Ferazel demo keeps crashing. . .

I don't know if this problem is fixed in the latest version, but on my iMac 233 (original model), whenever I switch out of Ferazel into the Finder, it seems to crash half the time. The other half the time I get out of memory error (of course, I only have 32 megs. . .)Help me!

------------------
ColdFusion

I'm waiting for the day when "this side up" arrows appear on grocery bags.

ColdFusion wrote:
**I don't know if this problem is fixed in the latest version, but on my iMac 233 (original model), whenever I switch out of Ferazel into the Finder, it seems to crash half the time. The other half the time I get out of memory error (of course, I only have 32 megs. . .)Help me!

The 32 MB memopry may be a problem. Did you try disabling the extensions, etc., that you don't need to play the game and creating a minimum extension set to use only when playing. That might free up some memory.

Did you get the patch for the demo (you don't need it if you downloaded it from the Ambrosia site). If you need it, I got the patch at versiontracker.com.

Cathy

------------------

For sure that 32 MB isn't enough. Look at what the OS needs all by itself! Then Ferazel needs about 20 MB. So there you are. Even disabling extensions may still leave you with marginal memory.
I added 16 MB to the 32 MB installed in the 6300 I'm using (OS 8.6) and finally could run the demo and the full game with no problems. Well worth it!!

Grandalf

------------------

Or just turn on virtual memory. I'm using VM and haven't seen significant slowdowns with Ferazel.

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber