The Dig- help!

Dumb question of the day......what the hell is going on in the Dig? I am able to get a bunch of the crystals...but where do you go to get to those goblins i'm reading about? I just have rock all around...and those skulls.

------------------

Originally posted by cjazz:
**Dumb question of the day......what the hell is going on in the Dig? I am able to get a bunch of the crystals...but where do you go to get to those goblins i'm reading about? I just have rock all around...and those skulls.

There really aren't a ton of enemies to kill in the Dig. There's really only a couple of places where you'll find some stuff to kill. The goal in the Dig is to basically get through the level and find the exit. You travel mostly towards the right and down. Avoiding taking a great deal of damage from bows and mace balls (not to mention the death powerups) is important because there's not much health to be found in this level. You will eventually find a group of baddies to kill towards the end, you have to go through them to get to the exit. So never fear! You won't miss them.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

When i come off of Parched Earth...i come down a hill ...pick up the xirchons..and fireseeds. If i keep going across the ledge..i come to a pink pond..a save..and no way to keep going right. So...I go back across ledge to right side...go down..and i must be missing something...cuz no matter how many times i go...it's rock...

------------------

**When i come off of Parched Earth...i come down a hill ...pick up the xirchons..and fireseeds. If i keep going across the ledge..i come to a pink pond..a save..and no way to keep going right. So...I go back across ledge to right side...go down..and i must be missing something...cuz no matter how many times i go...it's rock...

You have to burrow down in the correct area. If you go down until you reach as black rock layer, then go sideways until you can continue to go down. But be sure to go sideways, too, as far as you can, so you don't miss anything. Then just follow the xichron trail as far as they lead you. The crossbows, too, indicate special areas and soft spots. Exploration is the key. Good Luck! 🙂

Grandalf

------------------

Are you where I think you are? Where the pink stuff is? It took me forever to find a way out of there! You have to jump up on the side on the right, and shoot over to the left a little ways up. Then crawl through the small hole and you'll find yourself in a vertical tunnel with a cross bow and some mace balls. Remember to follow the xichrons, they can tell you where to go. If you are
talking about somewhere different, please describe.
Good luck, tough times ahead! 😉

-Cal 🆒

------------------

ok....i finally get to the bottom of the ledge and can see the leaping goblins. But i can't seem to find the way to get down to them. Help!

------------------

**ok....i finally get to the bottom of the ledge and can see the leaping goblins. But i can't seem to find the way to get down to them. Help!

As I recall, I saw some leaping goblins about a third of the way through the level, but I couldn't get to them at that point. You'll eventually get at them from another area. Try going all the way through the level once and you'll probably get most everything.

---Zelda

------------------
The difference between men and women is simple: men are insane and women are idiots.

Having just gotten through this level. I can appreciate the frustration. In order to get to the gremlins, you have to toss a firseed by the crossbow pointing upward. That will give you enough room to climb up the shaft then follow the xirchons. You will tunnel down to them. 🙂

------------------

The Exit is down and to the LEFT, not the RIGHT. But going down, one has to go back and forth a lot, L to R, R to L. Also, be very, very careful not to fall into the big quicksand pit. I did manage to get out, but it is next to impossible. I got out by climbing up the RIGHT wall and jumping for about, oh, a year or so.

------------------

<`{{{><

Originally posted by Jodeo:
**The Exit is down and to the LEFT, not the RIGHT. But going down, one has to go back and forth a lot, L to R, R to L. Also, be very, very careful not to fall into the big quicksand pit. I did manage to get out, but it is next to impossible. I got out by climbing up the RIGHT wall and jumping for about, oh, a year or so.

I was referring to the journey down. Not as to which side of the screen the exit was on. But in checking sirkette's map, it appears we're both wrong. The exit is pretty much straight down and you just keep going to the right or left as you travel down. I just FELT like I was going right more often than left. Maybe it's because I was lost...you just keep going right... 😉

---Zelda

------------------