Hint or Spoiler Request

Any help with Labyrinth please? There are so few save points where I need them. I've gotten as far as the pink heart (health power-up) but then couldn't find a save point, so I'm not sure I can get back there. Ack, I'm going in circles! And getting flailed by those spikey things at every turn!

And in Unemployed in Greenland, I could see a shadow double power-up or something in the ground when I was in that underground chamber with the purple ziridium and gyser, etc. I've looked all over but can't find a way to reach it from all parts of the level. I know I must've missed a room or area somehow because I could find only 80% of the secrets.

And in Eastern Reaches, I really went EVERYWHERE but could only get 94%.

Thanks!

AM

(Yes, I'm obsessing on secrets now because I have no chance of going further in flash freeze...I can't do that kind of fancy work and timing).

Amorisse wrote:
**Any help with Labyrinth please? There are so few save points where I need them. I've gotten as far as the pink heart (health power-up) but then couldn't find a save point, so I'm not sure I can get back there. Ack, I'm going in circles! And getting flailed by those spikey things at every turn!

And in Unemployed in Greenland, I could see a shadow double power-up or something in the ground when I was in that underground chamber with the purple ziridium and gyser, etc. I've looked all over but can't find a way to reach it from all parts of the level. I know I must've missed a room or area somehow because I could find only 80% of the secrets.

And in Eastern Reaches, I really went EVERYWHERE but could only get 94%.

Thanks!**

I can only get 94% in Eastern Reaches as well..I'm extremely curious to learn if anyone could get 100%.

I can't help in Labyrinth...I never found the heartstone. I suck in that level!!

As for Unemployed in Greenland...Climb trees in the beginning of the level, (before you run past the tree with the big mace swinging around it) you should see some sparkly air...try jumping into it and riding it up.

---Zelda

I finally made it through Labyrinth, but came out with only a very small percentage of everything (sigh). I know the time I made it through, I never did fine one save point that I had found before. I wore out some of the paths to several pools of ziridium, and learned real quickly to stay AWAY from the one that has the "spikey thing" swinging through it all the time. I got my timing down pretty well going up and down those walls. I never did find out how to get to the res necklace, but I DID get the heart. That one was fairly easy, because if you go back the way you came, and keep going to the right for a while, you will eventually find a REALLY handy pool of ziridium that you can fairly easily keep going back to as often as you need it until you can get to he next save point. Honest! It will take some repetitive moves (many of them, believe me), but it can be done. If I could do it, ANYONE can! 🙂

I defeated the wizard after The Labyrinth (can't think of his name) pretty easily. It just takes a lot of hopping and evading and letting the rocks fall, but not on you!

Now I'm trying to get through Flash Freeze...oh boy!

------------------

Amorisse wrote:
**And in Eastern Reaches, I really went EVERYWHERE but could only get 94%.

Is Eastern Reaches the level with the 3 or 4 pendulum platforms near the end? If I'm thinking of the right level, I can't recall what percent I got, but I can think of a secret that you might have missed. Where the pendulum platforms are, walk off the edge and grab onto the wall. Climb down and you should see what I mean.

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

Ereid wrote:
**Is Eastern Reaches the level with the 3 or 4 pendulum platforms near the end? If I'm thinking of the right level, I can't recall what percent I got, but I can think of a secret that you might have missed. Where the pendulum platforms are, walk off the edge and grab onto the wall. Climb down and you should see what I mean.

I for one did that...both sides even. 🙂 I still only have 94%. I finally moved on...but I'm terribly curious to see what I missed.

---Zelda

I have to echo the sentiment. 94% is the best I can do. And I have 100% on both enemies and Xichrons. One place that looks suspicious for that missing 6% is a random pipe stuck halfway through the level. As I recall, it is immediately to the right of the character who tells you about Statue. The pipe looks like it should shoot out rocks, but I can't find a button or switch anywhere to turn it on. Anyone have luck operating this device?

------------------
--JB

"Miren al pepino. Que suaves movimentos. Es como montequilla en un chango pelon." -- Larry the Cucumber

JonBob wrote:
**(A) random pipe stuck halfway through the level (looks suspicious). As I recall, it is immediately to the right of the character who tells you about Statue. The pipe looks like it should shoot out rocks, but I can't find a button or switch anywhere to turn it on. Anyone have luck operating this device?

No luck with that... and I tried shooting at it, everything I could think of. Maybe it's there just to annoy us? 😛

Hmm, it just occured to me...perhaps at the end, when we "turn" on those other pipes, that one turns on, too? Well, it seems unlikely, so I don't think I'll go check.

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 02-09-2000).)

:::sigh::: I tried that too. I've been back there several times and I wondered if that stupid thing was supposed to shoot out a wall or something. I cannot figure it out.

