Lost in the Labyrinth

I cannot find the exit in this game!! I keep going around and around in circles...finding teleporters that send me nowhere, and getting killed a LOT. Right now I'm at the save where the power up and the invincibility shield are. Someone told me that I was getting close to the exit here. But for the life of me..I can't seem to find it. I found the lake with the piranahas..but where do you go from there? I tried to go up and right, but that leads through a huge lake and up to a teleporter. It's another dead end. If someone's finished this level, I would appreciate any clue you could give at all. I know you won't be able to give me step by step instructions. I mean, if you could I'll take them. 🙂

---Zelda

From the pirahna pools, head straignt up. You will find a vertical tunnel with two horizontal tunnels crossing it (you will be in the SW corner of this little formation). There are Xirchons in the intersections of these tunnels. Take the bottom right passage, past a sword and down past two floating spiked mace balls.

Now go down and left. You will see some goodies (I forget what kind; multicrystals?), and a little investigation will bring you to your next save point. Be careful to avoid the cannons! Hopping in some of these will slow you down, and others will put you way back toward the start of the level. You should see a pool of ziridium brine tempting you to the SE of the screen, out of your reach.

After you get to this point, there really aren't any decisions to make. When you get very near the end you'll see a flying carpet. You're on the right track at this point.

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

JonBob wrote:
**From the pirahna pools, head straignt up. You will find a vertical tunnel with two horizontal tunnels crossing it (you will be in the SW corner of this little formation). There are Xirchons in the intersections of these tunnels. Take the bottom right passage, past a sword and down past two floating spiked mace balls.

Now go down and left. You will see some goodies (I forget what kind; multicrystals?), and a little investigation will bring you to your next save point. Be careful to avoid the cannons! Hopping in some of these will slow you down, and others will put you way back toward the start of the level. You should see a pool of ziridium brine tempting you to the SE of the screen, out of your reach.

After you get to this point, there really aren't any decisions to make. When you get very near the end you'll see a flying carpet. You're on the right track at this point.

Whoa, whoa - I think his problem of going in circles starts way before the pirahna pool. Anything after that is easy; before that is impossible.

Best thing to prescribe is the worst thing to prescribe: follow the law of mazes. According to it, following one side continuously will eventually lead you to the end. However, with the known lack of torches and the like, I feel your pain. 🙂 Try mapping your course and updating it every pathway.

And something that took me forever to realize: sometimes there are secret up passages, too. 🙂

------------------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"
-Dr. Strangelove
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Will Oram

JonBob! You're my new best friend! Not only did you get me out but you found me health too! You is so cool! In other words..thanks very muchly. 🙂 It was so silly, I just missed that obvious bottom right passage, but I thought if I started to go down that I was getting off the path. I did have a little trouble with that flying carpet towards the end though. I could not get it to move. I restarted from my last save two times and it finally worked. Was there something special that I did to it that I'm not aware of? Or do you think it's a bug?

Spamguy..thanks for responding as well. Mapping it out was also good advice and if JonBob hadn't taken me by the hand and led me out step by step, I'm think that your method would have worked. And I'm a she. 🙂

---Zelda

I couldn't get the carpet to work the first time, either. After a restart, I went back to it, frustrated, and it worked! I think what I did different, was slip and have to CLIMB up the side of the block and climb up over the edge of the carpet. The other time I just jumped to it, stomped around on it for a while, and it never would work. But when I climbed up and over the edge, it worked. That may not be the difference, but...

------------------

Gah, you got the flying carpet to work!? How? I painfully climbed up with the ice wall spell :frown:.

Kent Sutherland

------------------

GETTING THE CARPET TO WORK...

You DEFINITELY have to (carefully) jump on the floating "cloud" (as most people are calling them). It will keep passing you in FRONT of the block that the carpet is on, so you aren't going to fall into he acid if you do this. Then you can carefully (and LIGHTLY) jump to the SIDE of the block that the carpet is on. Then you simply use the "up" key to climb onto the carpet. Let go of all the keys, and then start going up by using the up key. Just be sure you slow up (as opposed to slow down, since you're heading upwards--hee hee) and trigger the arrows before you try to go past the crossbows!

WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW, though, is how you go the Ice Wall Spell???!!! From everything I've read, there's a glitch that gives you the wrong thing. Also, WHERE did you get it, because I could sure use it!!!

