Ob + Ed

Hello, again. You know the part in the level where the acid is and you can get to purple haze? I can see a room with a door. This is the place with a rez necklace in the demo. Can anyone tell me how to get there? I've been trying for hours.

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong!"

In the demo there is a rez necklace there because they did not have the Purple Haze level. If you go to the other doorway to get to Purple Haze -- the secret door where the Habnabit tomb stone is in the middle of the purple pool -- you will enter the doorway you are asking about and then have to climb down to end the level.

I hope I haven't made this too confusing for you! 🙂

Nif

------------------

Thanks, Nif. Another question: I can only get 76% enemies. Any more you think I might have missed? Thanks a lot.

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane

Originally posted by JJimWWhite:
**Thanks, Nif. Another question: I can only get 76% enemies. Any more you think I might have missed? Thanks a lot.

-Cal

Well...there's all those monster makers in this level. So it's pretty much impossible to get 100%. They make a never ending supply of various monsters.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

I also only get 76% of the enemies. :mad: I agree with Zelda about it being due to the monster-makers. I hate those machines! 😉

Nif

------------------

That had better be fixed in the next update, or I'm going to be mad!! :mad: Oh, well, I'll just have to wait. :frown: (Hint, Ben, Hint...)

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane

Originally posted by JJimWWhite:
**That had better be fixed in the next update, or I'm going to be mad!!:mad: Oh, well, I'll just have to wait. :frown: (Hint, Ben, Hint...)

-Cal

See, the problem is that it isn't a bug. It's supposed to work that way. It's not really important for you to get 100% of the enemies. There's no bonus, and you know you're not missing anything important.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

I STILL think you should be able to get 100%, just for the satisfactory of it. 😉 Even still, I guess there really isn't much to get out of it.

-Cal

------------------
Calvin Crane
"I'm not always right, but
I'm never wrong"

I am confused, explain to me specificaly where this door is, I went to the tomb stone and the purple pool and I found no door, please give me specific instructions.

-Walter-

------------------

Originally posted by Walter:
**I am confused, explain to me specificaly where this door is, I went to the tomb stone and the purple pool and I found no door, please give me specific instructions.

-Walter-

There isn't. You have to bash through the wall with fireballs, then you use fireseeds. When you can't go any further, hit the up button as if there was a door there and you were going through it.

---Zelda

------------------

Originally posted by Zelda:
...You have to bash through the wall with fireballs...

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this (or if I was just hearing things) but when you shoot a wall that can be "destroyed", it will make a slightly different sound than a normal wall will.

......I think 🙂

I haven't noticed it, or even checked for it, anywhere other than the entrance to Purple Haze (well, the hidden door that is)

------------------
-- Jeff

(This message has been edited by Merciless (edited 06-03-2000).)

Ok, I made it to the special level, met all of the Ambrosia people, collected all of the goodies, and left. How do I get beyond Ob and Ed to REAL levels?
What about all those doors in Ob and Ed that are stone? And how does one get the Ice pick, that was never explained clearly.

-Walter-

------------------

Originally posted by Merciless:
**I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this (or if I was just hearing things) but when you shoot a wall that can be "destroyed", it will make a slightly different sound than a normal wall will.

......I think 🙂

I haven't noticed it, or even checked for it, anywhere other than the entrance to Purple Haze (well, the hidden door that is)

Yeah..I've noticed that as well. And if you hear that sound when you toss the fireball, and the fireball won't do the trick, that's how you know to toss a fireseed. (Or other things in later levels)

---Zelda

------------------

Originally posted by Walter:
**Ok, I made it to the special level, met all of the Ambrosia people, collected all of the goodies, and left. How do I get beyond Ob and Ed to REAL levels?
What about all those doors in Ob and Ed that are stone? And how does one get the Ice pick, that was never explained clearly.

-Walter-

Well, if you've found the secret rooom, then you need to find the key to open the door that's east of the moving platforms. From there it's just a matter of following around the path to the end of the level. (Ok, it's a bit more complicated than that...but you'll get there eventually.)

As for stone doors...what stone doors? I recall none in O & E. The ice pick is available on a later level. But you don't need it for anything here.

---Zelda

------------------