Larger boxes

Has anyone found a way to open the larger boxes that you find in some levels? There are 2 in one of the demo levels, and then I've found some more in the room where you get the ice pick in Flash Freeze. And while I'm asking, how about the barrels? Can you open them? I'm glad to see that there are so many people who love (obsess about) this game as much as I do. 😄

Thanks

Whitedog

------------------

I haven't yet found a way to open those boxes, but I am also only at Flash Freeze, and I can't even get to the ice pick. I keep falling in the pit where one has to fast jump from one little platform to another. Oh, if there were only a SAVE after the spot where you have you have to cross the freezing water on the little snow pillow and duck the maces!

I assumed the barrels could not be opened - I thought the barrels were the containers that the merchants use to store their wares.

Cathy

------------------

cats wrote:
**I keep falling in the pit where one has to fast jump from one little platform to another. Oh, if there were only a SAVE after the spot where you have you have to cross the freezing water on the little snow pillow and duck the maces!

You too, eh? I've been stuck in that area for some time now, always dying to one silly misstep, and wishing there was a save-point somewhere nearby as I start back at the beginning again. sigh

Just before Ferazel picks up the "speed" powerup, there's a ledge he can jump up to that looks perfect for a save point...

------------------

Whitedog wrote:
**Has anyone found a way to open the larger boxes that you find in some levels? There are 2 in one of the demo levels, and then I've found some more in the room where you get the ice pick in Flash Freeze. And while I'm asking, how about the barrels? Can you open them? I'm glad to see that there are so many people who love (obsess about) this game as much as I do.:D

Thanks

Whitedog

The boxes and barrels seem to be just "atmosphere" for the merchants. 🙂 I'm pretty sure there's no way to actually open them. If you notice, the boxes in the Obsfuscation and Edification level are of the same type. I don't think they're coming open.

---Zelda

Zelda is correct. The large boxes are just scenery. Sorry for the confusion.

-Ben

------------------

🙂 No confusion on the boxes. I think where we got misled was in Obfuscation and Edification ... Just after the first locked door, there is the hall of spikes, the one with the middle spikey shelf that needs to be fireballed before you can ride the tricycle. Anyhow, midway through that hall, as you know, you can climb up and explore a room to the east and one to the west. But these rooms are empty. Empty but for table and chair, and boxes.

Most of us, I suppose, felt we had just come across "BIG Time Treasure" when we first found that room. If anyone was like me, he or she spent a good part of an hour (well, maybe not so long) trying to figure out what special treats where to be found there.

<pokes> You're sneaky folk, you game maker-uppers. 😛

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-14-2000).)

Yeah, I did that too, Amorisse. I felt really cheated when I couldn't find anything special! 🙂

------------------

Actually, I wondered if I had another problem with the game! But I had been going along really well and getting all the spells, etc., so I decided they were just scenery, as you all have said (thanks, Ben, for enlightening us).

------------------