Magic Carpet bug?

I've finished the labyrinth level, thanks to the walkthrought someone posted, but when I go back to the level to explore the Magic Carpet isn't there anymore, should it be?

------------------

Calvin wrote:
**I've finished the labyrinth level, thanks to the walkthrought someone posted, but when I go back to the level to explore the Magic Carpet isn't there anymore, should it be?

Which version of the game are you playing? Most issues were taken care of with the release of the 1.0.3 update. Go to:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/Updates/Ferazel_Update.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...zel_Update.html(/url)

to download the update.

Do you have a saved game from before you used the carpet?

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Calvin wrote:
**I've finished the labyrinth level, thanks to the walkthrought someone posted, but when I go back to the level to explore the Magic Carpet isn't there anymore, should it be?

Would that have been the walkthrough I posted? (I'm still wanting to know if it made any sense to anyone other than me 🙂 )

I noticed the problem with the carpet staying up top as well. I haven't checked since I updated, but like Dave said, try that. However, if it still doesn't come back to the bottom, you can make it up over the spikes with the tree trunk spell. You just have to make sure you aren't one of the people who get the overloaded sprite memory errors. Basically what you have to do is stand to the left of the little platform where the carpet is (supposed to be), and load up the platform with the trunk spell. Keep shooting until just before, or just as, the bottom tree trunk section starts to disappear and then scurry up the tree as fast as you can. You should be able to grab the wall just above the spikes and continue up through the crossbows to the top.

Question for anyone else: when you went up to the top on the carpet roughly in the middle of the passageway, did you have the crossbows shoot? One time when I went through I didn't get shot at once...and I even stopped and moved around beside one of them.

------------------
-- Jeff

Metaphysical question: How come Ferazel doesn't take the magic carpet with him when he leaves the Labyrinth? Sure would help in Ends of the Earth. And it's not like he couldn't carry it -- he's already carrying 80 times his weight in Xichrons... 🙂

I break things.....

I agree. Ferazel should roll up the magic carpet, tuck it in his pack, and keep going. No reason to just leave the thing there! 🙂

------------------

I break things...

Louie D wrote:
I break things...

Will you shut up?!?!

------------------
Think Different.

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Admiral Dennis wrote:
**Will you shut up?!?!

My sentiments exactly!!!!! 😄

------------------

LT wrote:
Metaphysical question: How come Ferazel doesn't take the magic carpet with him when he leaves the Labyrinth? Sure would help in Ends of the Earth. And it's not like he couldn't carry it -- he's already carrying 80 times his weight in Xichrons...:)

I have the same question about that nifty hanglider that I can't figure out how to control! 😉

Nif

------------------

Admiral Dennis wrote:
**Will you shut up?!?!

I agree whole-heartedly! I've been seeing that stupid message in lots of threads! :mad:

Nif

------------------

Yes, I'd like to have either the hangglider or the carpet (or both) right now, in Ends of the Earth!!! I did have fun taking the carpet back through the Labyrinth. It's fun trying to figure out how to sneak it through some of the tight places where there are cannons, maces, etc. It comes in handy getting some of the stuff you might have left behind.

------------------

lindawing wrote:
**Yes, I'd like to have either the hangglider or the carpet (or both) right now, in Ends of the Earth!!! I did have fun taking the carpet back through the Labyrinth. It's fun trying to figure out how to sneak it through some of the tight places where there are cannons, maces, etc. It comes in handy getting some of the stuff you might have left behind.

Wow! I can't believe I didn't think of doing that! :eek:

Nif

------------------

Neither did I! That's a great idea... it sure explains how you can get some of those xichrons that are floating right above a pool of acid, for instance...

------------------