Red Xichron levels

Hey all...I was wondering if you could help me with something. I've told Ben that I think there's a problem with the xichron percentages on the levels in which you receive a red xichron. Ben said he looked into it and couldn't find a problem. He asked me to give him more details. Soooo..I'm trying to compose a list of the levels that have red xichrons in them. I would be ever so grateful if there are any of you who remember what levels you got red xichrons in and if you ever managed to get 100% of xichrons when you finished the level. If you did manage to get 100% on any of those levels then I'm obviously wrong!! Please let me know as soon as possible. I love knowing when I'm wrong. πŸ™‚ If you didn't, tell me the level you got the xichron on and the highest percent of xichrons you could get at the end. So far I have the following levels that I know I received a red xichron on and that I couldn't get more than 98% at the end: Central Caverns, Obfuscation and Edification, Unemployed in Greenland, Flash Freeze and Mandratriki Wizard (on that level I got 0%). I still haven't gotten past Parched Earth or finished Iceconoclasm so I would greatly appreciate your help. Either post here or mail me at robinrph@aol.com

I KNOW this isn't a huge deal and it certainly doesn't preclude you from finishing the game or anything, it just sort of bugs me. πŸ™‚

---Zelda

Hi, Zelda - the same for me on the levels you mentioned, plus the Labryinth and Parched Earth. πŸ™‚

------------------

Zelda wrote:
So far I have the following levels that I know I received a red xichron on and that I couldn't get more than 98% at the end: Central Caverns, Obfuscation and Edification, Unemployed in Greenland, Flash Freeze and Mandratriki Wizard (on that level I got 0%). I still haven't gotten past Parched Earth or finished Iceconoclasm so I would greatly appreciate your help. Either post here or mail me at robinrph@aol.com

I KNOW this isn't a huge deal and it certainly doesn't preclude you from finishing the game or anything, it just sort of bugs me. πŸ™‚

---Zelda(/B)

I have exactly the same figures. I also haven't finished Iceconoclasm; I have done the time trial in Parched Earth but haven't finished the secrets, etc.

There is also a problem in some of the levels where I am given credit for 100% of the enemies and I know I have left bad guys alive - Labyrinth, for example. And in Storm Valley, I was given credit for 100% of the secrets, but I never could get to the Rez necklace.

Cathy

------------------

Zelda, this was discussed in the thread Counting Xichrons. These are the levels with red Xichrons and the percentage of Xichrons in my stats:

Central Caverns - 98
Flash Freeze - 98
Iceconoclasm - 98
Obfuscation & Edification - 98
The Labyrinth - 98
Mandritaki Wizard - 0
Parched Earth - 96
The Dig - 96
Fire in the Hole - 98

In each of these levels I retrieved all of the Xichrons (red and gold) that I could see and, with the exception of Flash Freeze, got all 100% of the secrets.

You brought up Unemployed in Greenland -- I don't remember seeing a red Xichron there (there is a spell and a couple of rings). However, I too have stat problems in that level, as I got all 100% of the secrets but only 84% of the enemies and 96% of the Xichrons. I've been back there numerous times and don't find any more enemies or Xichrons. If they're in a hidden area, then why are my secrets at 100%? Can you verify that you got a red Xichron there?

I, too, would like to get to the bottom of this.

LT wrote:
Central Caverns - 98
Flash Freeze - 98
Iceconoclasm - 98
The Labyrinth - 98
Mandritaki Wizard - 0
Parched Earth - 96
The Dig - 96
Fire in the Hole - 98

I got the same numbers as LT. Hope Ben can get this resolved cause I agree that it's rather annoying.
-Elizabeth

------------------
Find Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Helpers of Habnabits in the (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide(/url) (http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel)

(QUOTE)LT wrote:
**Zelda, this was discussed in the thread Counting Xichrons. These are the levels with red Xichrons and the percentage of Xichrons in my stats:

Central Caverns - 98
Flash Freeze - 98
Iceconoclasm - 98
The Labyrinth - 98
Mandritaki Wizard - 0
Parched Earth - 96
The Dig - 96
Fire in the Hole - 98**

This was a great help...thank you, LT! And thanks to Elizabeth for confirming the numbers.

**You brought up Unemployed in Greenland -- I don't remember seeing a red Xichron there (there is a spell and a couple of rings). However, I too have stat problems in that level, as I got all 100% of the secrets but only 84% of the enemies and 96% of the Xichrons. I've been back there numerous times and don't find any more enemies or Xichrons. If they're in a hidden area, then why are my secrets at 100%? Can you verify that you got a red Xichron there?

Nope. I messed up. No red xichron in Unemployed. See? This is why I came here. πŸ™‚ I knew I had gotten one in one other level, and it turns out that level was Labyrinth. But I knew my stats with Unemployed were greatly messed up, that's why I thought I had gotten a red xichron there. I've been through Unemployed three times now and I still have the exact stats that you do. Very confusing. Labyrinth I wasn't sure of because when I left the level, I had still only gotten 80% of the secrets and I haven't quite gotten up the nerve to go back. I did mention the fact that you could get 100% of the secrets in Storm Valley without getting the rez necklace, and that you get 100% of the enemies in Labyrinth without killing everything, but I'm not sure he's seeing me as all that credible over this. πŸ™‚ I think too that he did mention that it was hard to get the stats to come out completely perfect. I suppose it is more important to get the bugs fixed that prevent a player from finishing the game, but I'll send this in anyway and see if he can gain anything from it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

---Zelda

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 03-18-2000).)

