ran out of sprites in the sprite pool??

Anyone know why i keep getting a repeating error: Ran out of sprites in the sprite pool? it happens when i fire repeatedly or use a spell repeatedly. like about 20 tree trunks... it then goes kaploey on me. help! i can't stand this error, because inevitably it causes the proggy to crash... :frown:

thanks.

------------------
erik

I've never gotten the ran out of sprites in the sprite pool error, but when I used the tree trunk a lot one time, I did get an out of sprite memory error (same thing maybe?) Anyway, just increase the memeory alottment to Ferazel's Wand and that should fix it. I think it has something to do with having too many sprites on the screen at one time and not having enough free memory to store them all.

------------------
-- Jeff

erik123 wrote:
**Anyone know why i keep getting a repeating error: Ran out of sprites in the sprite pool? it happens when i fire repeatedly or use a spell repeatedly. like about 20 tree trunks... it then goes kaploey on me. help! i can't stand this error, because inevitably it causes the proggy to crash...:frown:

thanks.

Hi, Erik - I had the same problem, too. Still haven't been able to find a solution to it yet. I tried increasing the memory and that didn't work for me. I get it only when I use the tree trunk spell too much. Frustrating, 'cause I can't get anywhere without it in Ends of the Earth. (I'm having problems getting the Ice Wall spell still). If you find a solution that works for you, I would love to know what it is and give it a try. Good luck!! 🙂

------------------

erik123 wrote:
**Anyone know why i keep getting a repeating error: Ran out of sprites in the sprite pool?

Erik - did you ever find a solution to this? I'm still having this problem and can't go any further in Ends of the Earth because of it (since you have to use the tree trunk spell soooo much here). I've tried increasing the memory - no luck and I've tried playing off the disk - with no luck. Would love to fix this problem so I can move on... :frown:

------------------

I've gotten this message too (on Ends of the Earth). I already have 44MB allotted to Ferazel's Wand so finally I just gave up on the level. It appears to be a bug (hopefully an upcoming update will fix this).