by Ereid:
**Um, this is probably a stupid question, but are you sure you're not just running out of magic power? If not, maybe for some reason the game thinks you're out of magic power because what you're describing is exactly what happens if you are out of magic power.

-Elizabeth

Elizabeth -

This is not a stupid question. My answer is "DOH!". I so rarely run out of magic power (health is usually my problem) that I didn't even look—playing at 1 AM doesn't help the brain cells much. I'm sure that's what happened. Do I feel just a little foolish? Thanks for the reply.

Care

------------------

(url)www.ferazel.com(/Ferazel)

(url)www.ferazel.com(/Ferazel)

(url="http://"http://www.ferazel.com")Ferazel's Wand(/url)

see i can babble too

Get out of this webboard, October!

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong!"

I'm sorry. I'm an idiot. And I suck.

Is quill an alias for Octoberfest? I'll take note 😉
I agree with the magic problem but your other problem, does the cannon keep loading and blasting? If you shoot a lot of magic into the cannon it pulls back real far and can load anything. In the demo, I got the cannon in the end of Obfustication.. to load and fire; the injured Habnabit, a dead habnabit AND something else and since they don't move from where the cannon shot, they kept getting loaded and fired. Don't fire magic into cannons when you have multicrystals and BE CAREFUL with cannons near teleporters and save pedestals.
Also where do you get Ice wall? Is it one of the spells excluded in later versions like Ice Shards(not crsytals), Sand Storm, Energy Bolt, Density Ball? Or does my problem have something to do with the bug where the spell scroll permanetely dissappears if you save and reload on that same level before you get it?

------------------
"Its my Duty to please that booty." --Shaft

(This message has been edited by TIE (edited 06-24-2000).)

Originally posted by TIE:
**Also where do you get Ice wall? Is it one of the spells excluded in later versions like Ice Shards(not crsytals), Sand Storm, Energy Bolt, Density Ball? Or does my problem have something to do with the bug where the spell scroll permanetely dissappears if you save and reload on that same level before you get it?

Ice Wall is in Iceconoclasm at the top right of the first section of the level (before the 2 ice walls that require a little "smashy smashy" with the Ice Pick :))

This was the Ice Crystals spell in 1.0.2 but since Ben released 1.0.3 a while back, the problem has been solved - the spell is now Ice Wall as it's supposed to be.

So, just go up and right as far as you can go from the beginning of the level, and follow the passageways from there to get Ice Wall.

------------------
-- Jeff

**Is quill an alias for Octoberfest? I'll take note;)

I asked him. He said it wasn't. Since he's always admitted it when asked before, I'll believe him. Besides, the IPs are weird.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

Yeah, I've read a lot more and decided to download 1.0.3. Does it stop the seed seller from giving me 20 escape rings instead of 20 seeds or refusing to sell me 5?
"See I can babble too" seems to imply a history of being a jerk on the boards.

------------------
"Its my Duty to please that booty." --Shaft

**Yeah, I've read a lot more and decided to download 1.0.3. Does it stop the seed seller from giving me 20 escape rings instead of 20 seeds or refusing to sell me 5?

Yes, it fixes that bug, too.

Cathy

------------------

**Yeah, I've read a lot more and decided to download 1.0.3. Does it stop the seed seller from giving me 20 escape rings instead of 20 seeds or refusing to sell me 5?

Yep, so before you download 1.03, make sure to take full advantage of that bug.

Interestingly enough, the babbler seems to have disappeared. Never posted on any other board other than this one. At least, not using that name. 😉

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.