Have you experienced any bugs?

has any one else wondered why almost all the error in pog have to with CarbonLib
just wondering

------------------
I am the peak of human evolution.

Originally posted by dude17:
**has any one else wondered why almost all the error in pog have to with CarbonLib
just wondering

The answer is simple -- CarbonLib (a library from Apple) is a work in progress, and older versions of it are fairly buggy.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yes, those errors are not normal. You are using the latest version of CarbonLib? Have you tried giving PoG more memory?

Yes, I've done everything thats been suggested on these boards. Will (and if there is when) there be another version be realeased?

------------------

The problem seems to be that there are no sound effects or ambient sounds of any kind on OS X. The only thing that plays are the mp3s.

I am running POG on OS X. I do hear sound effects and ambient sounds (like birds chirping).

I have the full version (unregistered) on an iMac with 384 MB RAM. One problem I have is theat it keeps crashing when i switch programs. I use LiteSwitch (could it be causing the problems?) and the Swedish version of MacOS 9.1.

Then there are all the questionmarks in the dialouges. Are they supposed to be there i.e. goblins (?), Tearos (?)...

/Carl

------------------
I will go, but I do not know the way - Frodo Baggins

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem I am, but I'm running 10.0.4 on a Pismo PB G3 w/ 576MB RAM, and the game keeps crashing after about 15-30 minutes of play. The only other applications open are CPU Monitor and Memory Monitor. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing the game full-screen or not.
I'm probably going to register anyway, I like to support Ambrosia, but I'd really like to know that this is going to be fixed. If anyone has any suggestions please either post back or email me at:
adonimelek@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jaime

I am using OS X 10.0.4, PoG Demo.

Sometimes when I just loastartd the game and click the Load button, the OS X file load screen appears but the mouse is visible and I can't click anywhere to change the focus or load a game.

I am using a new QuickSilver Dual 800 G4 with 1.25 gb Ram with OS 10.0.4.

1. When the game loads the cursor is not visible. You can do things but you can't see where you are clicking. To fix this I hide the application and when I bring it back the cursor now shows and works until the next time.

2. POG will crash about 5 to 6 times per hour during normal play. It appears that the more often I save the game the less often it crashes. Crashes happen most often during battles or switching to the next screen area. Occasionaly when I go into a new screen area it appears that all of the objects for that screen do not load. Sometimes I lose the player icon (picture of my adventurer) and become invisible, you can then kinda float around going through buildings instead of around them until it usually crashes.

3. Just a question - Is there any way on screen to tell what kind of creature you are attacking? It took me a while to realize I was killing trolls (read the sign on the map that said "Troll's Lair").

Overall POG is a great game and I am using way too much time playing it.

------------------

Originally posted by Patrick:
**When I run PoG at 1024x768 full screen, a white window appears behind and to the northwest of the PoG window.

What OS version are you running? PoG shouldn't allow you to play the game full screen at that resolution. Try manually switching resolution to 640x480 before launching the game.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Originally posted by Jaime:
**I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem I am, but I'm running 10.0.4 on a Pismo PB G3 w/ 576MB RAM, and the game keeps crashing after about 15-30 minutes of play. The only other applications open are CPU Monitor and Memory Monitor. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm playing the game full-screen or not.
I'm probably going to register anyway, I like to support Ambrosia, but I'd really like to know that this is going to be fixed. If anyone has any suggestions please either post back or email me at:
adonimelek@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jaime**

When it crashes, what does it do?

Do you get error messages of any kind?

Have you noticed any consistency to the crashes?

IE they happen every time you save, or every time you kill a goblin, anything?

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

<<I have the full version (unregistered) on an iMac with 384 MB RAM. One problem I have is theat it keeps crashing when i switch programs. I use LiteSwitch (could it be causing the problems?) and the Swedish version of MacOS 9.1.
Then there are all the questionmarks in the dialouges. Are they supposed to be there i.e. goblins (?), Tearos (?)...>>

It crashes? I use Command-Tab to switch from PoG. It seems fine. I think that's built in. Try it.

Aparently I think the (?)s mean that you should jot it down since you can search for it at the learning tree. Or the leaming tree if you have the demo. 🙂

------------------
macmaxbh
"I don't need romance." Zak Kebron told her confidently. "I have goldfish."