Zelda wrote:
I did mention the fact that you could get 100% of the secrets in Storm Valley without getting the rez necklace,

I believe that by getting up there you have found the secret, and that's why it counts as 100%. The fact that you did not pick up everything in the secret area probably does not matter. At least that's my take on the rez necklace situation.

Nif

------------------
You have to remember, there is no spoon.

Zelda wrote:
Thanks everyone for your help.

Thank YOU, Zelda, for taking the initiative and communicating with Ben/Ambrosia about this. Let us know if we can do anything, and keep us posted.

LT

Good news everybody. I have found the red xichron percentage bug and fixed it, and this will be incorporated into the 1.0.3 update which is coming out Wednesday. The red xichrons were being counted when they were created, but not when you picked them up. Note that if you use an old saved game, the fix will only be take effect for red xichrons you have not yet picked up. But hopefully this should not be a problem.

-Ben

Ben Spees wrote:
**Good news everybody. I have found the red xichron percentage bug and fixed it, and this will be incorporated into the 1.0.3 update which is coming out Wednesday. The red xichrons were being counted when they were created, but not when you picked them up. Note that if you use an old saved game, the fix will only be take effect for red xichrons you have not yet picked up. But hopefully this should not be a problem.

-Ben**

Ben...thanks so much for being accessible to us and for working so hard on the update, not to mention fixing our games..and just generally taking our various pesterings and botherments of you. I'm sure I speak for others on the board in wishing you a basket of warm poppyseed muffins. πŸ™‚

Unless you'd rather have some nice lutefisk hotdish...I've been working on the recipe. Oh say, and you know that goes for anybody. I'll send it to ANYBODY that wants it!

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**Ben...
I'm sure I speak for others on the board in wishing you a basket of warm poppyseed muffins. πŸ™‚

Unless you'd rather have some nice lutefisk hotdish...
Oh say, and you know that goes for anybody. I'll send it to ANYBODY that wants it!

---Zelda**

Oh yes, plenty of warm poppyseed muffins! I look forward to playing again..

Um, and, well...Zelda...lutefisk being as...ah..yummy just as it is...I'm so full after that last bit...

AM
Who has NEVER (and probably never will) finished Ends of the Earth.

------------------
"Life is like a chocolate chip cookie."
-Snoopy

Amorisse wrote:
**Um, and, well...Zelda...lutefisk being as...ah..yummy just as it is...I'm so full after that last bit...

I just don't understand it. I figured my mailbox would be so full of requests that I'd have to hire a secretary to handle it. Can you believe that there was not one person who took me up on my free offer of fish jello hotdish? Go figure.

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**I just don't understand it. I figured my mailbox would be so full of requests that I'd have to hire a secretary to handle it. Can you believe that there was not one person who took me up on my free offer of fish jello hotdish? Go figure.

---Zelda**

Hey! Whats wrong with lutefisk!!?
Since IΒ΄m norwegian (we invented the lutefisk), I feel I have to say something nice about this delicious dish.
Hmm... Well, canΒ΄t think of anything right now...

But if you think Lutefisk is bad, you should try "Rakefish."
Rakefish is basically rotten trout. Not much else to say about it.
Tastes like... rotten fish.

------------------
paul

(QUOTE)Paolo wrote:
Hey! Whats wrong with lutefisk!!?

Uggh...a shorter list would be...what's RIGHT about it?

Since IΒ΄m norwegian (we invented the lutefisk), I feel I have to say something nice about this delicious dish.
Hmm... Well, canΒ΄t think of anything right now...

I'm Norwegian as well and I feel no obligation whatsoever to say something nice about lutefisk. πŸ™‚ I'll take pride in lefse, krumkaka, rosettes, flatbred and even those blasted boiled potatoes..but the line has to be drawn somewhere, darn it.

**But if you think Lutefisk is bad, you should try "Rakefish."
Rakefish is basically rotten trout. Not much else to say about it.
Tastes like... rotten fish.

Rakfisk? πŸ™‚ My grandfather ate it...on crackers as I recall. Nobody else could abide the smell of it.

From one Norsky to another, here's a shot of aquavit. (Only Norwegians would drink a liqueur made out of potatoes.) Uff dah and god dag!

---Zelda

(This message has been edited by Zelda (edited 03-23-2000).)

(quote)Zelda wrote:
**(quote)

Rakfisk? My grandfather ate it...on crackers as I recall. Nobody else could abide the smell of it.
From one Norsky to another, here's a shot of aquavit. (Only Norwegians would drink a liqueur made out of potatoes.) Uff dah and god dag!

---Zelda
**(/quote)

God dag Zelda!
Potatoes or not, aquavit is the king! ...and a skaal for the update of Ferazel. πŸ™‚

------------------
paul

Sorry to interrupt the lutefisk discussion... πŸ™‚

I just noticed another place (actually the first time I've ever noticed this bug) where you can get credited for 100% of the enemies without killing them all: In Fire in the Hole I was credited with 100% of the enemies even though I had forgotten to go into the secret room, the one with the entrance near where you get V-Blade, that has two frogs and a blob in it.

This is with the 1.0.3 update.