Res Necklace in Labyrinth

I KNOW I've seen the answer to this before (because I used it in a previous game), but can anyone tell me how to get that res necklace in the Labyrinth? I've been working through a "save and quit" game and documenting for myself how I got what, and for the life of me, I can't think how in the world I ever got that res necklace the first time (but I know I did!).

Help!

------------------

Lindawing, although someone else could probably explain it better than me, I'll try. Not far from where you find Dimbo, in a northish direction, you'll see a room that's not quite square (wish I could remember those geometry terms now). Three knife-throwing goblins occupy the room. You can sometimes see them from another part of the maze. Regardless, it's a bit north-west of the middle of the labyrinth, if I recall correctly. (With all the running around in circles I did in that level, sometimes it's hard to keep track. But I'm trying to remember so I can go back and do that level again someday.)

Anyhow, at the bottom of one part of the room is a narrow pool of green acid. A gold cloud 'elevator' floats above the pool. The rez necklace is supposed to be on that cloud, but sometimes one of those darn goblins knocks it off, causing it to fall into the acid where you have to go to retrieve it. Anyhow, on the west side of this room, under the niche, you can fire at the lower west wall to break it. When you break through, battle the goblins then get the necklace. 🙂

Thanks, Amorisse!

Actually, by the time I got back online tonight, I had FINALLY remembered where to find the darned thing. I knew I was going to need it before I got out of the Labyrinth, and I did.

I did end up getting out in better shape than I had the first time, and at least I did all the Dimbo/Nimbo stuff the right way.

Now I'm back at my dead end in Flash Freeze #@^%$#&%$&^%%* (those aren't swear words--just frustration marks!!!) 🙂

I cannot figure out ANY way to get my fingers to make the express combinations of quick moves that will get me either up over the cliff in the middle of Storm Valley or over those large gaps in Flash Freeze.

I keep wishing I had the Ice Wall Spell, but even if that bug wasn't still there, I don't think I could ever get TO it, because I can't advance from Flash Freeze!

I HAVE been trying Parched Earth, and I may be able to get through and go on to other things from there. I probably won't have time to play any more until Thursday night, now.

Thanks again for your help.

------------------

lindawing wrote:
I cannot figure out ANY way to get my fingers to make the express combinations of quick moves that will get me either up over the cliff in the middle of Storm Valley or over those large gaps in Flash Freeze.

Heh, those pillars are easy pie, I made them in my first try. And now I even have a tactic for those, since i needed the ice pecker.

First, grab the speed upgrade, then jump to the first pillar, now, from the left side of the pillar start running, then in the MIDDLE or BEFORE, you JUMP! This makes bangfraggit or whatever he is called jump to the side of the next pillar, where u can hang on and climb up, and do the same thing again. works very well.

------------------
- GUMfire

GUMfire wrote:
Heh, those pillars are easy pie, I made them in my first try. And now I even have a tactic for those, since i needed the ice pecker.

First, grab the speed upgrade, then jump to the first pillar, now, from the left side of the pillar start running, then in the MIDDLE or BEFORE, you JUMP! This makes bangfraggit or whatever he is called jump to the side of the next pillar, where u can hang on and climb up, and do the same thing again. works very well.

BTW, his name is Ferazel and he's a habnabit.
Although I guess a bangfraggit could be a relative 🙂

-Elizabeth

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

(This message has been edited by Ereid (edited 02-16-2000).)

I just found out about the speed powerup yesterday. Haven't had a change to go back and get it. I caught a glimpse of it several days ago, but then couldn't find it again, so I asked about it, and someone (Cathy, I think, but maybe Zelda, or maybe AM...or :)...) told me where it's located. Of course it's right there where it's needed (ddduuuuuuhhhh!).

I'm going back in there tonight to get that powerup and proceed, and I'm also gonna use my gamepad!!!

Linda

------------------