Additional levels?

after one has bought the game and all, would it be possible for them to add more levels? or, even better, would it be possible for us players to make levels?

--- Merlin+

Ooo! An edior for Ferazel! I always thought there would be one. I'm telepathic, really I am! 😉 According to my phycic powers, I say that there is one in progress, or that there is about to be one in progress. Am I right? Do my powers still serve me? I certainly hope so!

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

I don't know. Releasing a level editor for Ferazel, just doesn't seem right to me. We seem to be getting a little editor-happy here, don't we? :rolleyes: For campaign type games, like Ares, it is fine, but for Ferazel, it just doesn't work. The game has a definite storyline, and you have to go back and forth between levels. I just don't think it would work.

------------------
"It is not depravity that afflicts the human race so much as a general lack of intelligence."

(This message has been edited by Chrestomanci (edited 01-22-2000).)

This might be off-topic but...(please don't bop me for this ridiculous question) How do you put rolly-eyes smilies in a post? By accident I discovered the other smilies - didn't know about them before. Advance thanks for any hints you can share on that.

Amorisse wrote:
This might be off-topic but...(please don't bop me for this ridiculous question) How do you put rolly-eyes smilies in a post? By accident I discovered the other smilies - didn't know about them before. Advance thanks for any hints you can share on that.

Next time you go to post click the "Smilies Legend" link on the left. It'll give you a complete list of all the smilies. 😄

On the subject of a Ferazel editor, I agree with Chrestomanci. It'd be hard to add new levels to Ferazel's Wand without messing up the storyline, and I'd hate to see that happen. I also think the 23 levels of the full version will keep people busy for quite a while. 😉

(This message has been edited by Ereid (edited 01-23-2000).)

Actually, there is a Ferazel's Wand level editor. It's very similar to the Harry editor. So, you ask, "WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET IT?" 😄

The answer? It never got released. Basically, the Harry editor (Ferazel's editor looks and feels just like the Harry editor, albeit more complicated) wasn't a great success. Sure, there were a few add-on levels made, but in general... people found it too difficult to use.

And no, I won't give you a copy. That'd just be illegal 😛

-trilogy

YOU have a copy? What were you a beta tester?

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

ok, some of you are saying it would screw up the story line and stuff. read my first post, I ment AFTER one has done all the levels. Heck, just about any story line can have a sequel written in it. and if you think it's "bad karma" then don't use it, if one is made!

--- Merlin+

(This message has been edited by merlin (edited 01-23-2000).)

:redface: Ohh... Heh he! Thanks Elizabeth... And since we're already off-topic, I just noticed I went from scrub to veteran. Before that I was a junior member, which was sort of silly, but only because I'm bad and notice those double-entendres.

As for the additional levels: I haven't received my CD yet but I tend to agree that a level editor could be fun, but only if it's not overly quirky. Yet I also agree that if it would take time away from the game developers then it probably isn't a worth-while endeavor.