How do I get to Purple Haze?

Hey, anyone know how to reach the Purple Haze level from Obfuscation and Edifacation?

------------------

Sure.

SPOILER ALERT!
About midway into the level is a vertical drop with a yellow elevator platform. Once you're at the bottom, to the right is a long acid pool over which is a path that crumbles as you walk on it. There are more crumbly platforms above you. Go up those platforms till you find something stable with a teleporter. That takes you into a room with mushrooms and Xichrons. Blast through the right wall with fire seeds. Although I don't think there's a door there, it acts like one -- use the "up" key and you'll end up in another secret room. You should be able to find it from there.

Don't forget the plaque...

"Welcome to the secret level. All who pass through here are sworn to secrecy! Reading of this notice constitutes agreement to this legally binding contract! We also get your children and home."

Nice going, buddy 😉

------------------
"I don't say yes or no, more like the other way around"

Ankh Starrunner, The Diamond Blaster

Thanks LT! 🙂

------------------

I got there a different way...interesting 😄

-whitedog

------------------
Time ain't money when all you got is time

By jumping into the second acid pool right before the locked door? That's how I did it at first, too. I accidentally found the exit down there in the demo, and sure enough, it works in the full version! 🙂

------------------

LT wrote:
**Sure.

SPOILER ALERT!
About midway into the level is a vertical drop with a yellow elevator platform. Once you're at the bottom, to the right is a long acid pool over which is a path that crumbles as you walk on it. There are more crumbly platforms above you. Go up those platforms till you find something stable with a teleporter. That takes you into a room with mushrooms and Xichrons. Blast through the right wall with fire seeds. Although I don't think there's a door there, it acts like one -- use the "up" key and you'll end up in another secret room. You should be able to find it from there.**

The wall in the mushroom room? My fire seeds won't work on it.

------------------

Rilla wrote:
**By jumping into the second acid pool right before the locked door? That's how I did it at first, too. I accidentally found the exit down there in the demo, and sure enough, it works in the full version!:)

yep, that's how I did it.

also found what might be a bug...when I went to Purple Haze before leaving O&E; via the "regular route", and then went back and ran thru it again, leaving via the obvious Eastern exit, the Labyrinth level didn't show up. odd.

-whitedog

------------------
Time ain't money when all you got is time

(This message has been edited by Whitedog (edited 03-07-2000).)

Blackdog wrote:
**The wall in the mushroom room? My fire seeds won't work on it.

There's a small ledge on the east side of the rooms with the bouncing mushrooms. Jump up onto this ledge and then toss your fireseeds at the wall.

---Zelda

It's not through the room from that teleporter above the crumbling stone steps... or if it is, I didn't get there that way. Nor did I get there by going through the acid... (maybe there are several ways in?)

But there is a place that looks like it can be blasted through, and it is by bouncy mushrooms, and you do need fire seeds...

That's all I'm saying since I did take the silly secrecy oath. Hehe. Meanwhile, I urge deletion of all these posts 😄

lisette@sweetness.com

------------------
"Life is like a chocolate chip cookie."
-Snoopy

Well, my post above is indeed wrong. It's in the OTHER mushroom room. Sorry. Hopefully, Blackdog, you figured this out when you got to the second mushroom room, which is to the right of the purple pool with the grave marker.

LT

Ankh Starrunner wrote:
**Don't forget the plaque...

"Welcome to the secret level. All who pass through here are sworn to secrecy! Reading of this notice constitutes agreement to this legally binding contract! We also get your children and home."

Nice going, buddy 😉

Well . . . I didn't give away the secret of Purple Haze, but I did find it by reading these posts. Does that mean I have to give up my daughter Ben? If you give me an address, I'll ship her right out! You'll like her -- she's going through the "terrible two's"! 😉

Nif

------------------
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

LT wrote:
**Well, my post above is indeed wrong. It's in the OTHER mushroom room. Sorry. Hopefully, Blackdog, you figured this out when you got to the second mushroom room, which is to the right of the purple pool with the grave marker.

LT**

I couldn't get to it from there. The fire seeds did a little bit of damage to the wall, but never led me anywhere. Hmmm . . .

Nif

------------------

MissNif wrote:
**I couldn't get to it from there. The fire seeds did a little bit of damage to the wall, but never led me anywhere. Hmmm . . .

Nif

You won't see anything except some little ledges. But go to the end and press the up key just as if you saw a tunnel door there. You'll make it. 🙂

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**You won't see anything except some little ledges. But go to the end and press the up key just as if you saw a tunnel door there. You'll make it.:)

---Zelda**

Thanks . . . I'll try it that way. I thought those little ledges looked suspicious, but I couldn't figure it out. I have gotten to it a different way though.

Nif

------------------