Ends of the Earth spoiler please?

I hope someone out there can help me! I've read a lot of the threads for Ends of the Earth, and this hasn't been mentioned in awhile. Here goes . . .

Towards the end of the level where you have to go through the cannons to push the button to open the last door, you see a purple baddie and some smite rings on the other side. I was so thrilled when I found how to get up there and struggled trying to blast out the wall to gain entrance. Then I noticed that there is a transporter in there and my heart sank! Has anybody figured out how to actually get in there?! :eek:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nif

P.S. I did manage to kill the purple baddie from the outside, so at least I don't have him to contend with anymore! 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by MissNif (edited 04-07-2000).)

In case anyone doesn't want to know this, perhaps you migiht want to e-mail me, and I'll tell you how to get there, if you haven't already figured it out.

Linda

------------------

The answer is already posted somewhere on this board -- I'm sure of it 'cause that's how I found out!

The post definately is on the board (same as LT, I used it to figure it out) and I'll see how much of it I can remember....

SPOILER ALERT (yay)

is that enough warning? 🙂 ah...one more

Somewhere before you get to the area with the cannons that send you back over to the button, there is a small depression in the ground covered up by a foreground image of...that big pile of what looks like black bricks or something like that 🙂 Anyhoo, throw some fireseeds at the middle of that covered area and you will blow away part of the ground opening up to - guess what - a transporter! That will take you up to the hidden area.

I must say, that has to be one of the best jobs of hiding the entrance to a secret area. Ben, how did you ever come up with such (and so many) great level designs?

------------------
-- Jeff

Near the beginning of Ends of the Earth, past the first row of cannons leading down. There are rows of rotating swords on the ground while you are being pelted by ghosts from above. At the far right side of the screen, thereÂ’s passage going up, past the xichrons, but each side of the wall is spiked. IÂ’ve tried using the tree trunk spell, then using the ice bridge spell. CanÂ’t do it. Can't find any other way of advancing. IÂ’ve been using the saved game editor. As far as I can tell, Ends of the Earth is impossible.

deniro wrote:
Near the beginning of Ends of the Earth, past the first row of cannons leading down. There are rows of rotating swords on the ground while you are being pelted by ghosts from above. At the far right side of the screen, thereÂ’s passage going up, past the xichrons, but each side of the wall is spiked. IÂ’ve tried using the tree trunk spell, then using the ice bridge spell. CanÂ’t do it. Can't find any other way of advancing. IÂ’ve been using the saved game editor. As far as I can tell, Ends of the Earth is impossible.

Well, not impossible, but exceedingly difficult. It's just as you figured -- you need to use the tree trunk spell and the ice wall spell in succession. Apparently some folks have done it using only tree trunk spell, but I can't imagine that would be any easier, and it can cause memory problems. Anyway, it takes some luck and lots of persistence.

(PS. Whenever I post about how difficult something is, someone else comes along and suggests a way to make it easier. So that's the reason for this post. 🙂 )

Impossible. Can't be done. I've used the saved game editor to load up my
supplies and I still can't do it. Esp. not while being bombarded from all angles.

I'm putting the CD in microwave.

------------------

deniro wrote:
**Impossible. Can't be done. I've used the saved game editor to load up my
supplies and I still can't do it. Esp. not while being bombarded from all angles.

I'm putting the CD in microwave.

Don't give up! What worked for me was using just the tree trunk spell - easier and quicker to climb up - so just keep shooting and climbing until you reach the top. One thing, though, even with the editor - is to make sure that you don't have any magic crystals. For some reason these, along with the tree trunk spell make you run out of sprite memory. That'll really drive you crazy!!

------------------

I break things...

Come on. Someone has to have gotten past this point. I need something more than "try harder."
Is there anyone who can be articulate and specific about how they got past this point? Where did you stand? How many tree spells did you use? Did you use the ice wall spell before or after the tree trunk spell? Which side did you launch the spells from? Was it one from one point, then one from another? What did you do about the ghosts zapping you? What did you do about the rotating swords? How did you get the tree trunk spell to last long enough to climb up that high? Which side did you jump from?
You can't use only the tree trunk spell. Unless you mean building a trunk high enough that it goes up past the spikes. But then how would you climb the trunk?

------------------

deniro wrote:
**Come on. Someone has to have gotten past this point. I need something more than "try harder."

You can't use only the tree trunk spell. Unless you mean building a trunk high enough that it goes up past the spikes. But then how would you climb the trunk?

I used only the tree trunk spell - I found it quicker and easier. What you do is shoot and build the trunk up and jump onto to the sides of the trunk making sure that the top of the trunk is always a little higher than you - then keep shooting and building the trunk up, jump up, shoot and build the trunk up, jump up, etc. doing this until you reach the top. You want to build the trunk up close to one side of the spikes to make sure you don't hit the other side as you're jumping. Hope this helps!

------------------