Webboard question (not Ferazel related)

Today Netscape was freezing up upon opening (again) and I didn't feel like restarting to fix it at the time, so I came here in IE 5. The first thing that I noticed was that all the post graphics were green - not red. So I proceeded to scroll to the bottom of the page and saw that apparently in order to get the "posts since your last visit" feature you need to be using IE. I've known about this feature for a while and was wondering where it was, and I seem to have found it.

Andrew, will this feature only show up if I'm viewing the board in IE?

------------------
-- Jeff

Wow....i thought that i was the only one having this problem. I have @home for a provider....and they offered both browsers. Now since Excite took over...they offer only IE for all. No more updates for Netscape. Sucks...lost all my great bookmarks for the links here. Jeez!

------------------

Originally posted by cjazz:
**Wow....i thought that i was the only one having this problem. I have @home for a provider....and they offered both browsers. Now since Excite took over...they offer only IE for all. No more updates for Netscape. Sucks...lost all my great bookmarks for the links here. Jeez!

Does that mean that you are only using the browser that @Home gives you? (I'm using @Home too). When we first got it, I was expecting the @Home browser, but it was just regular old Netscape. You don't have to use the @Home browser for it to work, or for the @Home content pages to work. I've been using normal Netscape since I got @Home and have had no problems. 🙂

------------------
-- Jeff

Hi jeff, Well @home has this little policy. If you are using one of their cable modems and NOT using the browser that is on there now (4.6)...they are not liable for any problems connected to the usage of the cable.This extends to those of us who know that Netscape has 4.7.2 out there...Also with the appearance of Excite now....they will no longer be doing Netscape updates for us.

------------------

Originally posted by cjazz:
**they are not liable for any problems connected to the usage of the cable.

Really? Wow, hrmmm.....I did not know that 🙂 What exactly do you mean by that (I'm just making sure, because I've had problems with the modem and they helped me anyway...they didn't even ask me which browser I was using) That's very interesting. Are you in the US? Maybe they have different policies down there than they do here in Canada, because I've never heard of that.

------------------
-- Jeff

Yes, in the US. They know which browser that you are using. Also....if you are using a browser(version included) that they do not support ..you are on your own.
They have helped me with problems before...yet they have cautioned me to the above stated conditions.

------------------