---Zelda

I got 100% of enemies in this level, but not Xichrons or Secrets. :frown: I wish I could help with what you might have missed, so if anyone wants to send me a saved game or try to explain where you've gone I'd be more than willing to help. Maybe someone could tell me where some of those secrets are -- I think I only missed 1, but I'm not sure.

Nif

------------------
Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

MissNif wrote:
**I got 100% of enemies in this level, but not Xichrons or Secrets.:frown: I wish I could help with what you might have missed, so if anyone wants to send me a saved game or try to explain where you've gone I'd be more than willing to help. Maybe someone could tell me where some of those secrets are -- I think I only missed 1, but I'm not sure.

Well...the two tunnels at the bottom of the pit before the exit I think are probably the hardest secrets to find. Other than that..at the end of the level, over by the area with the four frogs and the smite ring, there's a small ledge that you can jump on and from there you can see several other ledges. If you run along them quickly (because they will crumble) you'll find a tunnel at the end of them.

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**Well...the two tunnels at the bottom of the pit before the exit I think are probably the hardest secrets to find. Other than that..at the end of the level, over by the area with the four frogs and the smite ring, there's a small ledge that you can jump on and from there you can see several other ledges. If you run along them quickly (because they will crumble) you'll find a tunnel at the end of them.

---Zelda**

Where is the pit before the exit? Right before the exit, if you fall, you fall into nothingness and die - don't you? I also only got 94% here and have been back through this level too many times to count. Same with Parched Earth. This is a very fun, but perhaps excessively frustrating, game. I sure would like to have the same life/magic full house that came with the demo!

Cathy

------------------

not sure it will help, but did you get BOTH of the doors in the pit mentioned above? there's one on the left and one on the right

------------------
"Sometimes I think that the surrest sign that there intellegent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
-GeX

cats wrote:
**Where is the pit before the exit? Right before the exit, if you fall, you fall into nothingness and die - don't you? I also only got 94% here and have been back through this level too many times to count.

Hmm...you haven't found these tunnels? On either side, step off and then quickly hit the button to grab the ledge. When done right, you'll cling to the ledge instead of falling to your death...then climb up and go into the tunnel. There's one on each side. If you haven't found these...then you should get 100% of the secrets easily. Then you have to tell us what else you've found. 🙂

---Zelda

lindawing wrote:
**I finally made it through Labyrinth, but came out with only a very small percentage of everything (sigh). I know the time I made it through, I never did fine one save point that I had found before. I wore out some of the paths to several pools of ziridium, and learned real quickly to stay AWAY from the one that has the "spikey thing" swinging through it all the time. I got my timing down pretty well going up and down those walls. I never did find out how to get to the res necklace, but I DID get the heart. That one was fairly easy, because if you go back the way you came, and keep going to the right for a while, you will eventually find a REALLY handy pool of ziridium that you can fairly easily keep going back to as often as you need it until you can get to he next save point. Honest! It will take some repetitive moves (many of them, believe me), but it can be done. If I could do it, ANYONE can!:)

I defeated the wizard after The Labyrinth (can't think of his name) pretty easily. It just takes a lot of hopping and evading and letting the rocks fall, but not on you!

Now I'm trying to get through Flash Freeze...oh boy!

Argh!
I've been stuck in the first layer of passageways for over an hour, and can't even find a way out! Fire seeds and fireballs haven't helped. Obviously some of you have succeeded. A tiny hint would be appreciated. 🙂
Thanks
Grandalf

------------------

Grandalf wrote:
**Argh!
I've been stuck in the first layer of passageways for over an hour, and can't even find a way out! Fire seeds and fireballs haven't helped. Obviously some of you have succeeded. A tiny hint would be appreciated. 🙂

The very first layer? You can jump up to the next passageways in a couple of the tunnels. Try jumping up when you're inside them.

---Zelda

Zelda wrote:
**The very first layer? You can jump up to the next passageways in a couple of the tunnels. Try jumping up when you're inside them.

---Zelda**

Thanks Zelda! I had actually tried that, but evidently in not enough tunnels to hit the right one.

Grandalf

------------------

Zelda wrote:
**Hmm...you haven't found these tunnels? On either side, step off and then quickly hit the button to grab the ledge. When done right, you'll cling to the ledge instead of falling to your death...then climb up and go into the tunnel. There's one on each side. If you haven't found these...then you should get 100% of the secrets easily. Then you have to tell us what else you've found.:)

---Zelda**

Well, I went back to make sure and I had already found both of those tunnels at the bottom of the pit. I also have 94% secrets. I have been through this darn level so many times - I just don't know where else to look.

Cathy

------------------