Stuck in Western Reaches

I'm stuck in two places in Western Reaches. The first -There is an area with a large acid pool next to an area with the purple rejuvenating liquid. I hop the golden clouds and a moving pod up to a ledge where there are two more golden clouds to get to the ledge I want. I get to the ledge and the first moving cloud. But everytime I try to hop to the second cloud I bump my head and the rocks above and fall down to the stairs that lead to the rejuvenating pool. How do I get across to the ledge I want? Problem number two is similar. On the other side of that area is a ledge with a boulder. I cross that ledge and hop to a series of rocks rising into the air. There is a ledge with a goblin on top above me. Everytime I try to jump to the last rock so that I can get to the ledge to fight the goblin, I end up attaching myself to something protuding on the ledge beneath him. How do I jump to the final rock? Hope this makes sense.

------------------

Javajoe wrote:
**I'm stuck in two places in Western Reaches. The first -There is an area with a large acid pool next to an area with the purple rejuvenating liquid. I hop the golden clouds and a moving pod up to a ledge where there are two more golden clouds to get to the ledge I want. I get to the ledge and the first moving cloud. But everytime I try to hop to the second cloud I bump my head and the rocks above and fall down to the stairs that lead to the rejuvenating pool. How do I get across to the ledge I want? Problem number two is similar. On the other side of that area is a ledge with a boulder. I cross that ledge and hop to a series of rocks rising into the air. There is a ledge with a goblin on top above me. Everytime I try to jump to the last rock so that I can get to the ledge to fight the goblin, I end up attaching myself to something protuding on the ledge beneath him. How do I jump to the final rock? Hope this makes sense.

On your first problem - what worked for me was to use the Shift/Jump/4 key to jump to the second pillow when both pillows are all the way to the left. You will still hit your head on the rocks above, but you will kind of "skip" off of the second pillow and then grip the wall. Hope this makes sense to you!! 🙂

What you find here should help you with your second problem - if you're talking about the area I think you are - the area with all the very small rock ledges leading up to where the goblin is. Good luck!! 😄

------------------

I agree with Dian on using that tactic for the small ledges, but what I found with the gold clouds is to just skip the ones up top where you're bumping your head. As you are coming out from the purple pool area, if you get Ferazel positioned where one foot is off the edge, you can jump and turn and grab onto the wall. That way you don't need to deal with the headache of the gold pillows . . . no pun intended! 😉

Good luck!

Nif

------------------

Originally posted by MissNif:
**I agree with Dian on using that tactic for the small ledges, but what I found with the gold clouds is to just skip the ones up top where you're bumping your head. As you are coming out from the purple pool area, if you get Ferazel positioned where one foot is off the edge, you can jump and turn and grab onto the wall. That way you don't need to deal with the headache of the gold pillows . . . no pun intended!;)

Good luck!

Nif

Well, I tried both of your tips and the one from MissNif worked for me. I did find that I had to hit the jump (OPTION) key right before I did the turn so that it would work. I'm still working on the second part, but it's now 1 AM and time for me to go to bed. Thanks Dian and MissNif for your help.

------------------