Shipping of the CD

posted 01-22-2000 03:36 AM

The CD's are being sent out on Wedn 1/26/2000.

Cheers,

Christopher

I've been scanning the message boards since last friday and haven't seen word about the full version. I ordered mine and received email confirmation at the beginning of last week. And ever since, we've been checking the mail and our doorstep with anticipation.

Any hints about not only when but how it will arrive? (Fed-Ex, standard USPS, or UPS?)

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 01-24-2000).)

:eek: Amorisse,

I had read a post (probably on Ambrosia's website) that stated there was a delay in the manufacture of the CD's and that they were projected to arrive at Ambrosia on 1/26/2000 (Wedn) and that they would be sent out immediately.

Ferazel's Wand CDs, Ambrosia CDs, Cythera Hint Books, and
Gift Certificate/CD Combos are generally delivered in 5-7 days
in North America and 7-10 days abroad; if delivery takes significantly
longer than this, it is probably due to delays in the post office.
If a week passes beyond our projected delivery date, and you haven't
heard from us, please contact us.

This was in an automated response I received after my order. Hope this helps! :eek:

~Christopher

------------------
Life is NOT measured by the years you
live but by the deeds you do and the joy
you giv

According to the local news outlets, here (in the Philadelphia, PA area), they're predicting anywhere from 8 to 18 inches of snow today, depending on where, in the city and its surrounding areas, you are.

Andrew, is it safe to say you guys are getting dumped on (snow-wise, that is), too?

If so, is it reasonable to say that this will delay the shipment of the CD?

------------------
"That's like people in Memphis trying to do the Polka." -- Tori Amos, on being served Texas-style steak fries while in Paris

Just listened to NPR, and it looks like NY is getting dumped on again. Many flights are being cancelled. This probably could affect shipping times, if they haven't shipped already.

------------------
"It is not depravity that afflicts the human race so much as a general lack of intelligence."

The automated response I got didn't make it clear whether the CDs were coming through Fed-Ex or regular mail. I'm curious to know because I have a P.O. Box and no street delivery by USPS.

I believe the CDs are being shipped via first class mail. I assume that you can get first class mail at a P.O. Box. I'd suggest you call (or email) Ambrosia and find out for sure how they're shipping, or if they haven't decided, be sure they know to use your P.O. Box for USPS but to use your street address for UPS or FedEx (since I don't think UPS or FedEx will ship to a P.O. Box).

------------------
Check out my Ferazel's Wand Player's Guide at (url="http://"http://employees.3gi.com/~ereid/ferazel")http://employees.3gi.../~ereid/ferazel(/url)

The first batch of CDs has arrived at the Ambrosia office! We're currently stuffing them into the mailers and with luck, all of the pre-orders will be shipped out today, the blizzard notwithstanding. The CDs are being sent by first class US Mail.

-Ben

------------------

Yay! Yay! Yay! Wooho! Yes! Yay!

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Just to confirm, we did ship all the preorders today, both domestic and international. With luck, you'll receive your copies in time to play over the weekend. 🙂

-Ben

Ben,

Thank you for the update... 🙂

~Christopher

------------------
Life is NOT measured by the years you
live but by the deeds you do and the joy
you giv

I assume the beta squadron will be among the receivers...?

------------------
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room!"
-Dr. Strangelove
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Will Oram

I don't have mine yet. Maybe a Fed-Ex option for us impatient types? (Who can trust the USPS to travel across tbe states through messy-weather and deliver to a very small town post office?)

😛

------------------

(This message has been edited by Amorisse (edited 01-31-2000).)