Error Message - Sprite Memory

Can anyone help me with this? I'm in Ends of the Earth and don't have the Ice Wall spell so I'm using the Tree Trunk spell instead - thanks, Nif, it works great! The only problem I'm having is if I use it more than 3 times then I get the Error Message - "ran out of sprite memory." All's I can do at this point is quit playing and start again. Any way to fix this?

------------------

Hmmm . . . I never had that problem. Are you playing with the CD in? I always have, because I didn't realize that I didn't need the CD to play the game. Since I took it out though, I have gotten some "sprite not loaded" messages, but no problem with game-play. 😕 If the CD doesn't help things, then I'd try emailing Ambrosia help.

Good luck!

Nif

(This message has been edited by MissNif (edited 03-20-2000).)

I had the same problem in Purple Haze when I was trying to get up to what I thought was a secret passage (which turned out to just be a possible level making error by Ben...or not...) I must have used the tree trunk spell over 100 times and kept getting that error.

I would suggest giving Ferazel's Wand some more memory and see if that fixes the problems.

------------------
-- Jeff

Dian wrote:
**Can anyone help me with this? I'm in Ends of the Earth and don't have the Ice Wall spell so I'm using the Tree Trunk spell instead - thanks, Nif, it works great! The only problem I'm having is if I use it more than 3 times then I get the Error Message - "ran out of sprite memory." All's I can do at this point is quit playing and start again. Any way to fix this?

If you have the Ice Crystal Spell, then send me a copy of your saved game help@ambrosiasw.com, then I can fix send it back with the Ice Wall spell.
Your problem sounds pretty consistent, you use the tree trunk spell 3 times and get the message, does it happen each and every time? Does it happen with any other spells?
Try increasing the memory allocation in the File Menu -> Get Info -> Memory by 2-4 megs. If the problem persists, let me know at the above address.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

David - thanks for your help! I haven't sent my saved game in for the Ice Wall spell 'cause I heard the update was coming out soon, so I figured I'd just wait. Now it seems from the Board here that it's coming out tomorrow - yay!! In the meantime, since I can't stop myself from playing the game, I'll try increasing the memory - hope that does it! It hasn't happened with anything but the tree trunk spell, so I have a feeling the increased memory will solve the problem.

Thanks, again, David 🙂

------------------

Dian wrote:
**David - thanks for your help! I haven't sent my saved game in for the Ice Wall spell 'cause I heard the update was coming out soon, so I figured I'd just wait. Now it seems from the Board here that it's coming out tomorrow - yay!! In the meantime, since I can't stop myself from playing the game, I'll try increasing the memory - hope that does it! It hasn't happened with anything but the tree trunk spell, so I have a feeling the increased memory will solve the problem.

Thanks, again, David 🙂

The only problem is that now you'll have to start the game from a save BEFORE you got the ice crystal spell. So...unless you're willing to do that you may have to send your game in anyway. :frown: Sorry.

---Zelda