Trouble with Gravis Gamepad pro

I'm having some trouble getting my Gravis USB gamepad pro to work with this fine game. The gamepad works with inputsprocket. When I first started up the program, I set the controls to use inputsprocket, and everything seemed in order. I could set each button to perform any game action I chose. However, every time I have ran the program since, there seems to be a problem with the way inputsprocket assigns the controls..

Specifically, while the left/right motion controls can still be assigned to the directional pad on the gamepad, up/down movement cannot be assigned to the y axis of the directional pad (the popup window for those buttons has no content. Also, the only actions that can be assigned to the buttons of the gamepad are selecting items and using them (no jump.) Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

------------------

Originally posted by Mr Gone:
**I'm having some trouble getting my Gravis USB gamepad pro to work with this fine game. The gamepad works with inputsprocket. When I first started up the program, I set the controls to use inputsprocket, and everything seemed in order. I could set each button to perform any game action I chose. However, every time I have ran the program since, there seems to be a problem with the way inputsprocket assigns the controls..

Specifically, while the left/right motion controls can still be assigned to the directional pad on the gamepad, up/down movement cannot be assigned to the y axis of the directional pad (the popup window for those buttons has no content. Also, the only actions that can be assigned to the buttons of the gamepad are selecting items and using them (no jump.) Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

Can you select "Any" as the player in the setup dialog? The Gravis controllers seem to have a problem recognizing that Ferazel is a single player game.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.