Linda

------------------

The Ice Wall Spell is in Iceconoclasm, which is the level after Flash Freeze. Some people have gotten where the spell is supposed to be, but got the Ice Crystal Spell instead. If you got the Ice Crystal spell instead of the Ice Wall spell, you can send your saved game into Ambrosia and they'll fix it for you. But if you haven't already gotten the wrong spell, I think they'd appreciate it if you hold off on Iceconoclasm until the update comes out. Which I hope will be soon 🙂

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

lindawing wrote:
**GETTING THE CARPET TO WORK...

You DEFINITELY have to (carefully) jump on the floating "cloud" (as most people are calling them). It will keep passing you in FRONT of the block that the carpet is on, so you aren't going to fall into he acid if you do this. Then you can carefully (and LIGHTLY) jump to the SIDE of the block that the carpet is on. Then you simply use the "up" key to climb onto the carpet. Let go of all the keys, and then start going up by using the up key. Just be sure you slow up (as opposed to slow down, since you're heading upwards--hee hee) and trigger the arrows before you try to go past the crossbows!
Linda

Acck..I dunno if that's really the key, Linda. I remember climbing up on the wall to the west of the carpet and jumping down on it the time I got it to work.I guess if it doesn't work for you, you just have to go back to a previous save.

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**I cannot find the exit in this game!! I keep going around and around in circles...finding teleporters that send me nowhere, and getting killed a LOT. Right now I'm at the save where the power up and the invincibility shield are. Someone told me that I was getting close to the exit here. But for the life of me..I can't seem to find it. I found the lake with the piranahas..but where do you go from there? I tried to go up and right, but that leads through a huge lake and up to a teleporter. It's another dead end. If someone's finished this level, I would appreciate any clue you could give at all. I know you won't be able to give me step by step instructions. I mean, if you could I'll take them.:)

---Zelda**

Basically, "me too" - I've been stuck in the Labyrinth for a while now. I've covered a section of it pretty thoroughly, but haven't gotten to/past the "spinning swords" that you can see above you when you are in part of the level. Help. 🙂

------------------

I'm thinking that the best way to help you get through The Labyrinth, if anyone is still stuck there, would be some screen shots of the way out. Would that help?

I have saved games at every point near the end of that maze, and would be glad to compile some shots to send by e-mail for anyone who is absolutely stumped there.

Linda

------------------

I found a bug that helps you get the carpet to work even quicker. Hopefully it'll work for a while until they fix it, but if you use the tree trunk spell on the area where the carpet is, it forces the carpet to be activated.

Peace

h2oeco wrote:
**Basically, "me too" - I've been stuck in the Labyrinth for a while now. I've covered a section of it pretty thoroughly, but haven't gotten to/past the "spinning swords" that you can see above you when you are in part of the level. Help. 🙂

If you want a walk-through, just let me know. Actually, I wrote one up, but I entered my password wrong or something and was sent back to a blank page (whimper). But I can give detailed directions for the asking 🙂

Just post here again or send an email to lisette@sweetness.com

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-18-2000).)

Amorisse wrote:
**If you want a walk-through, just let me know. Actually, I wrote one up, but I entered my password wrong or something and was sent back to a blank page (whimper). But I can give detailed directions for the asking:)

Just post here again or send an email to lisette@sweetness.com

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-18-2000).)**

Amorisse- A little help wouldn't hurt - but not too much help - you can probablytell roughly where I am from my post above... Thanks.

h2oeco

h2oeco wrote:
Amorisse- A little help wouldn't hurt - but not too much help - you can probablytell roughly where I am from my post above... Thanks.

h2oeco**

There are several spots with swinging knifes, and some are entirely the wrong side of the labyrinth. Hmmm. But you've gone past that one save point by acid and up to the six boxes, speed power-up, knife-thrower and sand? If you haven't, go that way...have you found the high jump boots yet? You need to go that way...

Some places you can blast through the wall. Find a place where you can blast through by an arrow, and go through... If you go past a place where you have to go down, up, down, up, and down again all while dodging mace balls, you're in the right direction.

If you want more hints or more specifics, let me know. I don't want to give more than you want until you say so. Since I can't get beyond Parched Earth, I've been redoing Labyrinth quite often 😄 (Almost an expert at it. Wish I could get that good at the other levels.)

Good luck and have fun!

lisette@sweetness.com