Secrets in Parched Earth

Has anyone gone back and found all the secrets in Parched Earth? I have returned there to explore without worrying about the time and can't seem to find anything new. Any tips?

------------------

Have you thoroughly explored the area where the red spike-balls are coming down?

Nif

------------------

Thought I did, but guess I better go back and look some more - thanks for the hint, Nif!! (And such a quick response) 🙂

------------------

Dian wrote:
**Has anyone gone back and found all the secrets in Parched Earth? I have returned there to explore without worrying about the time and can't seem to find anything new. Any tips?

Remember you can go get the secrets you missed the first time through, take a teleporter back to the beginning and exit that way -- you don't have to make it through again in the five minute limit. I remember what the "big" secret looks like, but I don't remember where it is. Presumably it's the same one MissNif is talking about.

Okay - I'm really missing something here!! :frown:

I've gone back again, I can find all the powerups - but nothing beyond that. I have blasted and spun everywhere I can to no avail. Are you talking about the first group of spiked balls that go up and down? I've checked there and at the last part of the game where there are spiked balls. No luck. AAAuuuugghhh! Help!

------------------

Here's another hint:

try going upwards at all possible points.

Thanks, LT - I'm back to try again! Between this and "Out of the Frying Pan" I'm getting bleary-eyed. Need one more Xichron to get to Ends of the Earth and can't seem to come up with it. Revisiting all the old lands and trying to find what I've missed. Feel like I'm just going 'round and 'round. Hopefully, I'll get that last Xichron soon (she says with such hope in her voice)!!

------------------

Well . . . I believe that if you found where LT & I have pointed you, there is a red xichron -- I can't remember for certain though. Good luck!

Nif

------------------
You have to remember, there is no spoon.

I am also having trouble getting all the secrets in Parched Earth. I have only 74%. I did get the red xichron and the other goodies above the row of spiked balls. Any more hints? Thanks-

Cathy

------------------

cats wrote:
**I am also having trouble getting all the secrets in Parched Earth. I have only 74%. I did get the red xichron and the other goodies above the row of spiked balls. Any more hints? Thanks-

Cathy

Did you get the second invincibility shield? :eek: possible spoiler! :eek: After you go through the big quicksand pot and there are 3 sets of retractable spikes, you can climb up the wall to an invincibility shield before going in to the next set of cannons. I can't really think of where else a secret might be. Oh . . . I'm not sure if it's considered a secret or not, but towards the end there is also a set of cannons down below that allow you to avoid some spikes and the orange blobs.

Good luck and hope I've helped!

Nif

------------------
You have to remember, there is no spoon.

(This message has been edited by MissNif (edited 03-19-2000).)

(This message has been edited by MissNif (edited 03-19-2000).)