Update 1.0.3 Crashes

Lately, especially today, almost every change of game state, like abort, results in a type 12 crash. Also today, suddenly I can no longer run the game without the CD in the tray. Coincidence, since I also tried out and trashed Internet Explorer 5.0 just before things started to go wrong? Or did the rash of crashing trigger the CD required message? Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Grandalf

------------------

Well, I'd be extremely tempted to blame it all on Internet Explorer, but unfortunately I also tried out IE yesterday and Ferazel has been working fine. So I doubt that's the problem. On the other hand, I haven't trashed IE yet, so maybe Microsoft put some evil code in it that corrupts your computer if you try to trash it... 😛

------------------

Grandalf wrote:
**Lately, especially today, almost every change of game state, like abort, results in a type 12 crash. Also today, suddenly I can no longer run the game without the CD in the tray. Coincidence, since I also tried out and trashed Internet Explorer 5.0 just before things started to go wrong? Or did the rash of crashing trigger the CD required message? Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Grandalf

What's different about your system since it stopped working? Is it only the update? Try trashing your Ferzel's prefs in the preferences folder in the system folder, and use just the Mac OS extensions, then start a new game just for testing purposes. If the problem persists, then contact me at Help@ambrosiasw.com.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.