Parched Earth

I have gotten passed the jumping screws with the invincible shield....got the blue crystal...how do i get to other side? I blasted it....no luck?

------------------

cjazz wrote:
**I have gotten passed the jumping screws with the invincible shield....got the blue crystal...how do i get to other side? I blasted it....no luck?

If you're at the area I'm thinking of - right at the lava pool - you have to climb up the wall and then shoot up at the ceiling and then climb over the wall. To shoot up, hold down your "8" key while shooting. Hope this is the right spot - good luck!

------------------

You mean the quicksand? (not the lava?) You could shoot up, but it is possible to go through the quicksand without losing any health (that's how I did it until I found out you could shoot through up at the top)

When you get to the opening of the quicksand, cling onto the inside of the right wall and walk down (this is faster than letting Ferazel sink in the sand) once you get to the bottom, jump off and run to the left until you just get passed the other wall (the one sticking down into the sand) Turn around and hit the jump key quickly until you get high enough to grasp the wall, then climb up. (it sounds simple, but jumping to the other wall is always difficult...I still don't know any set way of doing it properly)

------------------
-- Jeff

Help! I can't stand it...the cannons are doing me in....i tried using the tree spell to build a high enough perch to get up the spike ledge but no go. If i do the cannons one more time tonight...i will blow them up!! I don't want to use the doctor...just get on. Btw, on the sequel.....i love a challenge as well as the next guy...but after a while...it's discouraging.

------------------

cjazz wrote:
**Help! I can't stand it...the cannons are doing me in....i tried using the tree spell to build a high enough perch to get up the spike ledge but no go. If i do the cannons one more time tonight...i will blow them up!! I don't want to use the doctor...just get on. Btw, on the sequel.....i love a challenge as well as the next guy...but after a while...it's discouraging.

Ahhh, don't get discouraged, but give up on the tree trunk spell and just get the cannon stuff down. Later when you go back to repeat it, you'll wonder why you found it so hard! Like someone else said here on the board before - if you get too frustrated, leave it for awhile, go somewhere else and come back to it later. You will get through it!!

P.S. Thanks, Jeff - I did mean quicksand instead of lava!! 🙂

------------------

Dian wrote:
**P.S. Thanks, Jeff - I did mean quicksand instead of lava!!:)

Well, I'm sure people knew what you meant anyway 🙂 (I know I did)

------------------
-- Jeff

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! it's driving me nuts! it seems like 50 attempts, i finally got through the quicksand at what must be near the end, and the !*&$# clock ran down on me!!!! is there some way to play more without going through here? i just want to play! im putting dents in my desk with my forehead! grumble

fish