Have you experienced any bugs?

Downloaded the full version of Pillars, but I still have problem when I talk to the druid. I use the same save file as I did in the demo when I originally had the problemand everytime I talk to the druid I can't get out of the chat screen after he finishes talking. The game lets me record in my journal as I can hear the signature recording sound, but after that there isn't a thing I can do in the game except force quit it.

This bug is really annoying, but I like the game.

"Never pet a burning dog....and, hey, you look funny."

Originally posted by David Dunham:
**What OS version are you running? PoG shouldn't allow you to play the game full screen at that resolution. Try manually switching resolution to 640x480 before launching the game.

I'm using 9.0.0.

I do have a very old Radius ThunderTX 1152 graphics card. It causes problems with other games too(Starcraft and Exobattle) so maybe it's just my card. Switching resolution to 640x480 before playing works fine.

------------------
GameRanger SN: Col. Patrick (EL)

I finished the game yesterday. Here is the list of all bugs. (Beige G3, 9.1)

1. A single 'unexpectedly quit' error. I increased the memory partition and didn't encounter it again.
  2. A single unregistered game error quite late in the game with a registered version.
  3. In the final dungeon before the gate I was on a bridge battling some undead and my war axe of misery stopped responding to mouse clicks. It happened several times. I was able to get to the gate by switching to the elven bow of destruction.

CONCLUSION: On the whole I found it about par for the course for a graphics-intensive game. It is quite stable. Unlike my experience in either Baldur's Gate or Diablo II, I didn't find it necessary to use a pared down extensions set to achieve stability. A very commendable effort for a version 1.0 app.

------------------

Oh dear. One more to add to the previous lift. After my win I went to Berglum to load up on fresh pots and after the blacksmith I stopped to chat with one of the NPCs and froze at the dialogue screen. A force quit only made matters worse and I had to reboot. I have not cared to attempt to reproduce this bug.

------------------

Originally posted by Micko:
**After playing the demo for a bit, I've experienced a few hangs whilst trying to save (and maybe load?) games. Anyways nothing happened for a minute or two, so I forced quit out of PoG. This hasn't happed consistently however. Running OS 8.6, Beige G3. Anyone else seen this?

Same setup, same problem. I would consider playing without
saving, but am getting screen corruption (inventory, shops, Learning Tree) so I need to
save and restart periodically to clear the problem.
This is with 256MB RAM, VM off, PCI ATI Rage 128.
Sigh.

Originally posted by David Dunham:
**Hello -
Have you tried increasing the memory allocation for PoG? Select the application, then go to the File menu to Get Info -> Memory, and increase the preferred memory. Please let me know at help@AmbrosiaSW.com if this happens again.

This happens to me also after a variable amount of time playing.
Increased allocation to 90002KB, still happens: shops, inventory both behave as described by
the poster, and also another type of graphical corruption occurs
in Learning Tree (black background, characters leave trails). Once this corruption
happened when walking around Gwyden Camp (one of the buildings left a trail).
Using an ATI Rage 128 with MacOS 8.6, 256MB RAM, VM off.

2 Minor bugs:

When you get complete the game, if you hit escape (to get out of all the dialog boxes) - Type 1 error.

Sound sometimes goes quiet, jumps in volume, switches from mono to stereo (this may be the volume change).

9600 with G3 400, 256 meg, 100meg for PoG - OS Z-9.1.

Elias.

------------------
"You only have the rights
you defend in others"

Sorry,

I forgot a couple.

Quite often, when moving to the next screen, the progress bar doesn't display.
Sometimes, the character can walk off the edge of the screen (one place I notice it is on the Northern Territories Gate screen, moving west, at the top exit).

Cheers.

Elias.

------------------
"You only have the rights
you defend in others"