Another Flash Freeze question

I made it through Flash Freeze and have been going back to get the things I missed, now that I have the ice pick. However, I am out of fireseeds, and the merchant in Iceconoclasm sells me escape rings instead of fireseeds (I realize this is a known bug).

Is there any other way to get the buried multicrystal toward the beginning of Flash Freeze? Or, do I just wait for the update? Thanks.

Cathy

------------------

cats wrote:
Is there any other way to get the buried multicrystal toward the beginning of Flash Freeze? Or, do I just wait for the update?

Even if you have fireseeds you can't make the hole big enough to get through. I reported that one...but somebody else once posted that if you jump at the hole just the right way you can get through it. I tried for quite awhile but couldn't figure out the special way to jump through it. So I gave it up as a bug. We'll see. 🙂

---Zelda

Thanks, Zelda - I'll quit trying to "squeeze through". I also tried to "duck" through using various useless key combinations.

Cathy

------------------

I made it through. If I of all people can do it, you can, too. I think I spin-jumped and ran, or ran and spin-jumped.

Amorisse wrote:
I made it through. If I of all people can do it, you can, too. I think I spin-jumped and ran, or ran and spin-jumped.

Amorisse,
I remember spin jumping to get the first crystal, you can spin jump somehow and get the second as well? Shoot, I may have to go back and work on that some more.

---Zelda

Amorisse wrote:

I thought I had tried spin-jumping in every possible location. I did spin-jimp to get down to get the first item, but I can't get all the way over to the right to get the multicrystal.

I'll go try more spin-jumping.

Thanks.

Cathy

------------------

cats wrote:
**I thought I had tried spin-jumping in every possible location. I did spin-jimp to get down to get the first item, but I can't get all the way over to the right to get the multicrystal.

I'll go try more spin-jumping.

Thanks.

Cathy

No no no, children children. The art of "gettingthesecondcrystal" is this:

First spin jump down to the first crystal, then shoot at the wall so there is a path, more or less, now RUN from the left side of the well u created, and as u hit the small area, duck. It takes a few tries but it works. now get the second crystal and come back, the way to do it this time needs spin jumping, press left and spin jump, takes a few tries aswell, but works.

------------------
- GUMfire

GUMfire wrote:
**No no no, children children. The art of "gettingthesecondcrystal" is this:

First spin jump down to the first crystal, then shoot at the wall so there is a path, more or less, now RUN from the left side of the well u created, and as u hit the small area, duck. It takes a few tries but it works. now get the second crystal and come back, the way to do it this time needs spin jumping, press left and spin jump, takes a few tries aswell, but works.

Yeah, that's it! That's the ticket. Hehe. Well, I knew I did something like that...Anyhow, that cute little Ferazel fellow can make it through that tiny crack. Maybe I didn't describe it so well..but at least I didn't say it was a secret that I couldn't share! 😛 Oh wait...yeah, that's it. It's a secret, see. yeah. a secret...(babble)

------------------

GUMfire wrote:
**No no no, children children. The art of "gettingthesecondcrystal" is this:

Well..I went back to try this again. I ran towards then hole then I ducked. Nothing happened. You can't slide in this area because there's no ice. So if you duck, you stop!!! It turns out that the spinjump is what you need to do after all. Hit the run key and as soon as you get over to the area hit the down and jump key (which we all know is supposed to be "spinjump") for whatever reason, this works. You jump right down into the hole. Worked the first time I tried it. I would have NEVER thought of doing that. I just assumed it was a bug. Silly me. 🙂 I didn't use the spinjump to get back either. I just walked up to the ledge and jumped on it. I think I may have used a little bit of a running start. Because you don't want to have Ferazel try to climb the ledge...you won't get anywhere.

---Zelda

Whew! I was right for once. Maybe I do know what I'm doing afterall. Or, I could be wrong.

Thanks for testing it again, Zelda!

By the way, does anyone know if zir. seeds (the little blue versions of the fire seeds) do anything particularly special?

Zelda wrote:
It turns out that the spinjump is what you need to do after all. Hit the run key and as soon as you get over to the area hit the down and jump key (which we all know is supposed to be "spinjump") for whatever reason, this works. You jump right down into the hole. Worked the first time I tried it. I would have NEVER thought of doing that. <snip>
---Zelda
(/B)

I had tried that before and I went back and tried it 20-30 times and made it. Of course, I then got killed. When I tried to do the same thing again, I must have tried well over 100 times and never got through the little hole. Grrrr.

Cathy

------------------

I got through there the first time I was playing, but didn't even try on the second time around. Now that I see your posts, I think I'll go ahead and SAVE both of those crystals, because it looks like I may need them later...IF i can ever get past those HUGE jumps not too far from there!

Linda

------------------

Cats, to get into the little room with the second crystal, you should run directly at the opening and duck while holding right. If you time it correctly, you will be halfway through while ducking. Standing up will then cause you to pop through to the other side. I was one of the first people on this list to post how to do this (possibly the actual first) and it's worked several times for me. It's just the "getttingbackthroughthelittleholeandintothenormalworld" part that sometimes gets me. 🙂

------------------

Gick wrote:
**Cats, to get into the little room with the second crystal, you should run directly at the opening and duck while holding right. If you time it correctly, you will be halfway through while ducking. Standing up will then cause you to pop through to the other side. I was one of the first people on this list to post how to do this (possibly the actual first) and it's worked several times for me. It's just the "getttingbackthroughthelittleholeandintothenormalworld" part that sometimes gets me.:)

I wish I could make this work. I have tried this hundreds of times - I got through once. I have tried both the run/duck method and the run/spin-jump method.
I will leave it and come back to it. I'm going on vacation for two weeks so I'll get a little break from the game.

Thanks-

Cathy

------------------