Confederation Storyline Help

QUOTE (Captain Zaphod Beeblebrox @ Mar 7 2010, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there any weapons in EVC that you can fire while cloaked?

No, that feature didn't even exist until EV Nova. The only variation in cloaking behaviour that the original engine allows is what colour the screen turns.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 6 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EVWeb, what's with the non-letter characters at the beginning of your posts? Something to do with the color change or something?

// Those are C style comments and define tags

Well, I figured that much, but I'm still not sure why they're there...

Zaphod, I think our fooling around may have come to an end now that we know at least one mod is keeping an eye on this topic. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Do you have any other questions regarding the game or the storylines?

Yeah, oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other questions regarding the storylines at all, although it's a little frustrating that other Rebel missions won't show up.

Does this mean that you can do both storylines over and over?

-K

Not quite. Defecting doesn't restart the storylines, and it doesn't lock you out of them, either. Even after you defect, you can still continue the other storyline just as long as you can get on good terms with them again.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 9 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite. Defecting doesn't restart the storylines, and it doesn't lock you out of them, either. Even after you defect, you can still continue the other storyline just as long as you can get on good terms with them again.

Idea! 😄

Make a plug consisting of a ginormous fleet of Pirates and make them appear in different parts of Confed (and Rebel) space so that you can kill them repeatedly and gain bonus points with everyone. :laugh:

Good idea! <insert 'thumbs up' emoticon> You should make it! 🙂

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 10 2010, 05:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good idea! <insert 'thumbs up' emoticon> You should make it! 🙂

Ha, you think I'm actually good at making plugins? :laugh:

Then again, with 5 minutes of research, I could easily make a plug-in that would create a mission (in either Spaceport Bar or Mission BBS) which would send a supermassive fleet of pirates just powerful enough to be a nuisance to me, yet not so powerful that it takes a fleet to kill them.

And to make it less cheatish, I'll make it so you have to have a battle rating to get the mission.

Now, any ideas as to how I could make it so government ships don't attack the pirates? And should it be Mission BBS or Spaceport Bar? Or some other method of mission activation?

Or a storyline...?

I'll leave the type of mission and how it's offered to the player up to your imagination. However, there isn't any way to make two governments hostile and yet not fight. You could simply give the fleet a government not hostile to the Rebels nor the confeds, but then your status wouldn't change at all when you killed them. If anything, killing the fleet would make the Rebels and Confeds more hostile.

Bottom line, you're stuck with having to hog kills from the Rebels and Confeds. 😞

Possibilities on disabling AIs other than the fleet upon mission accept?

Hmm... you could give yourself a weapon with a huge blast radius, doesn't hurt you, and also disables all it touches, then fire it once you take off. Other than that, no way to do what you have in mind. Plus, it would be a major cheat.

What I suggest is landing and taking off repeatedly until it's just you and the pirates. If you can't land, then leave and come back until it's just you and the pirates.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 10 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Or maybe make it so the massive Pirate fleet attacks other ships that attack them, too? With the size I'm thinking of, it shouldn't take more than 30 seconds for them to destroy a few Confed Cruisers.

QUOTE (EVWeb @ Mar 6 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

// Also note, that if you do the Confed Missions, you get access to both sides Tech, not just the Confed's.

#define NOSPOILER "I didn't use the spoiler tag just to mess with you guys. =P"

C-c-c-Combo BREAKERRR!

That's all folks!