One bug, one request:

The bug: I found what I assume are the tunnels NW of town, but couldn't get anywhere, I assume because I have done nothing to clear any other exits. But when I entered the tunnels a few times in a row (trying to figure out what was going on and if I was using the tunnel screen right -- I am still not sure since I have never accomplished anything on it) my character went a step farther north each time until it got "stuck" in the trees and couldn't walk out in any direction. Getting "stuck" was one of the reasons I trashed Cythera instead of continuing to play and pay :-).

The request: please, please give us a quickly-scannable visual on the character's health. Especially when repeating work I've already done but lost because of a screwup since I last saved, I can get careless :). Several times I've suddenly gotten the "gave over" screen, and I assume I wasn't watching my life total closely enough. But a number just doesn't jump out at you the way a visual bar or bowl or wahtever does....

And I second the request to know what I'm fighting w/ an on-screen name or something.

Thanks for continued quality work (and I'm waiting not-very-patiently for EV: Nova!),
Glenn

That takes all the fun out of it. I managed to match up all the monsters (i think) with their (as far as I can tell) appropriate names without assistance from other people. I kept track of names the NPCs mentioned and looked them up in the learning tree. Monster matches learning tree description = Monster is named the word used to access that description.
Although with the Death Knights I guessed it, with help from D&D.;
And of course thieves and mages are just thieves and mages, simple as that. 🙂

------------------
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. --Socrates
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas Edison
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability. -- Flowers A. Newhouse

sorry. wrong post deleted. please delete me.

(This message has been edited by TIE187 (edited 09-06-2001).)

(This message has been edited by TIE187 (edited 09-07-2001).)

Originally posted by David Dunham:
**What OS version are you running? PoG shouldn't allow you to play the game full screen at that resolution. Try manually switching resolution to 640x480 before launching the game.

I can use full sceen made whilt at 1024 * 763, usimg my 320 G3, with 144 mags of ram and mac os 9.1

I just got to reefs Island with a registered copy of the game, only to find that I couldn't leave the first screen of the island. Everytime I tried, I got that "You can't explore any further with an unregistered copy" message. Pretty frustrating bug, but at least it got me to go to sleep... If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I'd love to hear.

------------------

How about this one:
When I enter a new screen/sector thing I have a 1/100 (I am guessing here) chance that it will unexpectedly quit. I have countered this by saving constantly. But it is a pain when I am on the run. Not that run from any beast or man. 🙂 But when I do I can not save near hostile creatures.
Could this be a memory problem, I have 128mb on my G4 733Mhz with OS X. I am usually running no other apps, but occasionally I am running iTunes. I will see what happens if I get more memory, down the road that is.

------------------
Bushes are nice 'cause they don't have prickers -- unless they do. This one did. Ouch! -Ralph Wiggum
Download (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/dl-redirect.pl?path=ferazel/addons&file;=Extemporaneous.sit.hqx")Extemporaneous 0.5(/url) for Ferazel's Wand.
Visit the (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/emudevelopers/ferazel.html")Extemporaneous Website(/url).

I've got 3 more non-catastrophic bugs.
1. There is no Learning Tree entry for Termite(?) on all 3 levels. But I know for a fact, that Termite is listed as an entry.

2. The Ring of Gods description says "+3 to all stats, except Speed", except, it does add +3 to speed.

3. The walkable portion of the maps shifts and moves, relative to the maps' graphics. This instability gets worse the faster you can walk. Maybe the ring's speed was supposed to be deleted so I wouldn't be able to walk through walls.

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

I'm running OS 9.0.4 on a G4 450 with 128 mgs of ram.
The game seems to freeze up everytime I try to talk to the druid, however, if I'm not in full screen mode, I can do stuff in finder. The only way to to anything in the game is to force quit.

Nice game, exellent graphics, a little buggy though.....

I'm running the full registered version with 175,000 MB ram dedicated to it, on a G4 350 AGP. When I enter the map south of the knight stronghold (two south of Fantrana?) the mapping feature does not work. On this screen, the one east of it, and the one south of that (following the road) all I get is blank screens on my map with a big white x. I continued a little further and then my mapping function started to work again. Are you not supposed to see the giants? Or is this in fact a bug?

------------------