Ice Crystal spell and exiting Iceconclasm

Being stuck in the Iceconclasm level and seeing no way to pass beyond a spikey wall, I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing. Should the ice crystal spell help me up these spiked walls? Am I doing something wrong?

Clueless as Usual,

AM

Nah, the ice crystal spell is really quite useless, except for killing things. That's a bug in the game -- you should have gotten the ice wall spell instead. Email your saved game to Ben and he'll fix it, just like he fixed mine; or you can just wait for the promised update, I suppose.

------------------

Thank you, Rilla! It's good knowing it's not something wrong that I'm doing, for once 😛

Can I ask another question please? Regarding the place where the ice crystals spell is: you have to squeeze under several spikey walls; is there a way to do this without taking too much damage? Going in isn't quite as bad since there is a nearby invincibility shield. But then afterwards...yeoch!

Also, in the snow, under the invincibility shield, there is another goodie I want to reach...is that reachable beyond that area?

Hints or spoilers welcome 😉

Prolifically clueless,

AM

Amorisse wrote:
Can I ask another question please? Regarding the place where the ice crystals spell is: you have to squeeze under several spikey walls; is there a way to do this without taking too much damage? Going in isn't quite as bad since there is a nearby invincibility shield. But then afterwards...yeoch!

First, only try to go under one column of spikes at a time. When you are on the outsides (i.e. column only on one side of you), just get a little running start and slide under the first column. Then back up (carefully :)) as close to the spike wall as you can. Then hold down the speed key, run for a second towards the column you need to get under, then duck to slide under. Using the speed key gives you enough additional momentum to slide just past the next column. If you don't use the speed key, you're likely to end up sliding to directly under the column and then when you stand you're in the spikes.

With a little practice and patience you can use this method and not get any damage. Good luck!

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

Hey people, how do i find the silver key in the iconocococooclasm level? I have managed my way up with Ice Wall to the teleport just to find out I need a silver key which eludes me to date.....

------------------
- GUMfire

Ereid wrote:

With a little practice and patience you can use this method and not get any damage. Good luck!

Thank you, Elizabeth. I suppose I must just practice more. Until then, I'll blame my computer. Yeah, that's it. It's my computer's fault.

Everything is my computer's fault. I blame El Nino on my computer. I guess that's why it always crashes my programs... I mean, an access fault exception? I think we can see right through that one. Obviously it's the computer, not my code. :rolleyes:

------------------

(This message has been edited by Rilla (edited 02-15-2000).)

where IS the Ice Wall spell, anyway?

------------------

Si wrote:
**where IS the Ice Wall spell, anyway?

The ice wall spell is supposed to be in Iceconclasm...
SPOILER-TYPE HINT:
...get invincibility shield found near beginning, head east by riding up a couple spiked balls of ice and continue as far east as can go, then under more spikey walls, down...etc.

Sometimes, by some quirk, the ice crystal spell is there instead. Tech support or Ben can help with that, or you can wait for the update.

------------------
"Life is like a chocolate chip cookie."
-Snoopy

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-29-2000).)

GUMfire wrote:
**Hey people, how do i find the silver key in the iconocococooclasm level? I have managed my way up with Ice Wall to the teleport just to find out I need a silver key which eludes me to date.....

How did you get icewall?!?!

I can only get the lousy Ice crystals

------------------

Blackdog wrote:
**How did you get icewall?!?!

I can only get the lousy Ice crystals

It's a bug. You have to send your saved game to Ben in order to get the correct spell.

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**It's a bug. You have to send your saved game to Ben in order to get the correct spell.

---Zelda**

Yeah, I know that, but I sent my game to Ben a week ago! :mad:

------------------