Fix Your Saved Game?

I own the full version of Ferazel so I went to the Ferazel Web Board to look around. Everywere I go someone mentions "Sending in your saved game for Ben to fix". I don't have any idea what they mean 😕. Could someone tell me? Thanks 🙂

If you aren't too far into the game you really don't need to worry about the "fixes" yet. There are two places where it affects your play - 1) Hangnabit - if you've gone through once and come back to try again, your glider isn't there, and 2) Iceconoclasm - you get an Ice Crystal spell instead of an Ice Wall spell. You need the Ice Wall spell to continue in that area.

My understanding is that Ben Spees is working on update now and that it should soon be posted for everyone to download. In the meantime - there's LOTS to play and a long way to go before you'll need them. Have fun!!

------------------

If you aren't too far into the game you really don't need to worry about the "fixes" yet. There are two places where it affects your play - 1) Hangnabit - if you've gone through once and come back to try again, your glider isn't there, and 2) Iceconoclasm - you get an Ice Crystal spell instead of an Ice Wall spell. You need the Ice Wall spell to continue in that area.

My understanding is that Ben Spees is working on update now and that it should soon be posted for everyone to download. In the meantime - there's LOTS to play and a long way to go before you'll need them. Have fun!!

------------------

I have one more place to add to the list of places where sending in your game will help. In Western Reaches when you're supposed to get a blue key from the wounded Habnabit after giving him a health potion, I got a steel key instead (the silver ones). I sent in my game and got the key I needed.

Did anyone else have that problem? It seems from the posts on the board that everyone else got through the level without any problems.

------------------
-- Jeff

Thanks for the info! I have got to Iceconoclasm and got the Ice Crystals so I'll problly send in my game soon. By the way what's Ben's email? Thanks again 🙂

Furhyde wrote:
Thanks for the info! I have got to Iceconoclasm and got the Ice Crystals so I'll problly send in my game soon. By the way what's Ben's email? Thanks again:)

The only fix that is automated so far is the Ice Crystal/Ice Wall switch. If Ben has fixed any other problems in a saved game, then he had to go in and fix it by hand for you. Now, Ben is a nice guy, and he'll probably do it for all who ask, but let's try and let Ben occupy his time on the update. 🙂 You can send any saved games with the ice crystal/ice wall spells reversed to my address help@ambrosiasw.com I can fix it for you also.

There is also an issue with objects not being where they are supposed to be in saved game files. If you go to a saved game from a previous level, you should be able to get the missing object.
------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

(This message has been edited by David Dunham (edited 03-17-2000).)

I sent my game to Ben because the statue spell dissapeared on me! And I've been avoiding the ice levels because I don't want to bother with the hassle of sending my game to Ben, and then waiting for it to appear again in my inbox.

------------------
Think Different.

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

I sent a game to Ben way last month, because nothing I did would get me the V-Blade (I think that was the one). However, while I spent days waiting to get my game back (which never happened, actually), I finally started over again completely, and I did end up getting it (the spell). I then e-mailed Ben, and he e-mailed back, saying he was glad I got the spell, but that he didn't mind fixing the games, because it only takes a short time. Of course, that didn't answer the question why I hadn't received a fixed game file back, in about five days...

Anyway, I'm still waiting to finish iceconoclasm, rather than send in my game file and have it fixed, because I'd rather just start over when the total fix comes out. There are some things I want to go back and invesitage in other levels, once I have the ice wall spell. And I want to see what effect the fixing of all the glitches has on the total gameplay.

I'm looking forward to being able to download the update REAL soon!

------------------

lindawing wrote:
**I sent a game to Ben way last month, because nothing I did would get me the V-Blade (I think that was the one). However, while I spent days waiting to get my game back (which never happened, actually), I finally started over again completely, and I did end up getting it (the spell). I then e-mailed Ben, and he e-mailed back, saying he was glad I got the spell, but that he didn't mind fixing the games, because it only takes a short time. Of course, that didn't answer the question why I hadn't received a fixed game file back, in about five days...

Ben posted elsewhere on this board that he got behind on the emails and he apologized for that. I know it's frustrating, but he does have a great deal to do right now. David Dunham has offered to help fix the games as well, so perhaps we should be sending those games to him now. 🙂 (So says me who has been bugging the absolute stuffing out of Ben lately.)

---Zelda